• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Traveling to Kauffman Stadium to play the Royals

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we ever had a pitcher start his career off like this? And I don't want to put the cart-in-front-of-the-horse.
But this kid looks/acts like, "whomever wants to send me back to the minors, is messing up."

He very much has that Perez attitude.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have we ever had a pitcher start his career off like this? And I don't want to put the cart-in-front-of-the-horse.
But this kid looks/acts like, "whomever wants to send me back to the minors, is messing up."

Do not know the answer to that but he was really dealing tonight. His control was great and threw all of his pitches for strikes when needed. Really impressive.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit lost again. Soria blew a save then they lost in extras.

Personally....I always really like Soria, and I'm sorry it didn't work out for him/us in Arlington.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse either but his presence and demeanor on the mound is well beyond his years. I know that's been the report on him, but it's nice to see in person.

He seems like the type of pitcher that could have some success in the playoffs whenever we get there next. He's very calm and never gets to high or too low.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do not know the answer to that but he was really dealing tonight. His control was great and threw all of his pitches for strikes when needed. Really impressive.

This kid looks like Greg Madduz out there. "Just missing bats is what I do folks."

His body language, attitude, pitch location....plus skills....may be something special for us.

Posters like Justin, who really watch and follow our system, can fill us in on this.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to put the cart in front of the horse either but his presence and demeanor on the mound is well beyond his years. I know that's been the report on him, but it's nice to see in person.

He seems like the type of pitcher that could have some success in the playoffs whenever we get there next. He's very calm and never gets to high or too low.

Bout sums it up sir. :clap:

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK gentlemen.....I'm outta here.

And for whatever it's worth......since Darryl started doing the threads.....we've been dy-no-mite! He's the Rangers MVP, even if they don't know it.

See ya tomorrow guys.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't win games in June, the games in Sept will have no meaning.
Also makes the difference if we are buyers or sellers by trading deadline. Or just stand pat, which I think we do.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Tonight: Speculating on Hamels to BOS or STL ... or LAD. No mention of TEX. I'm cool.

I am good either way. If STL gets him they will be tough because their pitching is already ridiculous.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MLB Tonight: Speculating on Hamels to BOS or STL ... or LAD. No mention of TEX. I'm cool.
Not St. Louis. They are already running away in their division anyway. Gotta be WS favorites already.

Justinkm83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Telis is 3-3 tonight (.339 BA)
Odor is 2-3 (.358 BA)

Profar hit a HR for the HD Mavericks......Juremi

Last edited:

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man... if and when all these youngsters start clicking... Rangers are going to be fun to watch.

Not to mention ... what does TEX do when Matt Harrison is ready to return? Let alone Holland and Perez?

Does TEX go to a six-man rotation to make room for Matt? I don't see him bumping Nick Martinez given that Matt really hasn't pitched since 2012. They got to put him in against ML bats. Not sure they can keep him at AAA without exposing him to waivers.

Assumption is that Holland and Perez will be slotted to return when TEX may trade Gallardo and Rodriguez for prospects ... but again if TEX is charging and in the hunt for a WC or even ALW lead ... how do you trade the guys who got you there and hope that Holland and Perez who are cold can keep it going?

Not even mentioning the position players ... Rua, Blanks, Beltre, Hamilton. Figure Odor will stay at AAA working on his defense so Alberto can keep the pressure on Elvis.

Somebody is going to figure it all out ... but it's going to be a very interesting summer.

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is Hamels different from YU?

you keep going back to the money thing. how do we know how high they would take the payroll for quality?
Of the two I would rather have Yu.

I know by experience is all I can tell you.