• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Traded Deadline

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the deadline coming up on Monday, I just wanted to see what some opinions are regarding the Kings. I think we can all safely assume that they wont make the playoffs. I have heard rumors of Quick being moved but dont think its very likely. Also, heard Iafallo as well as Kempe.

Do you think the Kings will do anything of substance? Stand put? Some smaller moves?

Just curious since the board seems a bit slow lately.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will do nothing ( or close to it)
They are looking to be in the black hole of black holes: a chance at the playoffs but never quite getting there. They don’t have a lot to offer a playoff team. Iafallo isn’t going to push a team into a cup contender. Carter is almost worthless in a trade. After the season maybe they can find a deal, with a team looking to get something for a player they can’t protect in the expansion draft. Or maybe a trade using draft picks plus prospects. Kings are a team full of potential players and a few guys how have been there. They have cap space, while many teams don’t so maybe a UFA will be available.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor tonight is Jeff Carter is a Penguin
Kings retaining salary and getting two conditional picks 3/4 range

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor tonight is Jeff Carter is a Penguin
Kings retaining salary and getting two conditional picks 3/4 range

Yup, Carter to Pittsburgh for a conditional 3rd in 2022 and conditional 4th in 2023.

Conditions for both are he has to play in 50% of the games, for the 2022 pick the Penguins also have to make the SCF. No other condition on the 2023 pick. If these happen thw picks become a 2nd ans a 3rd respectively in those years.

He had quite the run here for some time but after that tendon injury he was never the same. Great pro though and a huge part of both Cups and LA legend.

LAKINGSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, Carter to Pittsburgh for a conditional 3rd in 2022 and conditional 4th in 2023.

Conditions for both are he has to play in 50% of the games, for the 2022 pick the Penguins also have to make the SCF. No other condition on the 2023 pick. If these happen thw picks become a 2nd ans a 3rd respectively in those years.

He had quite the run here for some time but after that tendon injury he was never the same. Great pro though and a huge part of both Cups and LA legend.
I am still deciding on whether I am surprised by this or not. He did say that he did not want to be traded and if he was, he would retire. Maybe there is something to play with Sid, Malkin.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still deciding on whether I am surprised by this or not. He did say that he did not want to be traded and if he was, he would retire. Maybe there is something to play with Sid, Malkin.

Carter never said that, it was Bob McKenzie who stated that was a possibility if he was traded and chose to retire, referring to the cap recapture penalties the Kings would face (along with the BJs) depending on how much term was left on that 11 year contract at the time of retirement. There is one year left on that deal after 2020-21, ans even if he does, the cap recapture penalty for LA is roughly $3.4 million if he did it agter this season- cheaper than his cap hit or a buyout.

I think playing with that group of Crosby, Malkin et al and a chance at a third Cup is what drove him to agree. There is also familiarity there, Carter and Crosby have played for Team Canada together before and both were part of the 2010 (?) gold winning team.

Bowlby and McClellan have both been public stating if a veteran was traded it would be only after a conversation happened because they've earned that right (I agree). Obviously Carter was OK with this trade under those conditions.

The sad part? Bowlby somehow got more for Carter than Hall got for Buffalo (traded to Boston last night). Yikes.

And Wagner and Luff are still here. Double yikes.