• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's "it'll never happen" '21 Mock draft

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, what the hell right?? I'm not gonna mock trades, even though you know damned good and well there will be at least a couple.

I'm also not noting defensive picks, or OL's. Yes the line has a direct impact on fantasy production, but it just not exciting.

BTW, the draft begins at #3, no excitement or intrigue, in Lawrence or Wilson.

#3 SF- QB J. Fields. Mac Jones is a smokescreen. They're stuck with JimmyG one more year, might as well take the dude who might need a year to learn

#4 ATL- TE Pitts. Honestly I think someone trades into this spot. But if not, I think the consensus is right, offensively, Pitts is exactly what they need

#5 cincy-WR J. Chase. Honestly don't think any other WR is in his class. The Alabama duo is nice, this guy is better, period.

#7 Detriot- QB Trey Lance. Boring pick at 6, then back on the QB train. We all know Goff isn't the answer, but he's not half bad as a guy that could set an example for a dude who needs a ton of seasoning.

#8 -#14 we get a ton of defensive and OL picks...including Denver, who refused to trade up, doesn't like Mac Jones, and missed out on the rest

#15 NE -QB Mac Jones. The only guy remotely close to Brady's skillset, and he falls right into BB's lap. Sickening

Some more blah until WFT

#19 WFT- WR D. Smith. Honestly it's a coin flip between he and Waddle, but they're going WR.

#22 Ten- WR Waddle. They'll take Waddle to pair with AJ Brown..and Waddle rockets down Dynasty draft boards

#23 NYJ- RB T. Etienne. Jets obviously have more important needs, but if you're hitting the reset button on offense, might as well start with the entire backfield. If they don't go RB here, they will in rd2

#24 PIT- RB N. Harris. Back to back 1st round RB's isn't likely to happen, and I'm more confident in the Steelers taking one than Jets, and either way, I expect them to take Harris. Strong rushing attack can take some of the load off an aging Big Ben, and maybe he can make one more run at it.

#29. GB-WR it should be a WR, so it probably won't be. But if it is...Bateman, Moore, Moore, Marshall, Toney ..whatever. tremendous drop off in the WR's between Chase and the 'Bama boys, and everyone else

Everyone else in Rd1 goes D or OL, including BUFF

Rd2---

33- NYJ-WR If they went RB at 23, they'll go WR, and pick any one of the 5 identical dudes the GB didnt, here, if they went WR, than J. Williams is looking awfully good

35 ATL - J. Williams. Massive hole to fill, a HC that loves 2 and 3 TE sets, gotta have a RB, and the pickings are awfully slim behind the top 3.

40. Den- QB Kyle Trask. Denver makes the same mistake they did a couple years ago. Grab a 2nd tier rookie QB, with no mentor, nor no credible grooming staff to mold the poor kid into a real NFL QB. But hey, credit for not giving up. Maybe the end up getting TeddyB or Tyrod to come in and "bridge"

41. Det -WR , another WR, the 5 identical guys are getting thinner, almost time for another dive off a cliff.

43. SF- WR. I think they nab the last of the "2nd tier" guys..my guess is one of the "Moore's"

49. ARZ-RB M. Carter. The last RB, in my list, that is ready and able to be a 3 down guy, today.

50. Mia- QB K. Mond. Not %100 sure Miami is all in on Tua, and even if they are, they've got nothing behind him.

54 INDY- QB Davis Mills. project QB to sit behind Wentz, they hope.

Well, 2 rounds is enough for me

Other picks of note..in my book at least...and my book doesn't care about the next dozen WR's that will be picked, or the RB's who are earmarked for depth/special teams and will only be meaningful for fantasy purposes if massive injuries strike, or the unforeseen diamond in the rough blossoms during camp.

Rd3
81 Miami-RB K. Gainwell
83 PHILLY- RB T. Sermon

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals taking Sewell is more of a lock than the Jags and Lawerence. (unless the Falcons take him)

Falcons is gonna be a big factor at 4. If they move Julio, I see them going Chase over Pitts.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals taking Sewell is more of a lock than the Jags and Lawerence. (unless the Falcons take him)

Falcons is gonna be a big factor at 4. If they move Julio, I see them going Chase over Pitts.
I think Sewell is the correct pick there, agreed. Which is about 90% of the reason why I didn't go there. :)

And if they do, Chase would be a great fit in ATL. But I'd expect, in order of probability, a trade, then Pitts, then Lance. Regardless of Julios future there. Matty Ice at 35 is likely to be elsewhere before long.

And in that scenario, Chase ends up in Detriot..unfortunately

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sewell is the correct pick there, agreed. Which is about 90% of the reason why I didn't go there. :)

And if they do, Chase would be a great fit in ATL. But I'd expect, in order of probability, a trade, then Pitts, then Lance. Regardless of Julios future there. Matty Ice at 35 is likely to be elsewhere before long.

So, is your Dolphins non pick Sewell?

man, the Dolphins scare me for the next few years. Lots of picks.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, is your Dolphins non pick Sewell?

man, the Dolphins scare me for the next few years. Lots of picks.
Yep, truth be told, Sewell should be the second pick of the draft. Maybe even the first, but I get the QB trumping the Tackle.

It's much more likely Sewell is a Bengal though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, truth be told, Sewell should be the second pick of the draft. Maybe even the first, but I get the QB trumping the Tackle.

It's much more likely Sewell is a Bengal though.

Funny thing is, the Falcons probably need him the most for one last run with Ryan.

My dream scenario is the Bills trading up to get Surtain or Horn...but that ain’t happening. I wish this class had better pass rushers/linebackers, and maybe they’re out there, but I don’t see anyone jumping out at me.

The only pick I have is 1.12 in Old School, so this WR group landing have my eyes wide open.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is, the Falcons probably need him the most for one last run with Ryan.

My dream scenario is the Bills trading up to get Surtain or Horn...but that ain’t happening. I wish this class had better pass rushers/linebackers, and maybe they’re out there, but I don’t see anyone jumping out at me.

The only pick I have is 1.12 in Old School, so this WR group landing have my eyes wide open.
Parsons seems to be a possible game changer at LB..couple others seem promising..but yeah, kinda thin at LB and EDGE. DB's are pretty decent though. My Cowboys had better not screw up getting Surtain if he's there.

As for your 1.12 in Old School, I'm right behind you at 2.1 being my first pick (for now), I'm guessing a QB or an utter shot in the dark on Longshot RB, and just hoping he pulls a Terrel Davis or James Robinson in camp..because if I'm looking at WR's, I'm really having a hard time deciphering between most of them past the 4th or 5th one.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 SF- QB J. Fields. Mac Jones is a smokescreen. They're stuck with JimmyG one more year, might as well take the dude who might need a year to learn
Couple thoughts on this. Fans consider Fields as a better option and I do also, but the 49ers have no need for a smoke screen as far as I can figure. So I'm going to agree with the mock drafts that have Mac Jones going to the 49ers. As for Jimmy G. the 49ers aren't stuck with him as they would have a additional 23 million in cap space even if they cut him. I do think they hope to trade him and if not they can afford to keep him as insurance if they like, because they got plenty of cap space as is.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
So you skipped the Bears at 20. Do you feel they draft an OL here? They also let Kyle Fuller go at corner.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like this a lot better then your first draft. I see the Lions taking either a WR or the LB from Penn St at 7. Passing on the QB for a year or two of Goff while the new regime figures out what they want to do.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TREFF
So you skipped the Bears at 20. Do you feel they draft an OL here? They also let Kyle Fuller go at corner.
Yeah, I don't see them trading up, or reaching for a QB or WR here. I think they go OL, or go fishing for a DB

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this a lot better then your first draft. I see the Lions taking either a WR or the LB from Penn St at 7. Passing on the QB for a year or two of Goff while the new regime figures out what they want to do.
I'm just throwing random stuff out there to have a conversation...there's no real rhyme or reason :)

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Bengals have anyone else on their mind with the #5 pick except Ja'Marr Chase, and if the Falcons foul that up (see what I did there? haha), they will probably go Pitts, maybe Sewell, and find their filler in the 2nd and 3rd round. A true tackle is going to sit at least a year in Cincinnati with Jonah Williams at LT and Riley Reiff now being given the RT position, already stated by Taylor. Or they are going to have to learn a brand new position if they were not a utility man in college. So where that leaves improvement is guard and a temporary center. The Bengals center, Hopkins, will be back maybe by beginning of season, may miss a few weeks until ready to come back. Guard is the spot of immediate improvement. Su'a-Filo got healthy last year and started really balling the second half the year from LG. That leaves RG where the Bengals brought back Quinton Spain to battle for the job with a couple guys. That means I think the Bengals look at OL in rounds 2 and 3 and take the elite WR to replace Green and give them one of the best WR groups in football (Chase, Boyd, Higgins) and Burrow throwing to them.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you really wanted a "It won't happen" pick at #5 - it would be a trade down to gather more picks. The Bengals have more needs than just OL - and with the depth at OL in rounds 2 and 3, plus still being able to drop down and land Slater or Darrisaw - plus add additional picks - it would be the prudent thing to do.

That's why they won't do it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple thoughts on this. Fans consider Fields as a better option and I do also, but the 49ers have no need for a smoke screen as far as I can figure. So I'm going to agree with the mock drafts that have Mac Jones going to the 49ers. As for Jimmy G. the 49ers aren't stuck with him as they would have a additional 23 million in cap space even if they cut him. I do think they hope to trade him and if not they can afford to keep him as insurance if they like, because they got plenty of cap space as is.

I still think he heads to NE. Maybe right after the Pats select their non-QB first rounder.

But I won’t dismiss the chance the Pats get a rookie chucker...but if “their guy” is gone?
I just can’t get the image out of my head of BB running up to Jimmy G like a little boy after their game. He never breaks character, always the Hoodie, except when Jimmy is the subject.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this is the "it'll never happen" version of the draft.... i envision the Bears trading down out of the 20th spot for more picks. They draft Trask, they draft a WR and they bolster the O-line with 3 picks in the first 2 rounds.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Mac Jones is a smoke screen what so ever... Mac jones #3 to 49ers.. book it

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ change my mind.. rumor and vegas odds saying Lance going 3..

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ change my mind.. rumor and vegas odds saying Lance going 3..
Well I have no idea WHY there was so much Mac Jones in SF hype (smokescreen), but just doesn't make sense for Shanny and Lynch to bypass the hybrids with the high ceilings, for the standard run of the mill pocket guy who is supposedly ready now, when that's basically what they've got under contract right now. Maybe it was a solid from Shanny to someone he's still connected to in ATL, as in..."yeah, come pay a king's ransom for #4, don't worry, Fields and Lance will be still be there, Shanny is taking Jones"??? Best I can come up with.

Take the potential, the dual threat, keep the offense in line with the modern game, and let it ripen and learn while the boring guy plays this year.

But just wait..Jones goes #3, just because I said he wouldnt