• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline - You're the GM

DOD0083

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in the boredom of the next 2 weeks, instead of reading the crap that Eklund, Dancing Boy Barry and whomever else decides to post blogs from their parents basements claiming to have "inside sources", I thought it would be somewhat constructive, ok...a timekiller, to come up with somewhat realistic or through homer glasses (you decide) different trade scenarios to keep th e conversation going.

That said, I LOVE the new Armchair GM function on CapGeek, so here's my ideal trade, probably not realistic, but hey, I like it:

Also in this scenario as me in Dl's role, I have already contract extensions in place to facilitate this trade with these 2 pending UFA's.

We move to the NY Islanders: Clifford, King, Muzzin and and a 3rd round pick in 2015.

We acquire form NYI: Vanek, McDonald.

We lose Mitchell in off-season. Resign Martinez and Greene to short-term cap-friendly 1 or 2 years extensions and have our defense set for next season.

Doughty - Regehr

Voynov - Greene

McDonald - Martinez

Vanek-Kopitar-Carter

Toffoli-Richards-Williams

Brown-Stoll-Frattin

Pearson-Lewis-Nolan

Watching in Pressbox:

Schultz
Vey
Andreoff

Feel free to chime in......

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we dont do anything at the deadline
Anybody available that could make a huge impact will cost too much. We dont have a Voynov in Manchester that can fill a hole created by trading a name away

Fox4Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would take Toffoli to make that deal happen.