• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Utley now

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he can go into a slump or his knees crumble. Pederson is hitting .319/.434/.570 with 19 SB in 72 games at AAA. In other words, he's fucking raking, and the desperate Dodgers might be willing to part with him if we ate some of Utley's contract. With how much Perkins has blowed ass in AAA, Pederson could play RF when we trade Byrd, with C. Hernandez playing second base.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before he can go into a slump or his knees crumble. Pederson is hitting .319/.434/.570 with 19 SB in 72 games at AAA. In other words, he's fucking raking, and the desperate Dodgers might be willing to part with him if we ate some of Utley's contract. With how much Perkins has blowed ass in AAA, Pederson could play RF when we trade Byrd, with C. Hernandez playing second base.

I'd love it! and yeah, perkins and franco almost always going 0fer something. It does make me wonder about AAA vs AA pitching. Both these guys tore it up at Reading and now they are completely void of any offense!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love it! and yeah, perkins and franco almost always going 0fer something. It does make me wonder about AAA vs AA pitching. Both these guys tore it up at Reading and now they are completely void of any offense!

It really does. Crawford just got promoted, and while it's only been a few games, he's completely cooled off too.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if we have to eat Utley's contract or if it would make sense. He has all those one year vesting options so it seems like if they traded him they would be hoping he got injured so they wouldn't vest.

By the way, speaking of Pederson, check out this nutjob saying they should trade their closer for Pederson AND Van Slyke. I mean, the guy is good but he is a free agent after this year.

Boston Red Sox trade target: Joc Pederson - BoSox Injection - A Boston Red Sox Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if we have to eat Utley's contract or if it would make sense. He has all those one year vesting options so it seems like if they traded him they would be hoping he got injured so they wouldn't vest.

By the way, speaking of Pederson, check out this nutjob saying they should trade their closer for Pederson AND Van Slyke. I mean, the guy is good but he is a free agent after this year.

Boston Red Sox trade target: Joc Pederson - BoSox Injection - A Boston Red Sox Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More

I'm just saying, if we ate the 15 million we owe him this year, and work out a deal that says we either pay the 10 or 15 mil next year, they might be willing to give up Pederson. I know prospects are just prospects, but damn, Joc P. looks like a good young player. His achilles heel has always been LHP pitching, and this year he even has a .939 OPS against them. I would be ecstatic if a deal like this were to happen.

Apparently New York is being mentioned as a suitor for Utley as well. Chase Utley: New York Yankees Should Look Into Trading For Veteran 2B

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I agree he looks like a great prospect. I will say that you have to consider that he is racking up those numbers in the Pacific Coast League which is known for being a hitters league. There are 4 teams out there with an OPS over .800.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our best trade chip is Hamels. We could get a bunch for him. Phillies are not trading Vets unless they can cut payroll so eating Utleys salary will not happen. However trading Howard and eating half his salary makes sense. We would have Ruf and Maybery available to play 1st base. But I think we will have to watch Nolas progress because if he does well that would give us Lee,Hamels and Nola as the top three starters next season. That could be a good thing!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our best trade chip is Hamels. We could get a bunch for him. Phillies are not trading Vets unless they can cut payroll so eating Utleys salary will not happen. However trading Howard and eating half his salary makes sense. We would have Ruf and Maybery available to play 1st base. But I think we will have to watch Nolas progress because if he does well that would give us Lee,Hamels and Nola as the top three starters next season. That could be a good thing!

What? How does this "sentence" make any sense at all???

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Highly unlikely.

WestCoastPhan

Northern California formerly from Bucks County
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nola's debut in the minors is tonite. c'mon he's not going to be the phillies #3 next year.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m still waiting for this year's number 3 to play in his first game. What was his name, Miguel Gonzalez or something?

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m still waiting for this year's number 3 to play in his first game. What was his name, Miguel Gonzalez or something?

10.1 IP in high A ball. 6.10 ERA

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw, he could pitch a no hitter tonite and he still won't be the phillies #3 next year!

I still can't wrap my head around "Phillies are not trading Vets unless they can cut payroll so eating Utleys salary will not happen. However trading Howard and eating half his salary makes sense."

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still can't wrap my head around "Phillies are not trading Vets unless they can cut payroll so eating Utleys salary will not happen. However trading Howard and eating half his salary makes sense."

Because you suggested that they eat all of utleys salary. That is not cutting payroll. :doh:

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're assuming if he trades Utley Hernandez will be the new second basemen. Obviously if Reuben trades a franchise guy like Chase, it means he's going after Cano, which will raise payroll.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you suggested that they eat all of utleys salary. That is not cutting payroll. :doh:

Depending on the terms, we may only have to eat the rest of this year, so we would be cutting payroll in the upcoming years :doh:

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he a bit hobbled these day? The A's need an upgrade at 2nd, but I don't want a broken down, aging, expensive vet. That's more the Yanks or Sox style. :lol: