• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My team, 2019

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my main money league roster... I usually make a thread during our slow draft, but decided to wait this year. I picked at 6... the 7 slot kept sniping me coming back in the even rounds. I kind of like this team, but am very eerie of my RB.

This year I've been targeting the top 8 WR in the first two rounds, in redrafts. The value at RB in the 3/4 range just makes sense to hit up, if you can grab elites at WR. (of course, this is a personal preference thing, as I'm terrible at pulling the trigger in the mid rounds on WR... seems I'm always looking at six different guys of the same value, but I digress)

Standard, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/T, K, D (basically a 3WR league, although the 12 slot took Hunter Henry and OJ Howard at the 5/6 turn).

1- Hopkins... like I said
2- Evans... Julio right in front of me! Passed on Gurley... mistake?
3- Fournette... over Carson/Freeman/Henry
4- Ingram... Derrick Henry right in front of me! Considered Watson here.
5- Green... over Hilton and the middle TE group
6- Coleman... Mike Williams right in front of me! Passed on Sanders and Lindsay
7- Breida... whew, didn't really want Coleman, but figured this tandem better than PHI, or DEN
8- Watkins... Guise right in front of me... okay, first non snipe. Passed on Darwin "for one more round"
9- Rivers... Darwin went immediately after my Sammy pick. Switched gears. 10th QB off the board
10- McCoy... okay, this is a little late, even as I suspected a trade... he should find a uniform soon
11- Hardman... a WR handcuff? Yup, makes sense to me when that WR is Watkins and that team is KC
12- Bills DST... a few were coming off the board, maybe some bias
13- TreQ Smith... dart throw he buries Ted Ginn and gets 100 targets (freeing up a Green trade?)
14- Dissly... well, you knew this was coming (should have waited one more and grabbed Ravens)
15- Prater... always Prater (Ravens were snagged in between, not missing my boy!)
16- Gesicki... just a "what if" selection. Fitz is known to seek out the best player and force feed him
17- Gus Edwards... felt I don't need a QB2 until week 12 (maybe a spot start in week 8 at CHI)

Rivers
Fournette
Ingram
Hopkins
Evans
Watkins
Dissly
Prater
Bills

Bench---
Coleman
Breida
Shady
Edwards
Green
Smith
Hardman
Gesicki

Hoping Tre'Quan or Watkins are productive enough for me to move Green for whatever will ail me, come October.

so...
crazy? Hopkins over the RB field (top five were Barkley, Kamara, CMac, Zeke, DJ)
stupid? Passing on Gurley for Evans (who is this guy and what has he done with TKO)
"punting" TE for my dart throw sleeper?
wasted pick with Shady?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have passed on Gurley. The difference between him at his best and the difference between the backs you could get in 4th or 5th is a lot wider than Evans and say Robert Woods or Julien Edleman, who are usually available in 4th round.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have passed on Gurley. The difference between him at his best and the difference between the backs you could get in 4th or 5th is a lot wider than Evans and say Robert Woods or Julien Edleman, who are usually available in 4th round.

You may be right. I might have even said that out loud while I clicked on Evans.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my main money league roster... I usually make a thread during our slow draft, but decided to wait this year. I picked at 6... the 7 slot kept sniping me coming back in the even rounds. I kind of like this team, but am very eerie of my RB.

This year I've been targeting the top 8 WR in the first two rounds, in redrafts. The value at RB in the 3/4 range just makes sense to hit up, if you can grab elites at WR. (of course, this is a personal preference thing, as I'm terrible at pulling the trigger in the mid rounds on WR... seems I'm always looking at six different guys of the same value, but I digress)

Standard, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1W/T, K, D (basically a 3WR league, although the 12 slot took Hunter Henry and OJ Howard at the 5/6 turn).

7- Breida... whew, didn't really want Coleman, but figured this tandem better than PHI, or DEN
8- Watkins... Guise right in front of me... okay, first non snipe. Passed on Darwin "for one more round"
9- Rivers... Darwin went immediately after my Sammy pick. Switched gears. 10th QB off the board
10- McCoy... okay, this is a little late, even as I suspected a trade... he should find a uniform soon
11- Hardman... a WR handcuff? Yup, makes sense to me when that WR is Watkins and that team is KC
13- TreQ Smith... dart throw he buries Ted Ginn and gets 100 targets (freeing up a Green trade?)
14- Dissly... well, you knew this was coming (should have waited one more and grabbed Ravens)
15- Prater... always Prater (Ravens were snagged in between, not missing my boy!)
16- Gesicki... just a "what if" selection. Fitz is known to seek out the best player and force feed him
17- Gus Edwards... felt I don't need a QB2 until week 12 (maybe a spot start in week 8 at CHI)

Rivers
Fournette
Ingram
Hopkins
Evans
Watkins
Dissly
Prater
Bills

Bench---
Coleman
Breida
Shady
Edwards
Green
Smith
Hardman
Gesicki

Hoping Tre'Quan or Watkins are productive enough for me to move Green for whatever will ail me, come October.

so...
crazy? Hopkins over the RB field (top five were Barkley, Kamara, CMac, Zeke, DJ)
stupid? Passing on Gurley for Evans (who is this guy and what has he done with TKO)
wasted pick with Shady?

I like your early draft decisions. Taking Evans over Gurley is a fine choice.

Where I believe you erred is with your Watkins/Hardman/Smith picks.

You have a ton invested in WRs as your top 2 selections. Would have rather seen a bit more aggression in going after your TE and QB positions. I know Dissly is your boy, but you are betting a lot on a man with 8 career receptions. Being bottom of the barrel in both QB and TE is going to be difficult to overcome, IMO.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've done Carson or Henry over Fournette, but I like all the rest.

Think you'll be playing musical chairs at TE all year...I don't wholly buy Dissly, Seattle will also be playing musical chairs at TE

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivers
Fournette
Ingram
Hopkins
Evans
Watkins
Dissly
Prater
Bills

Bench---
Coleman
Breida
Shady
Edwards
Green
Smith
Hardman
Gesicki

so...
wasted pick with Shady?
This is brilliant. I'm hoping I can pull off something similar in my biggest league. Well done.

Evans will crush it with Arians.

Fournette is going so low it's incredible. Can I really wait till the 3rd?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall I like it, but I prolly would have taken Gurley (I have a few teams that will live or die by that decision so I see where peeps are hesitating). I, like TREFF am back on the Henry Bandwagon (he's only burnt me twice) so I surely would have taken Henry over Ingram (I do believe Ingram will be the man no doubt, but I just wonder what the other guise will get as far as touches). I think it's a deep team and with most teams like that I can see more that a few WSIS situations all year...................that said, what fun would it be just to plug and play..........

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have a ton invested in WRs as your top 2 selections. Would have rather seen a bit more aggression in going after your TE and QB positions. I know Dissly is your boy, but you are betting a lot on a man with 8 career receptions. Being bottom of the barrel in both QB and TE is going to be difficult to overcome, IMO.

Overall I like it, but I prolly would have taken Gurley (I have a few teams that will live or die by that decision so I see where peeps are hesitating). I, like TREFF am back on the Henry Bandwagon (he's only burnt me twice) so I surely would have taken Henry over Ingram (I do believe Ingram will be the man no doubt, but I just wonder what the other guise will get as far as touches). I think it's a deep team and with most teams like that I can see more that a few WSIS situations all year...................that said, what fun would it be just to plug and play..........

agree with these sentiments. think u lucked out with henry being taken in front of you.

so...
crazy? Hopkins over the RB field (top five were Barkley, Kamara, CMac, Zeke, DJ) not crazy

wasted pick with Shady?

not wasted at all on shady

im not a fan of taking an injured aj green.......that high IMHO..........

but good team, you should be in the hunt,

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TKO..the new WR hoarder. Think he just likes zigging while the masses zag..not a bad plan

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off - i LOVE going elite WR then stock piling RBs later in the draft....but you didn't stock pile RBs later in the draft!

Dissly could have been had at the end of the draft, imo, no need to pull the trigger when you are literally the only person I've talked to that is predicting this breakout. No, I'm not dissing your opinion here at all, just pointing out that it isn't one held by many folks - could be great for you to jump on the train before it leaves the station, so to speak.

Missing out on Darwin, yet nabbing Shady....that's just fucking funny to me. nice work unknowingly landing the guy you were targeting (KC's RB2) when you thought you got sniped on that player earlier.

As with every single redraft team in the history of fantasy, stay active and attentive and you'll patch any holes that arise between now and OCT. AJ Green has been going a lot later in my recent drafts than were you took him here, but the list of active WRs that have the per game stat lines of AJ Green are very few, fingers crossed he takes his time to be fully healthy upon return, and that the bungles are a bottom dweller as I think they'll be, so they'll be passing a ton each week.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once Henry/Howard went at the 5/6 turn, I was out on the blahs.

I feel pretty good about Rivers this year.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would've done Carson or Henry over Fournette, but I like all the rest.

Think you'll be playing musical chairs at TE all year...I don't wholly buy Dissly, Seattle will also be playing musical chairs at TE

Yeah... LF vs DH was a pendulum for me.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I took Fournette over Henry. Henry went right in front of my Ingy pick.

We are moving to FAAB this year too. So needed a little extra WR depth than I normally give myself... even if one is a cuff and the other a prayer.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with these sentiments. think u lucked out with henry being taken in front of you.

so...
crazy? Hopkins over the RB field (top five were Barkley, Kamara, CMac, Zeke, DJ) not crazy

wasted pick with Shady?

not wasted at all on shady

im not a fan of taking an injured aj green.......that high IMHO..........

but good team, you should be in the hunt,

Hindsight, I should have taken "the other" Big Mike in R5.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first off - i LOVE going elite WR then stock piling RBs later in the draft....but you didn't stock pile RBs later in the draft!

Dissly could have been had at the end of the draft, imo, no need to pull the trigger when you are literally the only person I've talked to that is predicting this breakout. No, I'm not dissing your opinion here at all, just pointing out that it isn't one held by many folks - could be great for you to jump on the train before it leaves the station, so to speak.

Missing out on Darwin, yet nabbing Shady....that's just fucking funny to me. nice work unknowingly landing the guy you were targeting (KC's RB2) when you thought you got sniped on that player earlier.

As with every single redraft team in the history of fantasy, stay active and attentive and you'll patch any holes that arise between now and OCT. AJ Green has been going a lot later in my recent drafts than were you took him here, but the list of active WRs that have the per game stat lines of AJ Green are very few, fingers crossed he takes his time to be fully healthy upon return, and that the bungles are a bottom dweller as I think they'll be, so they'll be passing a ton each week.

Yup... RB darts weren't as abundant as I expected.

Green will be the key. Could have had Ekeler or Duke. Maybe a healthy Green + Ingram gets me an RB1 come October... or maybe my Chiefs experiment (Shady now included) will fail while Green saves me.

Like I said. New FAAB is gonna be different. I expect to keep coming back to this thread...

So you guys stay attentive too! :)

Last edited:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rivers
Fournette
Ingram
Hopkins
Evans
Watkins
Dissly
Prater
Bills

Bench---
Coleman
Breida
Shady
Edwards
Green
Smith
Hardman
Gesicki

so...
wasted pick with Shady?

I just drafted and have that Hopkins-Evans combo with Fournette...that being said. I would have drafted Gurley and wouldnt have thought twice.

I’m guessing this is a deep league, 14 or 16 teams? Bc I dont mind your depth just seems a bit thin.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damien Williams owner has nobody but Bell and Woods that interest me. Maybe Woods is an upgrade on Sammy I guess. Not sure I'm willing to do Shady plus anything more than TreQ.

Bell will be too expensive.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just drafted and have that Hopkins-Evans combo with Fournette...that being said. I would have drafted Gurley and wouldnt have thought twice.

I’m guessing this is a deep league, 14 or 16 teams? Bc I dont mind your depth just seems a bit thin.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I took TreQ, Justice Hill was available. That may have been more appropriate.

What I told myself was if Evans or Hopkins were suddenly hurt going into week one, I didn't want to start Hardman. (We have no transactions post draft, until post week one waivers).

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Fournette over Henry. Henry went right in front of my Ingy pick.

We are moving to FAAB this year too. So needed a little extra WR depth than I normally give myself... even if one is a cuff and the other a prayer.
You've done Blind Bidding before though in other leagues right? It's way better................until you run out of money.........lol.