• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Value Brian Robinson

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there he is just sitting on my bench in one league and on IR on the other. If you were selling, what would you be asking fer and if you were buying what would you be willing to give up. I ask this cuz in my ultimate wisdom I have loaded up on RB and find myself well, fucked at WR.................I have decent WR, just not many. 4 in one league and 3 in another. Add the Dak situation and yeah, definitely looking to move him fer the right price, whatever that may be.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm redraft I don't think you'll be able to get a whole lot for him until he actually comes back. I have him on IR in one and might just have to cut him when he's activated as roster sits now

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 leagues I have him in are keepers....should have said that from the beginning. One of the leagues I could keep him in the 18th if he pans out. Has to be some value there right?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 leagues I have him in are keepers....should have said that from the beginning. One of the leagues I could keep him in the 18th if he pans out. Has to be some value there right?
Depends on if you have a guy like me in your league, or if you are the guy like me.

Best case he's the Commanders lead RB ROS, and maybe gets 850 and 5 (70 yards a game..I'd say even for me, that's optimistic)

Outside of someone really looking for a cheap keeper and likely out of the running for this year, I can't imagine anyone giving up too much for him.

Dynasty, different story

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely has value in keeper league - - especially as an 18th rd'er. If weakness at WR is what you are trying to improve upon, I'm thinking at least a nice high-end WR2 type guy. Is the league ppr ?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if you have a guy like me in your league, or if you are the guy like me.

Best case he's the Commanders lead RB ROS, and maybe gets 850 and 5 (70 yards a game..I'd say even for me, that's optimistic)

Outside of someone really looking for a cheap keeper and likely out of the running for this year, I can't imagine anyone giving up too much for him.

Dynasty, different story
Forgot to add-
And similar to what lefty said..I can't imagine much more than a run of the mill WR2 in return, and I don't think it's worth dealing the potential of a RB2 for 12 weeks for a random WR2

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't get more then 2-3 keepers, is Brian Robinson even on your radar, even at a end of draft value?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to answer. He has so much upside that is not really based on facts. The story + the expectation that he takes over the #1 rb job in Washington gives him the weirdest upside possible.

And we are talking about before he ever touched a ball. So the unknown as always is tempting.

I don’t think this is the week to trade him though. As he is not playing this week either. I’d wait until the news says he is going to suit up and play.

Once that happens I do think you can at least get a damean Pearce. At the least. But what I would really do is throw in one of your WRs and try to get a Pittman type- a top end Wr who is on a bad passing team. I think that should be your real target.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all in leagues and wonder how the hell did that owner do that trade. It was so bad. Robinson is the exact type of player that is in those trades. I expect there will be crazy one sided trades around all fantasy leagues that deal with this kid.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Maybe I should just hold. BTW, I already own Pierce in both of those leagues...lol.I asked the question because I almost traded him fer TayTay....I'm rolling Higbee out there and since it's pretty much standard he's been just OK.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't get more then 2-3 keepers, is Brian Robinson even on your radar, even at a end of draft value?
Not unless my roster is pretty rough.

There would need to be somewhat of a void of other viable options.

Unless draft position/keeper price was a huge issue, I'm sure I could find 1 RB, 1 WR, and 1 TE/QB on the team I'd probably keep over him.

Without having seen him in real game action, you're truly only banking on potential, and as much as I like the kid, pretty much every team in the league passed on him at least 2-3 times, so it's not like he's a slam dunk just waiting to get healthy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem with Robinson this year might be that if the Redskins are behind JD McKissic is the one that is going to be on the field and it won't be Gibson or Robinson, so I think that limits his value even more until one of those guys is gone. In dynasty I think he's a must keep, but redraft I just don't see him having much value this year. They went from 28 total carries in week 1 (a win) to 21 in week 2 and 22 in week 3 both losses. Gibson only has 40 of those rushes with McKissic getting 9 and Curtis Samuel having 8. I just don't think there's going to be enough volume any time soon unless either McKissic or Gibson gets hurt.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think there's going to be enough volume any time soon unless either McKissic or Gibson gets hurt.
Well I can easily see him leading either of them in touches, but I still don't imagine it's gonna be all that super productive

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he turns out to be the "Stud" a lot of these FF peeps are saying then yeah, at least in this league. We keep 1 but it would be in the round you drafted that person in and you can't keep yer 1st rounder or yer keeper from the previous year. Plus, this is the team I drafted while drunk off my ass. Will never do that again..................lol.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Commanders are expected to activate RB Brian Robinson (leg) after Week 4.​

Robinson is currently on the reserve/NFI list. He was shot multiple times in an attempted robbery that occurred near the end of training camp. Miraculously, Robinson did not suffer any long-term injuries and could be back for Week 5. He would likely be part of a backfield-by-committee in his debut versus the Titans. His return would knock Antonio Gibson out of the RB2 range.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear people talking about Robinson’s dynasty value.

It is totally theoretical though.

And IMO, Robinson’s taking of the lead duties in Washington says more about Gibson than it says about Robinson.

He could end up being a good dynasty player for a few years, but just as likely (if not more so) that he is completely irrelevant 2 years from now.

So if you have someone in your league who believes the Robinson hype and will trade you a good player or a 1st round pick in return?

I would take it and not think twice.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And IMO, Robinson’s taking of the lead duties in Washington says more about Gibson than it says about Robinson.

He could end up being a good dynasty player for a few years, but just as likely (if not more so) that he is completely irrelevant 2 years from now.

So if you have someone in your league who believes the Robinson hype and will trade you a good player or a 1st round pick in return?

isn't everything theoretical when we talk about a players value?? sure veterans values are always easier to quantify...

Point is, that with his story, with the hype that he will take over RB 1 duty, and being a total unknown(typical off season rookie syndrome for owners)... His VALUE right now is probably the highest it will ever be...

Remember that value is what others are willing to pay for him around your leagues... What he ends up doing is irrelevant...

like I said in an earlier post, Robinson is the exact type of player that we constantly see in the most lopsided deals... and he will be in many lopsided deals this week... Just wait...

I can guarantee you that he is going to be a media darling this week!!!! if you own him, this week is when to get rid of him!!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe to the javonte owner

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get Gibson isn’t Barry Sanders, but man, I don’t get how he’s been delegated to a side of fries.

1300 yards, 40 catches and 10 TD last year (half on a broken leg) seems like a pretty good back to me.

:noidea: