• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top teams have had some bad luck this offseason

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Rolando McClain in the "good luck" category for the Ravens. Good riddance.

I agree. Lousy lousy lousy player. Their replacement is light years better.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Antoine Winfield has decided to retire! I'm guessing it's because he was going to be cut.

Good news for the Niners. :)

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers roster now stands at 53 players.

The following 21 players have been released:

T Carter Bykowski
WR Austin Collie
CB Marcus Cooper
TE MarQueis Gray
WR Chad Hall
RB Jewel Hampton
WR Lavelle Hawkins
LB Joe Holland
WR Chuck Jacobs
LS Brian Jennings
LB Travis Johnson
CB Darryl Morris
G Patrick Omameh
WR Kassim Osgood
NT Mike Purcell
S Trenton Robinson
FB Jason Schepler
S Michael Thomas
G Wayne Tribue
QB Seneca Wallace
T Kenny Wiggins

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this, cannot vouch for its accuracy, just posting:

An independent, three-year study of competitive college football showed that when compared to natural grass the FieldTurf system leads to:

74% Fewer Muscle Tears
12% Fewer Concussions
40% Lower ACL Trauma
10% Less Injury From Shoe Surface Interaction during Contact
31% Fewer Ligament Tears
8% Less Injury From Shoe Surface Interaction during Non-Contact
20% Fewer Severe Injuries
7% Fewer Total Injuries
19% Fewer Substantial Injuries

Not sure if there are things where it increases the injuries and don't think they'd highlight it, if so. But if this is true and there aren't significant injuries otherwise, these are enough that you might want to switch - now, an opponent getting hurt can help you, but you play more home games than anywhere else and more than anyone plays you.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think it's time to add the Colts to this list. They lost Dwaaaaaaayne Allen in the offseason, and now they lost Reggie Wayne.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time to add the Colts to this list. They lost Dwaaaaaaayne Allen in the offseason, and now they lost Reggie Wayne.

Part of being lucky in football is being healthy come playoff time. Teams can look great at start of season than everythng goes downhill. Look at Green Bay. They lost Cobb. Jones is out hurt and now jermichael Finley. Our D line could have been decimated.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not the year for Colt's 'Wayne's. If they traded for Dwayne Bowe, he'd get more passes/deep passes, until he got hurt. If they signed Dwayne Wade, they'd cut him before or after a knee injury. If they signed Wayne Gretzsky as a coach, he'd get Sean Payton'd. Wayne Campbell couldn't do many more shwings, though it wouldn't stop him from trying. :yawn:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And with all the bad luck the 49ers have had this year, its still possible, in week sixteen no less, that the road to the Super Bowl could go through San Francisco.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And with all the bad luck the 49ers have had this year, its still possible, in week sixteen no less, that the road to the Super Bowl could go through San Francisco.

have the 49ers REALLY had that much bad luck? all teams have injuries, all teams have scheduling 'complaints', and a lot of calls could've been better throughout the NFL, but did the 49ers receive more than their fair share?

IF there was some way to objectively rate teams, my opinion is the 49ers were ok.