• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tough Finish!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briny Baird finished 2nd @ the McGladrey Classic in Sea Island, GA over the weekend. He had a lead for a long time in the 4th round and it was starting to look like his 365th PGA start might be the one that he hoists the trophy.

He faltered on the final hole, topping his 2nd shot out of a FW bunker into a Hzd to lose by a shot...he still shot 67 for the day so he definitely did not choke it away imo but tough way to lose.

We can't feel bad for a guy that earned nearly half million for the event, but at some point you have to think maybe I'm not going to win a tourney.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a conspiracy

the PGA does not want a winner with the first name Briny

:)

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...could be that hat too.

Nerves got to him...on one birdie putt inside 5' it barely got there, just curled away at the end...probably makes that putt 10 of 10 on the practice green.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearly impossible for me to follow/care about golf at this time of year.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nearly impossible for me to follow/care about golf at this time of year.

Me too. Once the PGA Championship is done usually so am I as far as watching on TV. This new attempt to make the "silly season" count for next year hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm struggling with it too, but I'm a golfhead.

I complain there are too many PGAT events, but a close tourney on Sunday still draws me in...doesn't matter who is in contention.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Once the PGA Championship is done usually so am I as far as watching on TV. This new attempt to make the "silly season" count for next year hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.

At least you can still play it out there... I still have snow on the ground from 2 days ago & its 34 degrees out. Golf is all but forgotten for a few months up here. Thats why the Masters is so special, it signals that golf is coming back soon.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you can still play it out there... I still have snow on the ground from 2 days ago & its 34 degrees out. Golf is all but forgotten for a few months up here. Thats why the Masters is so special, it signals that golf is coming back soon.

I absolutely love the Masters. It is my favorite sporting event of the year to watch, including the Super Bowl. Those azelias in bloom behind #12 depict the coming of Spring like nothing else.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love the Masters. It is my favorite sporting event of the year to watch, including the Super Bowl. Those azelias in bloom behind #12 depict the coming of Spring like nothing else.

Definitely my favorite major, favorite golf tourney period...12 is great, but the blooms coming down the FW on 13 are incredible in person...12 you're a pretty good distance away from the green as a spectator.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely my favorite major, favorite golf tourney period...12 is great, but the blooms coming down the FW on 13 are incredible in person...12 you're a pretty good distance away from the green as a spectator.

Agreed.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The azalea plant, the hybrids can struggle here in this clay, so you have to amend the soil and baby them until they get established...My golf buddy has a native Red Azalea bush, the same ones that grow @ AN...the natives like the acidic clay will grow in shady areas better...his just explodes with blooms every year but about a week or so later than the Masters...one year it timed it perfectly.

A few plants bloom a little earlier, but you know spring is here when the azaleas bloom.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The azalea plant, the hybrids can struggle here in this clay, so you have to amend the soil and baby them until they get established...My golf buddy has a native Red Azalea bush, the same ones that grow @ AN...the natives like the acidic clay will grow in shady areas better...his just explodes with blooms every year but about a week or so later than the Masters...one year it timed it perfectly.

A few plants bloom a little earlier, but you know spring is here when the azaleas bloom.

Ya, I love it. The Masters signals the coming of spring and the birth of a new golf season. Just a gorgeous course and there is no other tournament like it in the world.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ditto

I swear I heard angels singing the first time I viewed them in person