• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent "IRON FIST" Baalke

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's the case...he laid his eggs in a shit woven offensive minded basket and its his own fault. If his fingerprints were on the offense...well...god bless his firey heart...it regressed every year and then two fold last season. Truth be told I love Harbs, but man...he and Roman lent the feeling that they were doing their planning in the dark and adjustments...what are those again??? Yea...those didn't happen...repeat madness.

Despite everyones displeasure...we will be more than competitive next year. Despite popuar opinion...I think JT and staff will be fine. Most on the board are acting like a teenage girl who got dumped for the first time. We will make moves on the O, our D is beyond solid when healthy, we'll be fine.

Scoring only two TD's in the 4th quarter all season long was a disaster. Roman and Harbaugh did an awful job making adjustments. Our defense should be good next season. The bigger issue is the offense. Can they score enough points next year?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scoring only two TD's in the 4th quarter all season long was a disaster. Roman and Harbaugh did an awful job making adjustments. Our defense should be good next season. The bigger issue is the offense. Can they score enough points next year?

I'd actually would have felt much better if the defensive coaching staff was left intact. I would have promoted Fangio and let him bring in an offensive staff. I would have felt much better about next season and think it could have possibly been even better. I think the previous poster's comment about Harbaugh maxing out could be true. Harbaugh and offensive staff seemed stubborn to fix certain things and couldn't make in game adjustments. I wouldn't as one poster did put it all on Kapernick as Harbaugh's downfall. There are a number of coaching mistakes and personnel ones.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

the lack of offense probably played a big role in the whole Harbaugh thing, likely started two years ago? If you were Baalke or York, wouldn't you show a BIG concern with lack of offense? Anyway, this board went over that the entire 2014, no need to re-visit now. :-)

At least we'll see a few different things this season on offense. whether it works well or consistently enough remains to be seen, but there should be new wrinkles. In the larger picture, not expecting a big change from our previous 'running identity', and I'm ok with it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That guy is an ass. Jeep is far and away from my pick, and it's rumored he was in charge of our redzone O. (horrid and hopefully not all him - go Warner)...but holy good god...would we be more secure in bringing in some putz from college? Everyone we went after didn't just deny us, they shut down half a dozen other teams shooting for them, and those guys got promoted within the organization they currently were coaching or gained a position in a new team that vastly overpaid for them. Harbs set the president last season making our staff the most highly paid staff in the NFL. How'd that work out or us? Vegas odds tell me 50% of what we paid for and the return was 50% of that on the negative side of things.

People can laugh at us now...but with a healthy D, a few FA acquisitions, and a solid draft...I think we'll be good to go. We have talent on both sides of the ball, we're not going to suck...people will chastise us and write us off...and I like it that way...we'll be back in contention next year.

agree there is still talent on this team for 2015, we'll be competitive next season. Healthy D is by far the key, will Bowman get back to near 100%? Will Brock come back solid? Ian and Dorsey? Reid with concussions?

Not expecting anything 'big' from free agency, and I'm ok with that. Just seek value as usual.

We're in a better draft slot from recent years, so we should add a decent class? Been thinking a little more quality over quantity last two years, but Baalke hasn't done that?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the lack of offense probably played a big role in the whole Harbaugh thing, likely started two years ago? If you were Baalke or York, wouldn't you show a BIG concern with lack of offense? Anyway, this board went over that the entire 2014, no need to re-visit now. :-)

At least we'll see a few different things this season on offense. whether it works well or consistently enough remains to be seen, but there should be new wrinkles. In the larger picture, not expecting a big change from our previous 'running identity', and I'm ok with it.

I'm hoping for better clock management and halftime adjustments. Like you stated, add new wrinkles to the offense. Hoping some improvement from Kap, even if it is minimal.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree there is still talent on this team for 2015, we'll be competitive next season. Healthy D is by far the key, will Bowman get back to near 100%? Will Brock come back solid? Ian and Dorsey? Reid with concussions?

Not expecting anything 'big' from free agency, and I'm ok with that. Just seek value as usual.

We're in a better draft slot from recent years, so we should add a decent class? Been thinking a little more quality over quantity last two years, but Baalke hasn't done that?

Hopefully Gamble will help with that. I had read he was a significant part of successful past drafts

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF we win the Superbowl with this staff Baalke will become the best GM in the league.

If we win the SB with this staff...

Insert any nonsensical thing you want there. Ain't gonna happen. When we start next year 0-5 and lose the lockerroom to mutiny, I predict there will still be 9ers fans supporting this lunacy.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that's the case...he laid his eggs in a shit woven offensive minded basket and its his own fault. If his fingerprints were on the offense...well...god bless his firey heart...it regressed every year and then two fold last season. Truth be told I love Harbs, but man...he and Roman lent the feeling that they were doing their planning in the dark and adjustments...what are those again??? Yea...those didn't happen...repeat madness.

Despite everyones displeasure...we will be more than competitive next year. Despite popuar opinion...I think JT and staff will be fine. Most on the board are acting like a teenage girl who got dumped for the first time. We will make moves on the O, our D is beyond solid when healthy, we'll be fine.

This is an opinion. Do you have any evidence that supports this opinion?

I'm guessing we go 4-12, finish in the bottom three in total offense, last in passing offense, and bottom ten in total defense. This is just my prediction, but I'm basing that off of these awful coaching "hires." And let's face it, these weren't competitive hires. Nobody wanted to be here, so we were left with promoting guys who were awful last year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not okay with this. The league is a passing league. We have to be able to pass the ball effectively. This team's "running identity," especially considering Gore is basically done, reminds me of Mike Tice's "Randy Ratio." This team needs to be totally gutted and rebuilt on the offensive side of the ball.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not okay with this. The league is a passing league. We have to be able to pass the ball effectively. This team's "running identity," especially considering Gore is basically done, reminds me of Mike Tice's "Randy Ratio." This team needs to be totally gutted and rebuilt on the offensive side of the ball.

your opinion is fine but do you have the patience to then let it take fruit?

you cannot "totally gutted and rebuilt " AND expect results from game 1? my guess is NO WAY IN HELL you have that patience. :-)

my opinion of "RUN IDENTITY" means going similar to 2011, 2012, and 2013 run ratios. Yes, it is a passing league now so if that ratio goes up 1 or even 2%, fine with me. Didn't mean it as lead the NFL in rush attempts.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your opinion is fine but do you have the patience to then let it take fruit?

you cannot "totally gutted and rebuilt " AND expect results from game 1? my guess is NO WAY IN HELL you have that patience. :-)

my opinion of "RUN IDENTITY" means going similar to 2011, 2012, and 2013 run ratios. Yes, it is a passing league now so if that ratio goes up 1 or even 2%, fine with me. Didn't mean it as lead the NFL in rush attempts.

If we're gutting the offense to build one that works, I'll have plenty of patience. I already expect us to be garbage next season anyway.

I'm tired of watching run, run, run, hope to win with defense. With a good coaching staff, we could get close to the 6th ring. With a terrible one (this one), we're going to be exposed.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2