• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trent williams to browns ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its right that the redskins should not have to pay him, he doesn't want to play for us why should we pay him? Im still wondering if there was a first round pick on the table at the trade deadline.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its right that the redskins should not have to pay him, he doesn't want to play for us why should we pay him? Im still wondering if there was a first round pick on the table at the trade deadline.

That's cool cuz when you say shit like that I still wonder if you're a bot.

You must've broken your common sense meter somewhere along the way. While doing all those back flips trying to defend Snyder and Allen.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Washingtonpost article:

But Williams has to give his permission for a review and thus far has declined.

"Because I felt like there was no reason. If they would have done the investigation and they would have seen wrongdoing of any sort, there was nothing in it for me," Williams said. "I wouldn't get my wages back, I wouldn't get anything, and all they would get is a written description on how to do better. So I just thought it was a needless process for me to even be involved in. And there's a ton of guys whose injuries they've botched within the last 12 months that they should have done research on that. Those guys are still banged up. So I just felt like them trying to do it in my case was them trying to cover their own butts."

That’s called “real life,” Trent Williams.
What? You thought that the Redskins were solely interested in your well being, and also solely responsible for your well being?

they are not.

Any way you slice it, BOTH the Redskins AND TW are at fault.

The ONLY difference is that TW will definitely land on his feet somewhere where the team leadership / ownership has a better understanding of how to cater to the needs of its players than the fucking asshole / sleazebag shit organization that the redskins have become.

Oddly enough, it isnt Dan Snyder that is the problem in this situation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brucifer always has to be a winner in these intrigues . and we will fail because of it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cool cuz when you say shit like that I still wonder if you're a bot.

You must've broken your common sense meter somewhere along the way. While doing all those back flips trying to defend Snyder and Allen.

What? was there a confirmed offer?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brucifer always has to be a winner in these intrigues . and we will fail because of it

If Bruce passed on a 1st round pick Im with you. But there is no way that we should be paying TW. Was there a 2nd round pick on table at the trade deadline? What if someone offers a first in the off season?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bruce passed on a 1st round pick Im with you. But there is no way that we should be paying TW. Was there a 2nd round pick on table at the trade deadline? What if someone offers a first in the off season?
I think 2nd rounder was on the table but not sure . The fact is we won’t get anything higher then a 3rd now because now the draft plays into it and he is on an expensive one year deal

totally mishandled by Allen

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2nd rounder was on the table but not sure . The fact is we won’t get anything higher then a 3rd now because now the draft plays into it and he is on an expensive one year deal

totally mishandled by Allen

so you feel we should of taken the 2nd rounder?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have because I believe Njoku and and 4th were also there

brucifer countered with 1st and ward .

I got this off Cleveland talk radio for what it’s worth

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we'll take a 2nd to the 1st bidder in Jan.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, we'll take a 2nd to the 1st bidder in Jan.
Won't happen in January. No one is going to be making big trades that early. If it happens, it will happen at the draft. If he isn't dealt by then, we are totally screwed and will end up getting jack shit for him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? was there a confirmed offer?

You keep talking about what? A day before the deadline? The day of the deadline? What about 5 days, 3 weeks, 2 months, before the trade deadline?

It was reported that the Browns really wanted Trent multiple times. It was reported that the Colts and the Ravens I believe were interested in RK. Hell, Albert Breem of SI even claimed Norman's triflin ass was inquired about.

Far as confirmation goes this is all I got.

Trent vowed not to play for the Redskins months ago and he was true to his word.

Bruce is a fuckin vindictive, petty dickhead who has no business GMing an NFL football team. Time and time again this has been shown to be accurate and factual.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skins botched this just like they botch every other player trade. Its what they do.

the first round offer from the Pats, even at #32 is probably the best offer they’ll get.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have because I believe Njoku and and 4th were also there

brucifer countered with 1st and ward .

I got this off Cleveland talk radio for what it’s worth

wow. I heard Cle didn't want TW anymore. I thought they were the ones that offered a 2nd rounder.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep talking about what? A day before the deadline? The day of the deadline? What about 5 days, 3 weeks, 2 months, before the trade deadline?

It was reported that the Browns really wanted Trent multiple times. It was reported that the Colts and the Ravens I believe were interested in RK. Hell, Albert Breem of SI even claimed Norman's triflin ass was inquired about.

Far as confirmation goes this is all I got.

Trent vowed not to play for the Redskins months ago and he was true to his word.

Bruce is a fuckin vindictive, petty dickhead who has no business GMing an NFL football team. Time and time again this has been shown to be accurate and factual.

I agree, I just thought there was only a 2nd rounder that was offered for TW.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just thought there was only a 2nd rounder that was offered for TW.

Lets say that there was only a 2nd offered for Trent. All that is is a jumping off point and if you think about it. Consider the Skins trading history recent and otherwise. If a team interested in trading for a present Redskins player had done a little homework on the Skins. They'd be prudent to start low, if the Skins bite, cool, if not though, let the horse trading begin.

For that to happen though two parties need to engage in a conversation. Which was something Allen apparently wouldn't do. At least not till only 24 hours were left to do a deal and the Skins asking price reportedly was a 1st rd pk

NFL rumors: Here's the Redskins' asking price for a Trent Williams trade
from the article said:
The Washington Redskins have resisted trading top-tier left tackle Trent Williams throughout the 2019 NFL season, but it sounds like their stance has changed a bit with about 24 hours to go before Tuesday's 4 p.m. ET trade deadline.

Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer reports the Redskins' current asking price for Williams is a first-round draft pick.

Personally I think the ideal time for Allen to have made a real push to trade Trent to Cle was right after they fairly convincingly ass paddled the Ravens 40-25 in week 4. Along with the 40 points they rolled for over 500 yards on offense and while giving up some yards on defense. Balt scored a garbage TD with less than a minute to play and Cle defense INTed Lamar twice, sacked him 4 times, and forced/recovered an Ingram fumble. It was probably Cleveland's most impressive win, hell, I dunno, in a decade and put their record at 2-2. Which was good enough for 1st place in the AFC North. Cleveland was feeling themselves in a real way.

Had Allen already been in conversation with the Browns at the time. He could've gauged just how much the Browns were feeling themselves. And maybe they were feeling so good Allen could've sold them on Trent being the last piece of the puzzle they needed to make some real noise in the AFC North and beyond. Something along the lines of. Yeah my price is a little steep (insert offer here) maybe, but in exchange this is what you're getting. An OT who's graded out as a top 3 OT in all of football the last 3 years. Who's probably in the best shape of his pro career health-wise since he was a rookie. He's little long in the tooth age-wise, but I'd bet dollars to donuts he's still got 3-4 years of elite play and he'll solidify Baker's blindside for that long as well. He's also been a team captain and leader who plays hurt. I wish like hell the Skins could've come to an understanding with Trent, but as hard as we tried. It didn't happen. He's ready for a change of scenery and you guys are ready for a top tier OT who knows how to lead by example. Its a damn good match you guys and Trent, but I can't just give him away.

Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. One thing I can say with 100% certainty is that it couldn't have failed anymore than the plan Allen went with. Which was by a vindictive, petty bitch who goes radio silent the entire trading period sans the last 24 hours. Then willy nilly try and get a deal done in the waning seconds with a team that's lost its last 4 games making them 2-6. And possibly ready to come apart at the seams any time now while catching a lotta flak some of which is no doubt warranted.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Washingtonpost article:

But Williams has to give his permission for a review and thus far has declined.

"Because I felt like there was no reason. If they would have done the investigation and they would have seen wrongdoing of any sort, there was nothing in it for me," Williams said. "I wouldn't get my wages back, I wouldn't get anything, and all they would get is a written description on how to do better. So I just thought it was a needless process for me to even be involved in. And there's a ton of guys whose injuries they've botched within the last 12 months that they should have done research on that. Those guys are still banged up. So I just felt like them trying to do it in my case was them trying to cover their own butts."

That’s called “real life,” Trent Williams.
What? You thought that the Redskins were solely interested in your well being, and also solely responsible for your well being?

they are not.

Any way you slice it, BOTH the Redskins AND TW are at fault.

The ONLY difference is that TW will definitely land on his feet somewhere where the team leadership / ownership has a better understanding of how to cater to the needs of its players than the fucking asshole / sleazebag shit organization that the redskins have become.

Oddly enough, it isnt Dan Snyder that is the problem in this situation.

Not a bad summation, however, I do take exception to one thing in it. Dan Snyder owns the team and therefore allows this to persist.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why so much concentration on the draft deadline? They had every opportunity to move him much earlier than that and could have gotten a much better return for him then. It's short sighted to focus on this limited time period and by extension sort of gives a pass to the total ineptitude of our front office. For the record free agency began on March 13, 2019, 4 p.m. ET.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I dont get is why TW would get credit for this year anyway. While I am generally for the players in labor disputes, it seems unreasonable to me that a player could hold out until week 10, show up, promptly claim a dubious ailment like “my head hurts when I put on a helmet,” get put on the non-football list, and STILL get credit for the season.

That should be fixed in the next contract cycle.
Marijuana should be made legal for players to help them with pain management, second opinion doctors should be encouraged, prices for fans should drop, thursday night games should disappear, and Bruce Allen should be fired.
;-)