• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trevor Lawrence to stay?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about the equivalent of when Joey Bosa told reporters he might return for his senior year. It's not happening

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just tell the jets he won't play for them and they will have to trade the pick. His career would be over if the jets draft him anyway.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Tua gets a career ending injury, it’d be nuts for them to draft a quarterback in the first round two years in a row.
I would draft Lawrence and trade Tua.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. I doubt that say even the Jets do get that #1 pick that they’d trade it to a division rival. I can see Miami drafting a backup quarterback on day two or three that fits the system but not with one of their first two picks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Lawrence stays his senior year. He may be hoping the Jets don't draft him. Chances are the Jets trade the pick for a big haul.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Huh? Already? We haven't seen Tua play one snap yet LOL A little premature especially since Miami already has 3 wins, they won't be in contention to draft Trevor

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if Lawrence stays his senior year. He may be hoping the Jets don't draft him. Chances are the Jets trade the pick for a big haul.

I don't even think the Jets are that stupid. If Gase is gone, Darnold likely follows...so they would really be put in the perfect spot to draft a QB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't even think the Jets are that stupid. If Gase is gone, Darnold likely follows...so they would really be put in the perfect spot to draft a QB.
Or maybe the Jets feel Gase is the reason like with Tannehill and others that went on to success once they were free from Gase.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is a good possibility if you ask me that the jets will be in the running for the first pick next year also.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the Jets feel Gase is the reason like with Tannehill and others that went on to success once they were free from Gase.

Maybe. I still think they could keep Darnold on the roster and compete for the starting job...then if he loses it, ship him off. I just think Trevor is too damn good and that pick has so much value. IMO I wouldn't take 3 1st's for that pick. It is the Jets though.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,993.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great possibility. I think a legit shot at 0-16
And next years team could be worse then this years team. So this could definitely backfire on him

Boglodyte

2 things that make life worth living, guns/cigars
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since his home is in Georgia, the Falcons should tank to increase their shot at getting him

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. I doubt that say even the Jets do get that #1 pick that they’d trade it to a division rival. I can see Miami drafting a backup quarterback on day two or three that fits the system but not with one of their first two picks.
Yeah, I forgot about the division rivalry. Lawrence might be worth 3 number 1's.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? Already? We haven't seen Tua play one snap yet LOL A little premature especially since Miami already has 3 wins, they won't be in contention to draft Trevor
Well, there is trade value. I just have this feeling that Tua is a little fragile.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I forgot about the division rivalry. Lawrence might be worth 3 number 1's.
Yeah, if the Jets get that #1 pick, they can take a massive amount of picks. I feel like the Jags would be in the best position to trade for that #1 pick with two first rounders already and they could then work from there. The Dolphins I feel would probably take an offensive lineman with their first pick (possibly in the top 10 if Houston continues losing) to protect Tua.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Atl gets the pick id much rather trade it than get Lawrence. Top 5 QBs have about a 10-15% chance of having really good careers historically. If you're picking first youre not just a QB away from being really good.

What happens now is teams are taking the QB but the rest of the team isn't ready to win . The QB then spends years losing as the team builds around them . Then right as your team is getting close to being ready to win you get to pay your QB 35M a year to keep him and can't add the pieces you need around him .

Id much rather build the team first then go get your franchise QB when that's all you're missing ( see KC )

I mean does anyone REALLY know that Darmild is no good? He hasn't had a competitive roster since he's been in the league

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there is trade value. I just have this feeling that Tua is a little fragile.
He very well could be but that #1 has some much value I dont think it is very realistic a team trades up. Would probably take 3 1st’s and even then I wouldn’t do it if a team was missing out on TL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Atl gets the pick id much rather trade it than get Lawrence. Top 5 QBs have about a 10-15% chance of having really good careers historically. If you're picking first youre not just a QB away from being really good.

What happens now is teams are taking the QB but the rest of the team isn't ready to win . The QB then spends years losing as the team builds around them . Then right as your team is getting close to being ready to win you get to pay your QB 35M a year to keep him and can't add the pieces you need around him .

Id much rather build the team first then go get your franchise QB when that's all you're missing ( see KC )

I mean does anyone REALLY know that Darmild is no good? He hasn't had a competitive roster since he's been in the league
ATL is in a tough spot. They have a potential out in 2022 for Matty Ice but even after there is so much dead cap it wouldn’t be worth it. Ryan probably has at most 3 years of good football left if I had to guess but the team has so many needs they need a lot of picks. That being said, they can go about it a couple ways. They could get so much for that pick, they could still draft a QB in the 1st (maybe even Fields) and then take care of needs. Probably going to have to get rid of that Julio contract via trade to have enough capital to turn this thing around that quickly. It’s just hard to pass on a talent like TL. It is one of the rare cases where he is more likely to be a stud franchise QB than a bust barring a career-ending injury. Very comparable to Luck

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL is in a tough spot. They have a potential out in 2022 for Matty Ice but even after there is so much dead cap it wouldn’t be worth it. Ryan probably has at most 3 years of good football left if I had to guess but the team has so many needs they need a lot of picks. That being said, they can go about it a couple ways. They could get so much for that pick, they could still draft a QB in the 1st (maybe even Fields) and then take care of needs. Probably going to have to get rid of that Julio contract via trade to have enough capital to turn this thing around that quickly. It’s just hard to pass on a talent like TL. It is one of the rare cases where he is more likely to be a stud franchise QB than a bust barring a career-ending injury. Very comparable to Luck
Atlanta is probably the only potential 1 pick who currently has a QB who is as good or better than TL will be his first few years. So it is unique in that they can afford to trade the pick and get a ton for it without risking a lot