• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline/Playoff push

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so because of value of pitcher vs salary dump. Detroit pitcher is 27 and I probably at best a #3 SP so he won't cost half as much as Happ who is their #1 and most teams #2 SP. The Detroit pitcher has good stuff, but if you look at his stats he walks a ton of guys...but Still like him.

I just guess I don't feel like any team linked to Happ is going to use him as anything more than a number 2/3 so can't see Toronto expecting the moon as opposed to Detroit can use Boyd's age as leverage. Detroit doesn't need to get rid of Boyd unlike Toronto who has had a colossal failure of a season and would try to trade salary for a bag of balls.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just guess I don't feel like any team linked to Happ is going to use him as anything more than a number 2/3 so can't see Toronto expecting the moon as opposed to Detroit can use Boyd's age as leverage. Detroit doesn't need to get rid of Boyd unlike Toronto who has had a colossal failure of a season and would try to trade salary for a bag of balls.

Toronto owners are cable/satellite billionaires so not sure there is great need to dump salary especially with guys already coming off the books next year. Happ makes $13M which means they would save about $6.5M minus any contracts they take back. Not a lot in baseball terms.

I am more amazed that Russell Martin gets $20M this year and next.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto owners are cable/satellite billionaires so not sure there is great need to dump salary especially with guys already coming off the books next year. Happ makes $13M which means they would save about $6.5M minus any contracts they take back. Not a lot in baseball terms.

Well all ownership groups are billionaires but almost always "salary dump" to try and get any type of prospect back without giving away 6 plus million for no reason. I'm not saying for sure Happ would require more but given age I would think Boyd would net more than Happ...but with the Yankees involved it might drive the price up where it is impossible for a team that has zero prospects worth a nickel compared to what other teams can deal.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Boyd struggled over three innings in a loss to the Indians on Sunday, allowing six runs on eight hits.

It’s back-to-back rough starts for Boyd, who has seen his ERA rise from 3.00 at the end of May to the 4.15 he offers now. He allowed eight hits in the loss, and he walked two and struck out five. The 27-year-old southpaw has done a decent job of missing bats -- 69 strikeouts in just-over 82 innings -- but his command leaves a lot to be desired, and he doesn’t get deep into games. Boyd is back on the mound on Saturday for a contest with the Blue Jays in Toronto.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Cruz was signed I remembered hearing Jack Z was really targeting Martin hard. Although it may have done wonders for Zuninos growth definitely thankful
they ended up with Cruz over Martin

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before Cruz was signed I remembered hearing Jack Z was really targeting Martin hard. Although it may have done wonders for Zuninos growth definitely thankful
they ended up with Cruz over Martin

Now that you mention it, I remember that as well. They thought they had him if I remember right but he went back to his homeland...thank goodness.

ehwq

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him in a second, but with little to offer we have no chance.
What do you think it'd cost the M's in terms of prospects? Lewis+a couple mid level guys?

Snell is still only 25 too...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it'd cost the M's in terms of prospects? Lewis+?

I think the problem will be other teams' offers. Dude has been really good all year.

Hopefully a guy like Snell gets too much attention and we're able to snag another guy during the bidding war.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think it'd cost the M's in terms of prospects? Lewis+a couple mid level guys?

Snell is still only 25 too...

Honestly, I don't think they would take an offer of Lewis, Evan White, and our best pitching prospect for him. He is cheap, under control, and like you said 25 with the ceiling of Chris Sale in my opinion. I love your thought on it, but just can't believe we have enough to get him. And I would give up Lewis, White, and our to pithing prospect (whoever that is) for him.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Snell is the LHP Seattle-area native we want.

Controllable contact and JP likes dealing with TB.

got that right...but tampa is not about to offer him either...we will have to get him in free agency if at all
and they aint desperodos.....from there point of view
they have an up and coming young team

this is how they like it
archer
snell
faria
yarbough
brent honeywell

they are turning and turning the bull pen till they get there guys
the first base prob with tampa has been solved

1B bauers and cron are who they want
2b wendle is..just ok
ss willy adames has been there SS of the future forever../he will be there next year when they start to turn on the gas
matt duffy is hitting .317..he aint going anywhere

there Of is finaly shaping up with
LF/cf malex smith L/L ..who they like
Cf..Kiermier...L/R..who they like

Rf..carlos gomez........i dont think they are all that sold on carlos..cuz he is 32..they really want....... a hanniger

johnny field is ready to be there 4th of guy..and he can hit HR,s

so there up and coming weak spots are 2b and ..RF..they may trade for

for there pitching has had nagging injurys all season

just cant win in MLB these days like that
as we saw last year

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tampa is a small market team
they want young controlable guys ..to be able to keep costs down ..and still win for a few years..of time..

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only trades that make sense is to
rent a player charlie blackman..Cf..L/L..without trading span..dont worrie they hae two excelent CF guys at there AAA
just waiting for him to depart

trade cano who can not go to the playoffs anyway..that is the only reason...but it is enough
the only team...that has a player the mariners want/need that i can find.....is toranto and solarte==utility

trading span or ,falia,..i just dont want to do at this point they both fit in to well...to the program

i will go with 5 OF guys no prob..if i have solarte as well
thing is mariners need HR's

charlie hits better Hrs away from coors field
salarte is 252..with 15 HR's
charlie is 282 with 15 Hr.s

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will get to the highest bidder at trade time..charlie blackman..rent a player..he is from texas so you dont want them getting him

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is mariners need HR's

charlie hits better Hrs away from coors field
salarte is 252..with 15 HR's
charlie is 282 with 15 Hr.s

We have 4 starters on pace for 30+ HRs. We need pitching.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately our best trade chip there is filex... really the only one we would want to with an era of 5.10
but who wants him with the contract he has
ramirez ..ramirez where art thou ramirez...the mariners could really use him right now

in the playoffs you can bring a guy up..is ok but send him down ..bomb he is done

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately our best trade chip there is filex... really the only one we would want to with an era of 5.10
but who wants him with the contract he has
ramirez ..ramirez where art thou ramirez...the mariners could really use him right now

attachment.php

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
having him back would send la blanc to the pen..for starter relief or long relief when things dont go well
then
at tacoma
bergman
miranda
then elies
and whalen last

you bet...... ramirez is the ticket...and the best they can come up with..without wrecking the organization...............prob

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah here is the thing as well...detroit wants to trade boyd..but he does not take on the other teams aces felix does
boyds 4.15 would be higher
it is not really a fix for either team
na..we are stuck with who we have

but the thing is rotation at this point..may help..or get felix some rest by sending him to the pen..it is not a disgrace
just a break to keep the pitching fresh..and i would do it with any of the guys for that reason
skip a start and i have a basicly fresh pitcher...cuz that is ten days or so

and they have Kc ,angels, and rockies till the all star break..then chi sox ,S F giants and angels again, then houston at the end

paxton ,gonzales,and leBlanc have been our best pitchers there is no way i would get ride of leake either

so sense nothing can be done about filix(he would have to aprove a trade cuz of 10-10 the only thing to do
iiisss...rotate
august is packed full of games almost every day..even if the mariners go 50-50 at this point they would still
have a good shot at the playoffs
i think they will do better than that ..cuz right now they are the 4th best team...in both leagues