• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trent "IRON FIST" Baalke

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He must crush Harbaugh to rule the world. What a fucking joke. Jed is going to be fried this year in the press.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it. Why? Harbaugh only way to stay was to win it all last year. The O line was hurt and out of it all year. Not fair. Baalke wants to run the ball. Harbaugh tried to run the ball. Good luck Trent.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get it. Why? Harbaugh only way to stay was to win it all last year. The O line was hurt and out of it all year. Not fair. Baalke wants to run the ball. Harbaugh tried to run the ball. Good luck Trent.

Is this why we never got those WRs through the draft besides Crabtree? Williams, Jenkins, etc. seemed to be value picks rather than need/point of emphasis picks. Was LMJ a sour point with Baalke and Harbaugh?

Either way, I blame you for our downfall because you stopped those poems/ballads you used to write. (Or do you still write them, just not share anymore?) We started falling once you stopped.

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lay it on my man. I still write poems. Would like to be inspired to write more about the 49ers. I usually catch shit for writing poems and now you want me to write more or are you bullshitting me. I know Cal is laughing right now somewhere.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is an egotistical windbag. That being said; Harbaugh made his bed. He placed all of his eggs in the Kaepernick basket and it turned out fruitless. At least so far. Would we be succesful again next year with Harbaugh and a healthy team? I'm sure we'd make the playoffs but I don't think Kaep leads us to the promised land. JMHO

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

No, Anthony Davis was hurt. Daniel Kilgore played seven games and they went 4-3, losing to the Bears and Cardinals. I hate, hate, hate the "OL was hurt" excuse. The offense was actually good in the first half of games. Our inability to adjust at the half killed us. That's on coaching more than players IMO.

And if Harbaugh and Co. get a pass when they deal with some injuries, does that also mean they don't get credit for a 2011 and 2012 in which we were remarkably healthy?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well if this mess turns into losing seasons going forward......as everyone seems to predict now.....Jed won't keep 'iron fist'.

at this point, the 49ers could win the SB and Baalke still won't get credit.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
well if this mess turns into losing seasons going forward......as everyone seems to predict now.....Jed won't keep 'iron fist'.

at this point, the 49ers could win the SB and Baalke still won't get credit.

If they win the super bowl, Baalke will be entirely vindicated and should get the majority of the credit, IMO.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IF, if, if... That's the problem..things don't get more likely when you destroy the very basis of a great team. Logically, We're have done nothing to restore balance and continuity to this team..we haven't done anything to re-tool toward a Better staf..this hasn't been an exercise in addition thru subtraction...which it could have been if done correctly. Sorry, but this hasn't been an exercise of addition thru subtraction. Jmho:noidea:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent would deserve all the credit IF the Niners win the Super Bowl next year. At the same token, I don't want to hear "year of adjustment" with a new HC and staff if the Niners miss out on the playoffs or have a losing season. It's been stated several times that it's "retooling" not rebuilding. I would expect nothing less than a playoff appearance next season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they win the super bowl, Baalke will be entirely vindicated and should get the majority of the credit, IMO.

IF we win the Superbowl with this staff Baalke will become the best GM in the league.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
IF, if, if... That's the problem..things don't get more likely when you destroy the very basis of a great team. Logically, We're have done nothing to restore balance and continuity to this team..we haven't done anything to re-tool toward a Better staf..this hasn't been an exercise in addition thru subtraction...which it could have been if done correctly. Sorry, but this hasn't been an exercise of addition thru subtraction. Jmho:noidea:

That's certainly how it appears at this time. But what's done is done. We'll have to see how it plays out. No sense in giving up before the season has even begun. All good HCs had their first start somewhere.

I agree that there is no such thing as an adjustment year. The FO has placed an enormous amount of pressure on a first-time HC and a relatively inexperienced staff. If they don't make the playoffs this year, there will be all sorts of calls for all sorts of heads.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't lay it on my man. I still write poems. Would like to be inspired to write more about the 49ers. I usually catch shit for writing poems and now you want me to write more or are you bullshitting me. I know Cal is laughing right now somewhere.

Anything for a win, man. People have gotten on me for my long posts and QB-centric talk, so I wouldn't get on you for writing poems. It's not something I would do, because I'm not a poetic writer, but I definitely appreciate those who have the talent. And the guts to share it like you did. :suds:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We got rid of Smith when he was playing well, despite his flaws, and we got someone who played as well or better and won. That someone regressed due to the coaching staff and himself.

We then got rid of Harbaugh, despite his personality issues and clock management skills, and we got Tomsula, Mangini, and Chryst. Problem is, it isn't as likely that they will coach as well or better and win like Kaepernick did. And if they do well from the get go, can they sustain it, or will they regress due to the management and other issues?

But they need to be able to prove it. "Not as likely" doesn't equal "can't."

Band of Brothers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything for a win, man. People have gotten on me for my long posts and QB-centric talk, so I wouldn't get on you for writing poems. It's not something I would do, because I'm not a poetic writer, but I definitely appreciate those who have the talent. And the guts to share it like you did. :suds:

Thanks for the kind words.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trent would deserve all the credit IF the Niners win the Super Bowl next year. At the same token, I don't want to hear "year of adjustment" with a new HC and staff if the Niners miss out on the playoffs or have a losing season. It's been stated several times that it's "retooling" not rebuilding. I would expect nothing less than a playoff appearance next season.

Why? There are still fans that think Kaep can be a good QB! :nod:

But I agree!!

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke is an egotistical windbag. That being said; Harbaugh made his bed. He placed all of his eggs in the Kaepernick basket and it turned out fruitless. At least so far. Would we be succesful again next year with Harbaugh and a healthy team? I'm sure we'd make the playoffs but I don't think Kaep leads us to the promised land. JMHO

Well if that's the case...he laid his eggs in a shit woven offensive minded basket and its his own fault. If his fingerprints were on the offense...well...god bless his firey heart...it regressed every year and then two fold last season. Truth be told I love Harbs, but man...he and Roman lent the feeling that they were doing their planning in the dark and adjustments...what are those again??? Yea...those didn't happen...repeat madness.

Despite everyones displeasure...we will be more than competitive next year. Despite popuar opinion...I think JT and staff will be fine. Most on the board are acting like a teenage girl who got dumped for the first time. We will make moves on the O, our D is beyond solid when healthy, we'll be fine.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is Jason Cole 'reporting', not specific 49er players displaying "dismay". So guess it is the typical how much is truth, how much is 'reporting'?

That guy is an ass. Jeep is far and away from my pick, and it's rumored he was in charge of our redzone O. (horrid and hopefully not all him - go Warner)...but holy good god...would we be more secure in bringing in some putz from college? Everyone we went after didn't just deny us, they shut down half a dozen other teams shooting for them, and those guys got promoted within the organization they currently were coaching or gained a position in a new team that vastly overpaid for them. Harbs set the president last season making our staff the most highly paid staff in the NFL. How'd that work out or us? Vegas odds tell me 50% of what we paid for and the return was 50% of that on the negative side of things.

People can laugh at us now...but with a healthy D, a few FA acquisitions, and a solid draft...I think we'll be good to go. We have talent on both sides of the ball, we're not going to suck...people will chastise us and write us off...and I like it that way...we'll be back in contention next year.