• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Advice

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for a PPR keeper league with 14 teams.

I am being offered Pat Mahomes for my Terry McLaurin.

My Team:
QB: Fields, A-Richardson, T-Lawrence
RB: Jacobs, Harris, Hubbard, Akers
WR: T Hill, McLaurin, D Johnson, Pittman
TE: Freiermuth
K; Sanders
D: DAL

His Team:
QB: Mahomes, Herbert
RB: Robinson, Stevenson, Irving, Spears, Guerendo
WR: Harrison Jr, B Thomas, Pickens, McConkey
TE: LaPorta
K: Koo
D: WAS

I got McLaurin in the 6th Rd. Which looks like stellar keeper value at the moment. He took Mahomes in the 3rd. My QBs have been inconsistent all year, but all 3 have put up better weekly numbers than Mahomes has. But it looks like I'll be dropping Fields soon if Russ Wilson gets the start. Which is why I am carrying 3 QBs (grabbed T-Law).

I'm 3-3.

What say you?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your QB situation is ugly... but still has upside... i would not send my most consistant WR for a QB...

so i am a BIG NO...

not sure what type of counter you would be thinking of..

My Team:
K; Sanders

His Team:

I got McLaurin in the 6th Rd. Which looks like stellar keeper value at the moment. He took Mahomes in the 3rd. My QBs have been inconsistent all year, but all 3 have put up better weekly numbers than Mahomes has. But it looks like I'll be dropping Fields soon if Russ Wilson gets the start. Which is why I am carrying 3 QBs (grabbed T-Law).

I'm 3-3.

What say you?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your QB situation is ugly... but still has upside... i would not send my most consistant WR for a QB...

so i am a BIG NO...

not sure what type of counter you would be thinking of..
The guy seems to be dealing a lot of trades and he is 1-5... And this is the 3rd times he's offered Mahomes up to the league. If that helps provide some context.

I am not a big fan of the trade as is. Maybe offer him McLaurin for Mahomes & one of his WRs to feel better about making it. He's obviously down on Mahomes and trying to make a bait & switch type trade.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe offer Pittman instead, although I doubt he takes that. I agree with you that McLaurin is a bit much (sounds weird to say).

I will say that even though Mahomes is not the same as he has been, the potential is there and in my league, he is one of the most consistent scorers week to week. I think there is about a 2 or 3 point difference between his best score and his worst.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes, LaPorta, injured Marv, injured Rhamondre.... this guy is looking for a life raft, don't let him pull you under. Only professionals are supposed to help teams that are drowning.

David Hasselhoff Cali GIF by Baywatch

If you want to upgrade QB you should target one that's producing. Would be pretty cool to stack Daniels and Scary Terry

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes, LaPorta, injured Marv, injured Rhamondre.... this guy is looking for a life raft, don't let him pull you under. Only professionals are supposed to help teams that are drowning.

David Hasselhoff Cali GIF by Baywatch

If you want to upgrade QB you should target one that's producing. Would be pretty cool to stack Daniels and Scary Terry
I would imagine Daniels would be crazy expensive in a keeper league that involves giving up draft picks to keep a player.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would imagine Daniels would be crazy expensive in a keeper league that involves giving up draft picks to keep a player.

Never know, depending on the keeper settings and what not.

Just think if you're trading to improve QB you should aim higher than mahomes to start

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 629.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never know, depending on the keeper settings and what not.

Just think if you're trading to improve QB you should aim higher than mahomes to start
I do agree with that (aiming higher for Mahomes). I could be confusing things, but I think he said he picked McLaurin in the 6th and that would be good keeper value.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was me. I would ride out with what you have at QB and maybe go after Brian Thomas Jr to stack with TLaw

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My Team:
K; Sanders

His Team:

I'm 3-3.

What say you?

My counter would involve LaPorta...

McLaurin, Freiermuth
Mahomes, LaPorta

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My counter would involve LaPorta...

McLaurin, Freiermuth
Mahomes, LaPorta

Lions haven't been using LaPorta like they did last year, that's taking on a lot of risk based on past production and not considering current situations.

LaPorta not getting the looks with Jamo emergence. Last yr he had 8wks of top 5 TE production, zero so far this year.

Mahomes hasnt finished as a top 12 QB in 15 reg season games. In 2022 the last game of regular season when he didn't play the full game was only week he finished outside the top 12.

Also, McLaurin + Daniels stack is just starting to click and it looks good

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions haven't been using LaPorta like they did last year, that's taking on a lot of risk based on past production and not considering current situations.

LaPorta not getting the looks with Jamo emergence. Last yr he had 8wks of top 5 TE production, zero so far this year.

Mahomes hasnt finished as a top 12 QB in 15 reg season games. In 2022 the last game of regular season when he didn't play the full game was only week he finished outside the top 12.

Also, McLaurin + Daniels stack is just starting to click and it looks good

14 team dynasty...

LaPorta will be a top TE for a long time. Granted, he hasn't been used much (yet), but Jamo isn't the reason.
Freiermuth will never be.

Terry is on the doorstep of 30 years old. He's had a good month. If he offered McLaurin and Freiermuth for just LaPorta on September 1st, it would have been rejected quickly.

Mahomes isn't Mahomes of old, but Lawrence is a terrible QB and Richardson is making my preseason optimism for him look silly.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe offer Pittman instead, although I doubt he takes that. I agree with you that McLaurin is a bit much (sounds weird to say).

I will say that even though Mahomes is not the same as he has been, the potential is there and in my league, he is one of the most consistent scorers week to week. I think there is about a 2 or 3 point difference between his best score and his worst.
I'd do that - though it's a hard sell. .... I'd be holding Scary Terry. Perhaps think sending one of your QB's back (since he'd only has one) in the deal and ask for say, McConkey. So Mahomes/McConkey for Pittman/Lawrence.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks all for the input.

I offered him T-Law/Pittman for Mahomes/(his pick of his WRs) and he said it was only ever about Terry McLaurin for him.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I offered him T-Law/Pittman for Mahomes/(his pick of his WRs) and he said it was only ever about Terry McLaurin for him.
Well, if he wants Terry so bad then what about one those other WR's he's got ? There is likely some middle ground. Say T-Law/F-5 for Mahomes/Thomas ?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well i don't think you're getting a significant enough upgrade at QB to lose Terry, so I'd move on