• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trestman

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you think ANYONE in America cares about the CFL? He's won like 3 or 4 CFL titles, which no one cares about. Why not try the XFL? If he wins in year one, who knows, maybe an NFL team will take a chance on him? Or maybe he just likes the idea of living in America, vs friggin Canada while making money as a coach???

And the whole Chicago situation was a horrible situation for him to step into. Some situations it's just almost impossible to do well, esp if you are only given 2 years to work with. I HATED the move, being a Vikings fan. I didn't want to have to cheer against him.

He inherited a 10 win team with multiple pro bowlers (much less hof'ers) FFS, What f*cking new hire coach gets that?

You probably like Wannstedt too.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He inherited a 10 win team with multiple pro bowlers (much less hof'ers) FFS, What f*cking new hire coach gets that?

You probably like Wannstedt too.

Didn't they finish off that 10-6 season going 3-5 and missing the playoffs? That tells me everything wasn't hunky dory in Chi-town. They fired the coach for a reason. And having pro-bowlers doesn't always mean you will win, because pro-bowlers cost more money, and sometimes think it's ok to skate by, and sometimes age starts to kick in and they become less reliable and more susceptible to injury.

And why would I like Wannstedt? I liked/respected Ditka. Outside of that, you'd have to go WAY back to find a Bears coach I liked.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you think ANYONE in America cares about the CFL?
No, not really, other than if there are a few players here or there who look like they could play in the NFL. But other than that, I doubt there are more than a handful of NFL fans who follow the CFL.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not really, other than if there are a few players here or there who look like they could play in the NFL. But other than that, I doubt there are more than a handful of NFL fans who follow the CFL.

Exactly. Don't you think a few more WILL follow the XFL?

I mean, did you even know that Trestman has won several CFL titles?

If 10 Americans watch the CFL, and only 100 watch the XFL, that is still 10 times more, right? And living in the States has to be better than living in Canada. So his move from the CFL to the XFL should make perfect sense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure there will be a few more that follow the XFL than the CFL. There are always some out there who need their football fix all year long. But that still doesn't mean any significant numbers will watch.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm sure there will be a few more that follow the XFL than the CFL. There are always some out there who need their football fix all year long. But that still doesn't mean any significant numbers will watch.

Was anyone lauding the XFL as the next big thing? lol I wasn't. Just explaining why an American guy moving from a coaching gig in the CFL, in Canada, moving to the XFL, in America, wasn't a downgrade.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was anyone lauding the XFL as the next big thing? lol I wasn't. Just explaining why an American guy moving from a coaching gig in the CFL, in Canada, moving to the XFL, in America, wasn't a downgrade.
Fair enough. Good luck.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you think ANYONE in America cares about the CFL? He's won like 3 or 4 CFL titles, which no one cares about. Why not try the XFL? If he wins in year one, who knows, maybe an NFL team will take a chance on him? Or maybe he just likes the idea of living in America, vs friggin Canada while making money as a coach???

And the whole Chicago situation was a horrible situation for him to step into. Some situations it's just almost impossible to do well, esp if you are only given 2 years to work with. I HATED the move, being a Vikings fan. I didn't want to have to cheer against him.

This is an impossibly dishonest post. My eyes are in disbelief right now. Trestman wasn't just a colossal failure as a HC in the NFL. His legacy is that he lost the locker room and created the biggest hatred between a player ground and coaching staff in modern history. It was a FUCKING disaster. Guys like Ratcliff literally just blew up and quit mid-season. Marshall was fighting and calling out Trestman on a regular basis. Martellus Bennett just quit and famously beat up Kyle Fuller.

It was a CATASTROPHE. It's regarded as the worst season and biggest circus show in the franchise's history. It was embarrassing on so many levels. He didn't just lead a team into the ground. He allowed the fabric of an organization to be destroyed.

Second of all, you can still find articles calling the Bears job the most coveted of 2013 off-season. They were coming off a 10-6 season in 2012 and an NFC title appearance in 2010. In 2011, they were 7-3 before losing Cutler and Forte. Going 8-8. They were 29-19 over the past three seasons with two double digit win seasons and an NFC Title appearance.

This was considered a contending roster. He was brought into "WIN NOW" not build. So, just stop with the comical revisionist history.

The offense was BLEEDING with talent. A good O-line, Cutler, Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett. It was LOADED with potential. It set the record for scoring in his first season. But he blundered games away vs Minnesota, for example, by having Gould kick a 47 yard field goal on 2ND DOWN instead. The defense took a laughable step back from perennial top 5 to 31st under his command.

2014 was a fucking nightmare that no competent coach would ever have part in. You do not understand. It took us FOUR YEARS to recover from what Marc Trestman did to this team.

Then, he went to Baltimore was hated there.

XFL? Give me a MOTHER FUCKING break. You just fuck right off, sir. This is trash posting. I honestly don't think I have ever been more disgusted than reading someone pardon Marc Trestman of wrongdoing here.

Get a fucking clue.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, did you even know that Trestman has won several CFL titles?

If 10 Americans watch the CFL, and only 100 watch the XFL, that is still 10 times more, right? And living in the States has to be better than living in Canada. So his move from the CFL to the XFL should make perfect sense.

Is this even serious? Did we know Trestman won in the CFL?

No shit, shithead.

That's all that was talked about when we hired him.

XFL is a god damn gimmick start-up league. That has already failed once. That's why it's worse. It's like coaching in the football alliance last year.

The CFL is at least a sustained brand of football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't they finish off that 10-6 season going 3-5 and missing the playoffs? That tells me everything wasn't hunky dory in Chi-town. They fired the coach for a reason. And having pro-bowlers doesn't always mean you will win, because pro-bowlers cost more money, and sometimes think it's ok to skate by, and sometimes age starts to kick in and they become less reliable and more susceptible to injury

Oh my god, look at this apologist/spinster bull shit. They missed the playoffs because they lost several games at the wire to playoff teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston and got beat up by San Fran (all of whom won playoff games besides Minny who lost to GB) with Jason Campbell starting at QB. Campbell also played the majority of the Houston game and was a nightmare. The defense was decimated with injuries in the front seven.

And that's also besides the point. Because Trestman was brought in for the sole purpose of taking the team to the next level. Push them over the hump to a SB win. Which Lovie came close to in 2006 and 2010 but couldn't finish. He was not brought into change the culture of a team and build something.

You're just vomiting this shit out of your mouth trying to explain why pro bowlers can hurt you... soley because you can't explain yourself any better.

HC's usually get handed 4-5 win teams in a rebuild. Trestman got handed a perennial contender. Loaded with offensive talent. Two generation players in Marshall and Forte. A great line. Two other pro bowlers in Marty Bennett and Alshon Jeffery. A talented QB in Cutler who had played his best football over the past three seasons. A defense LOADED with elite talent.

And it's not like he just didn't win. He fucking obliterated the fabric of this team and organization. Made every single player resent the shit out of him and allowed them to begin to resent each other. To the point where guys were in the media talking shit about him. Fighting each other. Fighting sports radio broadcasters.

Then, how do you explain his Baltimore disaster where he was driven out of town by angry mobs mid-season?

Good lord dude. Just stop. You sound like a battered housewife defending her husband with two black eyes.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an impossibly dishonest post. My eyes are in disbelief right now. Trestman wasn't just a colossal failure as a HC in the NFL. His legacy is that he lost the locker room and created the biggest hatred between a player ground and coaching staff in modern history. It was a FUCKING disaster. Guys like Ratcliff literally just blew up and quit mid-season. Marshall was fighting and calling out Trestman on a regular basis. Martellus Bennett just quit and famously beat up Kyle Fuller.

It was a CATASTROPHE. It's regarded as the worst season and biggest circus show in the franchise's history. It was embarrassing on so many levels. He didn't just lead a team into the ground. He allowed the fabric of an organization to be destroyed.

Second of all, you can still find articles calling the Bears job the most coveted of 2013 off-season. They were coming off a 10-6 season in 2012 and an NFC title appearance in 2010. In 2011, they were 7-3 before losing Cutler and Forte. Going 8-8. They were 29-19 over the past three seasons with two double digit win seasons and an NFC Title appearance.

This was considered a contending roster. He was brought into "WIN NOW" not build. So, just stop with the comical revisionist history.

The offense was BLEEDING with talent. A good O-line, Cutler, Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett. It was LOADED with potential. It set the record for scoring in his first season. But he blundered games away vs Minnesota, for example, by having Gould kick a 47 yard field goal on 2ND DOWN instead. The defense took a laughable step back from perennial top 5 to 31st under his command.

2014 was a fucking nightmare that no competent coach would ever have part in. You do not understand. It took us FOUR YEARS to recover from what Marc Trestman did to this team.

Then, he went to Baltimore was hated there.

XFL? Give me a MOTHER FUCKING break. You just fuck right off, sir. This is trash posting. I honestly don't think I have ever been more disgusted than reading someone pardon Marc Trestman of wrongdoing here.

Get a fucking clue.

Wow, you aren't a nutjob homer are you? lol Dude, Chicago has been a joke of an NFL team for almost FOREVER. Vikes fans I know about only fear Green Bay. They've NEVER cared about Chicago, EVER. Even Detroit conjures up more emotion and interest.

I heard Cutler was a very hard player to work with. Trestman is an offensive guy, for sure, and Chicago's offense performed quite well, so your bs about the offense being so talented, is like? Yeah, so, the offense was NOT the problem. The Defense was. So why don't you talk about the defense and what happened there?

And dude, you need to calm the fuck down, holy sh1t. I don't give a rats ass about either the XFL or the CFL, and sure, the CFL is more of an established league, SO WHAT, so is the Minnesota State High School League, doesn't mean any cfb fans will be impressed because some guy won 3 straight HS State titles. Same as NDSU winning tons of titles. Almost no one cares, they're always going to be more impressed if some AAC conf coach does well one year.

And doesn't matter if the XFL is gimmicky, it's NEW. Short attention span population DUH. NO ONE, absolutely no one cares about the CFL, in fact, I'd bet 80% of the nation's youth, people under the age of 25, don't even know what the CFL is. So Trestman could win his 4th-5th CFL title and no one would care or notice. But if he goes and wins the first XFL title, who knows? MAYBE someone will take notice, or maybe he is close enough to retirement now that he just doesn't give a fuck what some loser psycho fan like yourself thinks of him, or what NFL people think, maybe he's just getting one or two more years in of getting paid to coach football, but closer to where he wants to live. He's old, maybe he plans to retire in Florida? lol

But seriously, relax dude. I could care less, tbh. I just get a kick out of how a homer fan like yourself SO can't stand the idea that it might be your team's fault, you are desperate to blame it on the coach who half of you, if not most of you didn't like from the start.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my god, look at this apologist/spinster bull shit. They missed the playoffs because they lost several games at the wire to playoff teams like Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston and got beat up by San Fran (all of whom won playoff games besides Minny who lost to GB) with Jason Campbell starting at QB. Campbell also played the majority of the Houston game and was a nightmare. The defense was decimated with injuries in the front seven.

And that's also besides the point. Because Trestman was brought in for the sole purpose of taking the team to the next level. Push them over the hump to a SB win. Which Lovie came close to in 2006 and 2010 but couldn't finish. He was not brought into change the culture of a team and build something.

You're just vomiting this shit out of your mouth trying to explain why pro bowlers can hurt you... soley because you can't explain yourself any better.

HC's usually get handed 4-5 win teams in a rebuild. Trestman got handed a perennial contender. Loaded with offensive talent. Two generation players in Marshall and Forte. A great line. Two other pro bowlers in Marty Bennett and Alshon Jeffery. A talented QB in Cutler who had played his best football over the past three seasons. A defense LOADED with elite talent.

And it's not like he just didn't win. He fucking obliterated the fabric of this team and organization. Made every single player resent the shit out of him and allowed them to begin to resent each other. To the point where guys were in the media talking shit about him. Fighting each other. Fighting sports radio broadcasters.

Then, how do you explain his Baltimore disaster where he was driven out of town by angry mobs mid-season?

Good lord dude. Just stop. You sound like a battered housewife defending her husband with two black eyes.

Sounds like a roster full of headcases to me.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago has been a joke of an NFL team for almost FOREVER.

As opposed to the Vikings long history of winning titles? Or any teams from Minnesota.

Outside of a small blip in time when the Twins won and some recent WNBA wins....the entire state of Minnesota is a pathetic joke in the sports world.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what the funniest sh*t about that Baltimore deal was? He got replaced by ol' "Take the Wind" Marty...LOL. You know you suck so bad when...

How the f*ck anyone can make a case for Trestman is beyond me.

rightsaidfred needs to slow his roll.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As opposed to the Vikings long history of winning titles? Or any teams from Minnesota.

Outside of a small blip in time when the Twins won and some recent WNBA wins....the entire state of Minnesota is a pathetic joke in the sports world.

You mean like the Lakers, who owned Pro BB for almost a decade? Winning 6 Pro BB titles in 7 years.

You mean like the Gopher men's hockey team that owned the sport throughout the 70s, and went on to give America it's Miracle on Ice?

You mean like the Gopher wrestling team, and golf team that combined with the hockey team to win 5 titles in 3 seasons, that was followed immediately by a women's hockey team that won Back to Back Titles, followed soon after with the Wr team winning their 3rd natl title? And then not long after the Women's hockey team made 5 straight Title games, winning 4 of the 5? A true Dynasty.

And now with our new Nation's best Practice Facility/Athletes Village, Gopher Nation is absolutely on the Rise!!!

As for the T-Pups or the other pro teams, I could care less, really. They are paid employees, hardly indicative of a state's worth or merit. The owner willing to pay the most, usually wins the most.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what the funniest sh*t about that Baltimore deal was? He got replaced by ol' "Take the Wind" Marty...LOL. You know you suck so bad when...

How the f*ck anyone can make a case for Trestman is beyond me.

rightsaidfred needs to slow his roll.

Dude, you are not what anyone would call an umbiased objective observer. Find me an outsider whose dick you are not sucking, that agrees with you that Chicago should have been a Championship team when Trestman took over and I might take them seriously.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean like the Lakers, who owned Pro BB for almost a decade? Winning 6 Pro BB titles in 7 years.

You mean like the Gopher men's hockey team that owned the sport throughout the 70s, and went on to give America it's Miracle on Ice?

You mean like the Gopher wrestling team, and golf team that combined with the hockey team to win 5 titles in 3 seasons, that was followed immediately by a women's hockey team that won Back to Back Titles, followed soon after with the Wr team winning their 3rd natl title? And then not long after the Women's hockey team made 5 straight Title games, winning 4 of the 5? A true Dynasty.

And now with our new Nation's best Practice Facility/Athletes Village, Gopher Nation is absolutely on the Rise!!!

As for the T-Pups or the other pro teams, I could care less, really. They are paid employees, hardly indicative of a state's worth or merit. The owner willing to pay the most, usually wins the most.

The Lakers? The team that hates your shithole state so much they moved to California?

Nice try sport.