• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Toronto Blue Jays @ White Sox

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safe to say the Orioles are what the Sox want to be - a team built out of player acquisition and development. Nastrini looks to get his stuff together in the afternoon opener.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's safe to say the Orioles are what the Sox want to be - a team built out of player acquisition and development. Nastrini looks to get his stuff together in the afternoon opener.
too bad the sox can't actually do that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one huge advantage the Orioles had that we now don't have, thanks to the stupid new draft and market sharing rules. For those years they were sucking, their farm was also the beneficiary of collecting the top players in the draft. Despite the outstanding chances that we'll finish with the worst record in the game, we'll at best only have the 10th pick in next year's draft. There's something adbominally wrong with this new setup.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one huge advantage the Orioles had that we now don't have, thanks to the stupid new draft and market sharing rules. For those years they were sucking, their farm was also the beneficiary of collecting the top players in the draft. Despite the outstanding chances that we'll finish with the worst record in the game, we'll at best only have the 10th pick in next year's draft. There's something adbominally wrong with this new setup.
mighty tired hearing you cry about that. how much longer do ya think?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad the sox can't actually do that.

Here's how it is going in Birmingham AA for the Sox. The Sox might have the best minor league team in Birmingham than all of the minor leagues including AAA. Last Year's #1 pick is burning up the southern league.

Birmingham Barons

Record 6-0 (last week), 30-14 (overall)

Barons Player of the Week

Jacob Gonzalez 13-for-29, HR, 8 RBI, 3 2B, 1 BB, 5 K

Alsander Womack 4-for-13, HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 3 K
Tim Elko 10-for-27, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 2 2B, 3 BB, 8 K
Wilfred Veras 4-for-23, 2 2B, RBI, 1 BB, 7 K
Terrell Tatum 4-for-23, HR, 3B, 2B, 7 RBI, 3 BB, 6 K
Edgar Quero 2-for-19, HR, 2 RBI, 6 BB, 3 K
Duke Ellis 7-for-20, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 3 K, 5 SB, 0 CS
Jacob Burke 8-for-20, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 3 K, 5 SB, 1 CS
Brooks Baldwin 11-for-28, HR, 4 RBI, 2B, 1 BB, 4 K
Michael Turner 7-for-17, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, 5 K

Ky Bush 7 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 3 K
Drew Thorpe 6 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K
Jairo Iriarte 5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 K
Jake Eder 11 IP, 3 ER, 8 H, 6 BB, 6 K
Mason Adams 6 1⁄3 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 6 K

Well, would you look at that? The Barons went undefeated this week and are now 30-14 with a +70 run differential. Also, the starting rotation did a fantastic job, which seems to be the standard for the 2024 Barons. However, this week’s award goes to Birmingham newcomer Jacob Gonzalez, who posted a .448/.452/.655 slash line. In recent history, Double-A has been a road block for many White Sox prospects, especially hitters entering pitcher-friendly Regions Field. However, early on, Gonzalez has made Double-A pitching look easy to hit. Three weeks ago, Gonzalez won the weekly award for Winston-Salem, and now, at a higher level, he has posted yet another massive week. He’s in fact our first POTW winner at multiple levels, the first to three separate POTW awards, and Gonzalez has accomplished these feats in May! Congratulations to the talented shortstop on taking another stride toward the majors.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's how it is going in Birmingham AA for the Sox. The Sox might have the best minor league team in Birmingham than all of the minor leagues including AAA. Last Year's #1 pick is burning up the southern league.

Birmingham Barons

Record 6-0 (last week), 30-14 (overall)

Barons Player of the Week

Jacob Gonzalez 13-for-29, HR, 8 RBI, 3 2B, 1 BB, 5 K

Alsander Womack 4-for-13, HR, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 3 K
Tim Elko 10-for-27, 2 HR, 7 RBI, 2 2B, 3 BB, 8 K
Wilfred Veras 4-for-23, 2 2B, RBI, 1 BB, 7 K
Terrell Tatum 4-for-23, HR, 3B, 2B, 7 RBI, 3 BB, 6 K
Edgar Quero 2-for-19, HR, 2 RBI, 6 BB, 3 K
Duke Ellis 7-for-20, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 3 K, 5 SB, 0 CS
Jacob Burke 8-for-20, 2 RBI, 3 BB, 3 K, 5 SB, 1 CS
Brooks Baldwin 11-for-28, HR, 4 RBI, 2B, 1 BB, 4 K
Michael Turner 7-for-17, 2B, RBI, 2 BB, 5 K

Ky Bush 7 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 3 K
Drew Thorpe 6 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K
Jairo Iriarte 5 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 2 BB, 5 K
Jake Eder 11 IP, 3 ER, 8 H, 6 BB, 6 K
Mason Adams 6 1⁄3 IP, 1 ER, 5 H, 1 BB, 6 K

Well, would you look at that? The Barons went undefeated this week and are now 30-14 with a +70 run differential. Also, the starting rotation did a fantastic job, which seems to be the standard for the 2024 Barons. However, this week’s award goes to Birmingham newcomer Jacob Gonzalez, who posted a .448/.452/.655 slash line. In recent history, Double-A has been a road block for many White Sox prospects, especially hitters entering pitcher-friendly Regions Field. However, early on, Gonzalez has made Double-A pitching look easy to hit. Three weeks ago, Gonzalez won the weekly award for Winston-Salem, and now, at a higher level, he has posted yet another massive week. He’s in fact our first POTW winner at multiple levels, the first to three separate POTW awards, and Gonzalez has accomplished these feats in May! Congratulations to the talented shortstop on taking another stride toward the majors.
you're ever the optimist. they're doing well, but i don't put too much stock in a short time run of success for one minor league team.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Sox minor league teams have something going for them. Birmingham is a place the Sox want a cadre of their best prospects play together through the minors to the majors.

What's going on in the minors is very different than the Hahn/Williams tenure. For Hahn - he would get one prospect for each position and get them to the majors. Now the Sox are just collecting talent and they are counting on competition for the major league team to emerge.

Under the current ownership the only way the Sox can succeed is for the team to produce inexpensive talent through their minor league system. Guys currently on the Sox like Pham - Julks - Fedde - and Shemake are all guys the Sox hope to trade at the deadline for even more minor league talent. Even though the Sox pick 5th in the draft this year - they will return to the 2nd pick of every round after than based on their record the previous season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mighty tired hearing you cry about that. how much longer do ya think?

It should be repeated from the highest mountaintop daily. It's bad enough that the MLB is basically a "buy a team" league. That the sh*ttier teams don't get to take advantage of the early talent (that most, due to revenues, these teams will lose to the big boys in their prime) is ridiculous.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Sox minor league teams have something going for them. Birmingham is a place the Sox want a cadre of their best prospects play together through the minors to the majors.

What's going on in the minors is very different than the Hahn/Williams tenure. For Hahn - he would get one prospect for each position and get them to the majors. Now the Sox are just collecting talent and they are counting on competition for the major league team to emerge.

Under the current ownership the only way the Sox can succeed is for the team to produce inexpensive talent through their minor league system. Guys currently on the Sox like Pham - Julks - Fedde - and Shemake are all guys the Sox hope to trade at the deadline for even more minor league talent. Even though the Sox pick 5th in the draft this year - they will return to the 2nd pick of every round after than based on their record the previous season.
Have to say even during those various seasons when the Good Guys had pretty good rosters, I don't recall our minors being all that. Some teams did better than others, but overall, I don't remember when our key minor clubs were all jelling at the same time. I'd like to say that based on your observations there's a ray of hope down the road, but I'm taking the Jiddy route in agreeing that it could be 5 or more years before we see a truly competitive, playoff-bound team. I hope it's sooner than that, but right now it's not looking too swift.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to say even during those various seasons when the Good Guys had pretty good rosters, I don't recall our minors being all that. Some teams did better than others, but overall, I don't remember when our key minor clubs were all jelling at the same time. I'd like to say that based on your observations there's a ray of hope down the road, but I'm taking the Jiddy route in agreeing that it could be 5 or more years before we see a truly competitive, playoff-bound team. I hope it's sooner than that, but right now it's not looking too swift.
Understood. I am not lauding the direction the Sox are going so much as trying to make sense of it and explain it. I'd have to say when our minor leaguers are beating all the other team minor leaguers - in time that will pay off in the MLB.

I do think the Sox can compete for a division title next year. The West Division is still weak. This season the Sox might find 4-5 prospects who can be regulars in the field and 2-3 starting pitchers who are current prospects. With Moncada and perhaps Jimenez off the team next year - the personnel budget would be under $70 million - with only the Benetendi contract being a bust. I think we might see some modest spending next off season on talent for the White Sox.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understood. I am not lauding the direction the Sox are going so much as trying to make sense of it and explain it. I'd have to say when our minor leaguers are beating all the other team minor leaguers - in time that will pay off in the MLB.

I do think the Sox can compete for a division title next year. The West Division is still weak. This season the Sox might find 4-5 prospects who can be regulars in the field and 2-3 starting pitchers who are current prospects. With Moncada and perhaps Jimenez off the team next year - the personnel budget would be under $70 million - with only the Benetendi contract being a bust. I think we might see some modest spending next off season on talent for the White Sox.
you're ignoring the fact the rest of their minor league teams don't have one team playing over .500 ball. and AAA charlotte is a half game out of last place!
and how is the sox division weak when going by your viewpoint they have 2nd, 4th and 5th place best teams in the whole league! the only reason anyone would consider the division weak is because of the sox! as long as this team is hamstrung by jerry fucking reinsdork they ain't doing shit! no matter how they get players! the cheap sob will always hire the worst managers, coaches and agents available.
with all respect ... you are blinded!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're ignoring the fact the rest of their minor league teams don't have one team playing over .500 ball. and AAA charlotte is a half game out of last place!
and how is the sox division weak when going by your viewpoint they have 2nd, 4th and 5th place best teams in the whole league! the only reason anyone would consider the division weak is because of the sox! as long as this team is hamstrung by jerry fucking reinsdork they ain't doing shit! no matter how they get players! the cheap sob will always hire the worst managers, coaches and agents available.
with all respect ... you are blinded!
Kanny is 8 games above 500 - what are you ignoring?

Kannapolis Cannon Ballers

Record 5-1 (last week), 26-18 (overall)

Cannon Ballers Player of the Week

Drew McDaniel 7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 11 K

Mikey Kane 6-for-18, HR, 2 RBI, 2 BB, 5 K
Albertson Asigen 4-for-20, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 0 BB, 5 K
Caden Connor 10-for-27, 2 HR, 9 RBI, 2 BB, 5 K
Rikuu Nishida 9-for-19, 3B, RBI, 10 BB, 3 K
Drake Logan 8-for-21, 2 2B, 2 RBI, 1 BB, 10 K, 3 SB, 0 CS
Ryan Galanie 9-for-22, HR, 2B, 8 RBI, 1 BB, 8 K

Lucas Gordon 7 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 3 BB, 5 K
Aldrin Batista 5 2⁄3 IP, 4 ER, 6 H, 3 BB, 6 K
Seth Keener 5 2⁄3 IP, 0 ER, 3 H, 3 BB, 9 K
Jake Peppers 6 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 5 BB, 7 K
Grant Taylor 4 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 6 K

It was another great week for the Cannon Ballers, who went 5-1, just as they did last week. During their past six games, Kannapolis has outscored its opponents by a score of 52-13, as Augusta had a rough time handling Kanny’s, even while playing at home.

Many Cannon Ballers had weeks to remember, but starter Drew McDaniel became the first Kannapolis pitcher since Aldrin Batista in early April to win the weekly award. On Tuesday, McDaniel collected his second straight scoreless start, a very impressive feat. This time, he struck out 11 without issuing any walks, which tells you just about all you need to know about how that game went. McDaniel’s ERA has shrunk to 1.82, and shortly after his great performance, he earned a promotion to the Dash.

2024 Kannapolis Cannon Ballers Players of the Week

Aldrin Batista (April 8-14)
Albertson Asigen (April 15-21)
Caden Connor (April 22-28)
Rikuu Nishida (April 29-May 5)
Ryan Galanie (May 6-12)
Ryan Galanie (May 13-19)
Drew McDaniel (May 20-26)

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was another great week for the Cannon Ballers, who went 5-1, just as they did last week. During their past six games, Kannapolis has outscored its opponents by a score of 52-13, as Augusta had a rough time handling Kanny’s, even while playing at home.

Many Cannon Ballers had weeks to remember, but starter Drew McDaniel became the first Kannapolis pitcher since Aldrin Batista in early April to win the weekly award. On Tuesday, McDaniel collected his second straight scoreless start, a very impressive feat. This time, he struck out 11 without issuing any walks, which tells you just about all you need to know about how that game went. McDaniel’s ERA has shrunk to 1.82, and shortly after his great performance, he earned a promotion to the Dash.

Ryan Galanie (May 6-12)
Ryan Galanie (May 13-19)
yeah, i missed that single a team. the rest?

did you just ignore the rest of my post?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i missed that single a team. the rest?

did you just ignore the rest of my post?
Yeah - I must admit your blather about Uncle Jerry is old news/boring - and doesn't change a thing. So - no, I skip through the blather - but that is your fault. Be something other than a one trick pony boy.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're 1-10 right now vs the AL East on this stretch with 2 games to go.

Funny thing is, if you told me we would go 2 wins or less during the stretch...ANY other season I would take that bet a million times over. This one? I'd take the 0-2 wins prop...every...single...time.

Pedro Grifol f*cking up every press conference is fantastic theater and at least somewhat bringing an entertainment factor....if you're like me and want to see that dude launched from a cannon out of Comiskey.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ryan Galanie (May 6-12)
Ryan Galanie (May 13-19)

Does it make me a sh*t fan if this is the first time I've even heard of this team?

*shrugs*

It doesn't matter...Sox might as well have the Savannah Bananas as a farm team at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it make me a sh*t fan if this is the first time I've even heard of this team?

*shrugs*

It doesn't matter...Sox might as well have the Savannah Bananas as a farm team at this point.
I love you bud.

I just don't give a crap what you think about Kannapolis. I am not here to convince anyone of anything. I will point out that Kannapolis (Lower A) is where draft picks from each team play each other. When Kanny wins - it means the Sox are drafting well. The increase in minor league wins is proof the Sox are getting their stuff together to bring talent to the Majors.

If anyone is not interested in what I am posting - don't read it.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah - I must admit your blather about Uncle Jerry is old news/boring - and doesn't change a thing. So - no, I skip through the blather - but that is your fault. Be something other than a one trick pony boy.
lambasting the reason every sox fans is pulling out their hair is just blather to you? perhaps it is old news. but what is the new news? nothing changing? or grasping for straws to kid yourself the sox are gonna be just fine wait and see? among other things, this site is for venting. if you see venting as blather ... that's fine. but .... do you ever blather?

and btw, my post to you was about you, not the guy whom you seem to see as a family member! but maybe you missed it. it's like you wish to point out how well a given player does in a week whilst ignoring they're hitting under .200 for the season. kannapolis doing well to start a season means almost literally nothing! same with the 'cannon-ballers'. it doesn't reflect of the main team at all. i give almost no shits about the minor leagues. i pick up general minor league news here and there and frankly it's almost always bad news. the sox are always among the worst!
my point is ...... i believe in major league results and i've seen almost none in 43 years! and there's been no change in direction in all that time. and now we're historically bad! so i have a hard time swallowing the type of blather you specialize in. but i do read you because you're a good poster most of the time. and yes, i DO ignore your blather.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lambasting the reason every sox fans is pulling out their hair is just blather to you? perhaps it is old news. but what is the new news? nothing changing? or grasping for straws to kid yourself the sox are gonna be just fine wait and see? among other things, this site is for venting. if you see venting as blather ... that's fine. but .... do you ever blather?

and btw, my post to you was about you, not the guy whom you seem to see as a family member! but maybe you missed it. it's like you wish to point out how well a given player does in a week whilst ignoring they're hitting under .200 for the season. kannapolis doing well to start a season means almost literally nothing! same with the 'cannon-ballers'. it doesn't reflect of the main team at all. i give almost no shits about the minor leagues. i pick up general minor league news here and there and frankly it's almost always bad news. the sox are always among the worst!
my point is ...... i believe in major league results and i've seen almost none in 43 years! and there's been no change in direction in all that time. and now we're historically bad! so i have a hard time swallowing the type of blather you specialize in. but i do read you because you're a good poster most of the time. and yes, i DO ignore your blather.
Ok - that's your quota of attention for now.