• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade idea for Jimmy Butler

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off my initial question would be as to why would the bulls even want to trade jimmy butler? I have not read anywhere that he wants out of Chicago and that he wouldn't sign any extension with the team so why would they trade him? In the NBA you never get good value in return for trading away an All Star unless you are the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Well I think if the 76ers land in the top 10 this year in the draft or even get lucky and land close to the top 5 they should package that pick along with Nerlens Noel to Chicago for Jimmy Butler. What are your thoughts

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off my initial question would be as to why would the bulls even want to trade jimmy butler? I have not read anywhere that he wants out of Chicago and that he wouldn't sign any extension with the team so why would they trade him? In the NBA you never get good value in return for trading away an All Star unless you are the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Well I think if the 76ers land in the top 10 this year in the draft or even get lucky and land close to the top 5 they should package that pick along with Nerlens Noel to Chicago for Jimmy Butler. What are your thoughts

I would prefer to see them trade Okafor than Noel.

I think that would be good for the 6ers, but the Bulls would likely need another asset to pull the trigger in that. My guess is that the Butler price tag would be higher than the 6ers should want to pay.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that would be good for the 6ers, but the Bulls would likely need another asset to pull the trigger in that. My guess is that the Butler price tag would be higher than the 6ers should want to pay.

I would probably even go as far as to trading their 1st round pick the following year to make this trade happen probably put a top 3 protection on it. Either Noel or Okafor would be good in that trade I mean they cant have 3 big men like that on the roster so they would need to look into trading someone down the road anyway.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a packaged deal from ONLY the 76ers for Jimmy Buckets.

Gimme a few young studs no doubt. Let Dwade go play in the sand with Lebron and let's roll.

Other than, I'll keep Jimmy B. He's one of the few SF's that can guard Lebron. Need that for the next 3-4 years if you are going to try to win the East.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they are shopping Okafor now moreso than Noel. The Embiid/Noel pairing has proved fruitful and they want to see where it goes. Okafor basically only plays when Embiid is out, that tells you what they think of him right now. They have no use for him.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are shopping Okafor now moreso than Noel. The Embiid/Noel pairing has proved fruitful and they want to see where it goes. Okafor basically only plays when Embiid is out, that tells you what they think of him right now. They have no use for him.

Or they are trying to showcase Noel right now. As a backup center (with pieces like Simmons & Saric around) -- I'm guessing they'd rather have a more offensive center than a D one.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They flip flop on minutes it seems quiet a bit. Ive seen like 10 Phily games this year (League pass) and you never really know who will play more mins Noel or Okafor. Or even if they will be at PF or C. Both Play well with Embiid except Embiid is like a PG/C. They run the O out of his hands Shaq style.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they are trying to showcase Noel right now. As a backup center (with pieces like Simmons & Saric around) -- I'm guessing they'd rather have a more offensive center than a D one.

Okafor is a terrible defender. With embiid's diverse talents, it makes a lot more sense to pair him with an athletic defender like Noel.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor is a terrible defender. With embiid's diverse talents, it makes a lot more sense to pair him with an athletic defender like Noel.

Yeah, Noel/Embiid's on court numbers as a pair have been pretty good. It's been a couple of weeks since I saw them, but they were like top 10 defense worthy good when they share the floor. And with Embiid being so dynamic both ways, there's no way I'd break them up right now.