• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dodgers/Reds/WhiteSox Trade (December 2015)

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did a search and didn't see a thread for this trade from last winter. I just wanted to check in on it to see how things are going.

A reminder...

To Dodgers, from White Sox
Frankie Montas, P
Trayce Thompson, OF
Micah Johnson, 2B

To Reds, from Dodgers
Jose Peraza, 2B/SS
Scott Schebler, OF
Brandon Dixon, 2B

To White Sox, from Reds

Todd Frazier, 3B

The Dodgers had a choice of prospects or Frazier, and they chose the prospects. Obviously, Frazier is the best player in the trade, but his value is hampered by 2016 being a walk year and the fact that an argument can be made that over the last few seasons, Turner has been a superior 3B. Frazier has seen way more time on the field, but over the 2013, '14, and '15 seasons Turner has Frazier beat in almost every statistical category besides home runs and defense (see for yourself).

We're just past a quarter of the season. So, how's it going so far?

In order of perceived value at the time of the trade:

Frazier (White Sox) - slow start to the season, but he's picked it up. 13 HR, .348 wOBA, 121 wRC+ in 185 PA.

Peraza (Reds) - He's been in AAA most of the season but had a call-up last week. 3 singles in 12 ABs.

Montas (Dodgers)

Thompson (Dodgers) - Has been tearing it up for the Dodgers. 7 HR, .385 wOBA, 145 wRC+ in 102 PA. He won't stay ahead of Frazier for long in the rate stats, but it's fun to see him have a hot start.

Schebler (Reds) - He was part of a platoon to start the season, then made into a bench piece, then sent to the minors for "regular playing time." 1 HR, .252 wOBA, 50 wRC+ over 69 PA in the bigs. Only one HR in AAA to go with the one he hit in the bigs.

Johnson (Dodgers) - Temporarily on the MLB roster in April due to injuries, he had 3 PAs and didn't make it to first base. 2 HR, 9 SB, 31 strikeouts, and 8 walks in AAA. For a guy with his speed, his on-base skills will need vast improvement over what he's done for OKC so far.

Dixon (Reds) - He's in AA and he's started games at 2B, 1B, RF, and 3B. Mostly 2B but 6 starts apiece at first and third. 3 HR, 4 SB, .710 OPS. Fairy lukewarm to start the year.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think the Reds are dumb as hell

I'm not complaining though! 3, what should be useful players for our roster basically for free.