• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade(s)

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many trades do you think Baalke will pull off during the draft? Trading up? Trading down? Both? Trading picks for next season? Trying to get into the mind of GM Trent Baalke, how do you see this draft playing out for trades?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
All of the above lol.

We have 5 picks in the first 3 rounds (6 if I'm not mistaken if we get a 3rd round comp pick) so I definitely see him trying to grab picks for next year's draft.

The biggest part of keeping your window open is drafting so the smartest move use some of those picks to pick up to gain more next season so you can keep a steady stream of cheap young labor.

Trading up all depends on how the draft board falls. I'm sure like any GM if a player he loves slips to within striking distance and he can find a way to move up he'll do it.

When it comes to trading down we always seem to find some GM willing to overpay for our picks so I'm sure he'll find someone willing to give up a quality next year's draft pick for one of our own this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I absolutely love like 6 to 10 prospects who should be available from around picks 40 to 90, so I'm hoping for a trade down (unless those players' respective stocks shoot up before draft time).

The 30th pick & a 5th rounder for a later 2nd-round pick & a 1st rounder from 2015. :hope:

JPurthe1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Trade out of the 1st, get a high 2nd and maybe a 1 next year. I would trade down again from that high 2nd and get an extra 3rd and lower 2nd. I really love the lower 2nd through early 4th round potential in this draft.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I personally wouldn't expect Kyle Fuller to be avail at the end of the second round

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on who is available when we pick at 30. If Gilbert is there for some reason then I take him no doubt but if not then ideally we would want to trade down for an early 2nd and 1st next year. I doubt that will happen but that is an ideal situation.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see a trade up to the late teens like last year to grab either Mike Evans or Kelvin Benjamin, then we will stay pat with our 2 seconds and draft BPA, I'm thinking safety and cornerback.

Then I see us trading at least one pick this year for a +1 round better one next year (like a 4th this year for a 2015 3rd rounder).

Maybe a little movement in the 6th and 7th rounds if we really want a sleeper.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we trade up to early 20's, late teens if Dennard falls. I dont see them trading up to get a pick in the top 15. It would cost too much.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all have to remember, even the most stupid GM has thirty guys sitting around him during the draft and at least one will remind him of "values of the picks". Getting a mid 2nd and a first the following year for the 30th pick is a dream. No way a 30th pick is worth that value. Even if a team thought they'd improve 50% and had the 20th pick.. They best you'd get for #30 is a mid 2nd and a 2nd the next year.

In New England, we've been watching Belichick trade first round picks (usually 28-32) for the past 12 years. He rarely has been able to get a 1st round pick the next year and a 2nd rounder. Usually he'll get the first round pick the next year and at best, a third round pick in the present draft. How many of you remember the 1999 draft? The two best quarterbacks were available to the Colts and Polian almost traded the pick to the Redskins. He couldn't decide which QB he wanted.....................
Ryan Leaf or Peyton Manning.................How good would Leaf have been with the Colts? By the time the 30th pick comes around, the talent has pretty much been taken. There are a few really great players who get overlooked and make a GM look like a genius and everyone else looked stupid........like Tom Brady being taken at 199 at the end of the 6th round.

Honestly, don't get your hopes up for a blockbuster................

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Just my take, I think Fuller is the 2nd best corner in this draft behind Gilbert. I hope the Bears grab him in the middle of the 2nd.

by the time the NFL draft rolls around, he will end up easily in the first round consideration and would require in my estimation a trade up from the 30th pick.

Better prospect than Kyle Wilson, Jimmy Smith, Darquezze Dennard imo

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just my take, I think Fuller is the 2nd best corner in this draft behind Gilbert. I hope the Bears grab him in the middle of the 2nd.

No way better then Dennard. Dennard is going to be a beast in the NFL.