• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top teams have had some bad luck this offseason

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Niners: Crabtree

Ravens: Rolando McClain

Seagulls: Harvin injured & Bruce Irvin suspended

Broncos: 'Roid monkey Von Miller & the Dumervil fiasco (which ended up being good news for the Ravens).

Patriots: Gronk & Hernandez

At least the Niners' bad news is only temporary (which could be the case for Harvin, but you never know). Am I forgetting anything?

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Add Matt Ryan to the list. He just got extended. The most spoiled QB EVER possibly gets richer

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Add Matt Ryan to the list. He just got extended. The most spoiled QB EVER possibly gets richer

You mean as bad news for the top teams?

I think Ryan is vastly overrated, but he's still a good QB (not great IMO). And it's very hard to find a good QB. I'd rather have an over-paid good QB than a mediocre QB who makes mediocre money.

The Falcons really haven't had any bad news I can remember this offseason. However, I don't really consider them one of the top teams. I could be wrong, but I don't take 'em as seriously as I do the Ravens, Giants & Seahawks (or even the Broncos).

Speaking of the VaGiants, they haven't had much bad news either. However, they've left a couple of holes on the roster in an apparent effort to keep it going long term like the Patriots did in the latter part of the last decade. It's probably the right move because I don't think their roster would be on par with the 49ers' even if they did go for a few FAs to fill some holes. I think it was a huge mistake for the Pats though. Especially the Seymour trade. I think that trade cost 'em a SB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You mean as bad news for the top teams?

I think Ryan is vastly overrated, but he's still a good QB (not great IMO). And it's very hard to find a good QB. I'd rather have an over-paid good QB than a mediocre QB who makes mediocre money.

The Falcons really haven't had any bad news I can remember this offseason. However, I don't really consider them one of the top teams. I could be wrong, but I don't take 'em as seriously as I do the Ravens, Giants & Seahawks (or even the Broncos).

Speaking of the VaGiants, they haven't had much bad news either. However, they've left a couple of holes on the roster in an apparent effort to keep it going long term like the Patriots did in the latter part of the last decade. It's probably the right move because I don't think their roster would be on par with the 49ers' even if they did go for a few FAs to fill some holes. I think it was a huge mistake for the Pats though. Especially the Seymour trade. I think that trade cost 'em a SB.

certainly agree with the part, we all want a top QB but it isn't to find. even spending a high 1st rounder doesn't ensure anything. we were without one for a long time, so should know.

based on Atlanta's play-off game last year, IMO they ARE one of the top teams. we had to rally from quite a bit down so they proved they can score against our D.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Add Dan Koppen's injury to Denver's list. Sounds like we're still waiting for word on the extent. He's already the backup center, so they're about to go three-deep on the depth chart at the position.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I think I heard 'em say on ESPN Radio it was a torn ACL.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought koppen was us for a minute. He's good, so losing him has to hurt.

As for the patriots, I'm pretty comfortable going into the season.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the phone at Jeff Saturday's house is ringing?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Holy crap now Bryan Bulaga got bit by the ACL bug! Another one bites the dust.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some good luck for 49ers, Willis only missing 2 weeks after hand surgery.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
No word on what the injury is, but Derek Wolfe was taken off the field in an ambulance. More bad news for a top team.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners: Crabtree

Ravens: Rolando McClain

Seagulls: Harvin injured & Bruce Irvin suspended

Broncos: 'Roid monkey Von Miller & the Dumervil fiasco (which ended up being good news for the Ravens).

Patriots: Gronk & Hernandez

At least the Niners' bad news is only temporary (which could be the case for Harvin, but you never know). Am I forgetting anything?

I would put Rolando McClain in the "good luck" category for the Ravens. Good riddance.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Adam Schefter says it's not realistic to expect Gronk back for week 1 @ the Bills.