• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline - Week 10

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team standard... 2RB/3WR

QB - BREES
RB - BELL
RB -
WR - EVANS
WR - SHEPARD (just traded Stafford for him... yes, all other options thoroughly explored)
WR -
TE -
K - LAMBO
DST - PATS

Perkins
T. Coleman
Harris
Starks
DWill
(Shady, Gilly)

John Brown
Eli Rogers

Gates
Julius

In a league where trading is minimal, options get crunched.

One owner is looking for an RB and has Green, Dez and DT

Offered him Shady and Gilly for Green (and Jennings).
He countered with Dez for Shady
I countered with Perkins for Dez (with a wink)

Should I continue the counters? Coleman? I just can't decide. Am I wrong to decline Dez for Shady... I don't have much depth at RB.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his counters are any indication, he has no serious interest in a "legit" fair offer.

I must admit that Shady and Gilly for Green still seems a little lopsided in his favor since Green is having an outstanding season. It's probably a fair deal to throw in the handcuff, but if I were a Green owner, I'd be hard pressed to part with my best WR.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his counters are any indication, he has no serious interest in a "legit" fair offer.

I must admit that Shady and Gilly for Green still seems a little lopsided in his favor since Green is having an outstanding season. It's probably a fair deal to throw in the handcuff, but if I were a Green owner, I'd be hard pressed to part with my best WR.

True... yet Shady has outscored him.

He is starting Howard and Jennings with Rawls in the bank. (he has Howard and Jennings because I traded them to him long ago for Fuller and Ebron... yeah. Fuller did get me 20 that week, but I've since turfed him.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think he's not interested in a fair offer.
Green is the best WR he's got period.
I don't think he really wants to part with him.

And I don't trust Dez personally. But if you like Dez and that he can have a good second half, he could be worth a shot, but I don't think Shady is fair in exchange for Dez. But that's me.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why I think he's not interested in a fair offer.
Green is the best WR he's got period.
I don't think he really wants to part with him.

And I don't trust Dez personally. But if you like Dez and that he can have a good second half, he could be worth a shot, but I don't think Shady is fair in exchange for Dez. But that's me.

But that's us...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys have been bad vs slot receivers this year. I'm thinking of benching my boy, Smokey. Or do I bench my new guy, "the other" Sterling?

Gates will probably take the TE spot, just hoping he holds up... TE is bare out there and nobody will trade!!

Probably rolling with Perkins, with my eyes closed.

Not sure if it's smart for me to force myself into having to trust Tevin and Perkins, ROS... gonna try and dangle Coleman to the Freeman owner for the gazillionth time. Maybe I'll bend a little.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Giants have this knack for being a second-half team.... maybe that happens again and Perkins shines. Sounds like your league is trade shy.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like the Giants have this knack for being a second-half team.... maybe that happens again and Perkins shines. Sounds like your league is trade shy.

Yeah... going for 20 years, I would say half are originals, but trading is thin and mostly has been... other than a handful of teams every year. Beyond that, it's an 8 man bench, so it's tough finding a match of weakness with others.