• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Suggestions Thread

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key is, the Flyers need to have a plan and know that if they're trading Scott Laughton, that whatever they already have at center, will be there in the future

It'll be interesting to see what happens - it also has partly to do with the defensemen in the system - they don't really know if those guys will turn out to be good so maybe it speeds up the decision to make a move

And that, my friends, is exactly what we HAVEN'T had.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that, my friends, is exactly what we HAVEN'T had.

There's nothing wrong with moving Scott Laughton if they can get the right guy, but they have to have a plan in the process

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing wrong with moving Scott Laughton if they can get the right guy, but they have to have a plan in the process

What if Scott Laughton is the next Mike Richards, minus the partying?

Also, Scotty Hartnell is that 30+ goal sniper with a laser of a shot from the circles, he just hasn't had it for the most part this season. There's a half decent chance that he at some point gets back on the top line and finds his scoring touch again this season.

Last edited by a moderator:

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I was agreeing with you. Sorry if that wasn't clear!!

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if Scott Laughton is the next Mike Richards, minus the partying?

Also, Scotty Hartnell is that 30+ goal sniper with a laser of a shot from the circles, he just hasn't had it for the most part this season. There's a half decent chance that he at some point gets back on the top line and finds his scoring touch again this season.

And what if he's a bust, and his trade value right now is as high as it will ever be? That's where your talent evaluators come into play. If they're good, the Flyers make the right decision. If they're bad, well...

I think you're overrating Hartnell's shot. It's hard, but he's never been particularly great at using it. It's nowhere near the class of Carter's or Sharp's, both true snipers. Most of Hartnell's goals have always been the garbage kind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what if he's a bust, and his trade value right now is as high as it will ever be? That's where your talent evaluators come into play. If they're good, the Flyers make the right decision. If they're bad, well...

I think you're overrating Hartnell's shot. It's hard, but he's never been particularly great at using it. It's nowhere near the class of Carter's or Sharp's, both true snipers. Most of Hartnell's goals have always been the garbage kind.

The way Laughton is trending right now, it'd be silly to say he'll be a bust instead of a stud. Team Canada isn't going to choose just any kid as their captain. He clearly exemplifies everything they look for in a leader for their squad and that's good news for us.

Scotty has an absolute laser to the top corner from the slot, we just haven't seen it more than once or twice this season. During his last full season, he had 37 goals, 16 of them on the power play and I bet at least 10-12 of those were the exact shot I'm talking about. He has this in him still.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way Laughton is trending right now, it'd be silly to say he'll be a bust instead of a stud. Team Canada isn't going to choose just any kid as their captain. He clearly exemplifies everything they look for in a leader for their squad and that's good news for us.

Scotty has an absolute laser to the top corner from the slot, we just haven't seen it more than once or twice this season. During his last full season, he had 37 goals, 16 of them on the power play and I bet at least 10-12 of those were the exact shot I'm talking about. He has this in him still.

Right now Laughton is a man playing against boys. I could show you dozens of busts who have had great stats during their last year of Juniors. Most true studs are in the NHL well before their final year of Juniors. Is he likely to be a complete bust? No. Is he likely to be a true stud? No. But, if Holmgren can convince someone else that he's a stud and get a piece or pieces back that this team really needs, you have to consider pulling the trigger. Maybe the right deal isn't out there and this is a non-issue. He sure didn't impress me in camp, though, or in his cup of tea last year. I really do see his ceiling as a 3C, and if you can get a top 4 puck moving d-man or a top 6 sniper for him, you do it.

Let's assume for a minute that you're correct and Hartnell can still be the sniper this team needs. Why aren't we seeing it, and what do you think needs to be done to bring it out again?

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure the right deal isn't out there, yes. Regardless, I think it's time we start letting our own draft picks pan out instead of trading them away only to win Cups with other teams...lol

I'd much rather bet on Hartnell getting back to form than blow up the team to bring in a sniper or potential sniper. Besides, we're playing pretty damn well even without Hartnell going offensively. We've just scored 14 goals against division rivals in just three games. A lack of offense hasn't been the issue for awhile now. We have two lines scoring and upon the return of Lecavalier in as soon as a week, there's a good chance we could inherit a third. That's depth a lot of teams don't have.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time we start letting our own draft picks pan out instead of trading them away only to win Cups with other teams...lol

Well, I certainly hear where you're coming from there....:bawling::lol: