• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top Prospects List

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay with the draft over who in your opinion are your teams top 15 or so prospects?

My team NY Islanders.

1.Nino Niederreiter W
2.Ryan Strome C
3.Calvin De Haan D
4.Kevin Poulin G
5.Matt Donovan D
6.Anders Nilsson G
7.Kirill Kabanov W
8.Brock Nelson C
9.Casey Cizikas C
10.Ty Wishart D
11.Kirill Petrov W
12.Scott Mayfield D
13.Andrei Pedan D
14.David Ullstrom W
15.Mikko Koskinen G

Hmm. I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but guys like Anders Lee, Rhett Rakhshani, Jesse Joensuu couldn't make my list & scouts seem to be all over the map on the upside of Johan Sundstrom that I really don't have any idea what kind of player he is now or what he will be in the future.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon Despres, D
Eric Tangradi, LW
Beau Bennett, RW
Dustin Jeffrey, C
Tom Kühnhackl, C
Brian Strait, D
Robert Bortuzzo, D
Brad Thiessen, G
Ken Agostino, LW
Carl Sneep, D

Our system is...well, it's okay, but like NHL future says, lots of boom/bust in that. No sure fire prospects. Our D looks good for the future though.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Canucks:

not sure if you can call Tanev or Schneider prospects still, but they are both studs.
Tanev came from out of no where, and could legitimately take top 4 minutes on a thinner team.
Schneider has delivered excellence at every level. Number 1 goalie for someone for a long, long time.

Cody Hodgson - uphill battle with him, both health wise, and getting minutes wise. Grade A prospect, but treading on kind of thin ice to being downgraded from that.
Eddie Lack - has followed Schneider's career path pretty closely. Became an excellent goalie in the AHL throughout last year.
Jordan Schroeder - was an absolute stud for USA at the WJC. took a bit of a step backwards in the AHL last year, so this season will be a big one for him.
Anton Rodin - again, was a monster for Sweden in the WJHC. Looked like a man among boys in some games. Is troubled by a shoulder injury, I hope that's not chronic.
Kevin Connauton - Speaking of men among boys, he was just that for the Vancouver Giants in his final year. was solid in AHL last year, should be in the bigs full time the season after this. solid, solid player.
Billy Sweatt - wheels galore. don't know if it will turn into anything
Darren Archibald - turned his Jr. game from goon to pretty good scorer. This is his first pro camp, but will be interesting to watch.
Steven Anthony - good player for the SeaDogs, we'll see what develops.

We'll see who else steps up in training camp. I'm sure someone will chip in if I've forgotten anyone of note.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Johansen - Should get a shot to crack the lineup this year with no pressure because Carter is there now. Has been called "Jason Spezza with size and attitude" and drawn comparisons to Joe Nieuwendyk and Steve Yzerman. Big praise and a lot to live up to, but really looking forward to seeing him.
Matt Calvert - Got a look last year and impressed with his tenacity and heart. Needs to stop trying to get featured on Coaches Corner on every shift.
John Moore - I hear a lot good about him. Very mobile, great skater and likes to find space when on the PP. Good shot. Sounds a lot like what the Jackets were looking for in free agency. They will need him to step up.
Maxim Mayorov - Another of the famed "Enigma Kids" that the last GM seemed to love drafting. Gobs of upside and apparent limited sense. Great sniper, apparently not much of anything else (Filatov, Brule or Zherdev anyone?). They already have an old Huselius. Not much need for a young one. Supposedly he's been given his orders to play a more defensive role. Curious if he does it.
Cody Golubef - No-frills just get it done defenseman.
Grant Clitsome - Sometimes he's incredibly obvious and demands not to be ignored. Other times he's invisible. Some games he goes out and it takes very little to get him going. Other times, no matter what you do to him, he just sits there and does nothing. Frustrating for everyone involved. Just be consistent, dammit.

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in Detroit's organization can really be considered "blue chip", but there are some guys who could develop into real solid players.

Brendan Smith For some reason, the Detroit homer/prospect booster club is insistent on selling this guy as a "big" defenseman. He's not, and I don't think he ever will be. He's basically got Nick Lidstrom's build, so obviously he'll never succeed at the NHL level. I think some people are still miffed the Wings passed on Petrecki, and think that in order to make their balls bigger they need to pump up how big and mean all their prospects are. It doesn't matter, this kid has the skills to be a force at the NHL level. He's a great skater, a great puck mover, and has great offensive vision. Potential-wise, he could be anywhere from a top four defenseman who's great on the power play and slightly shaky in his own zone, to a top two guy who's got a good all around game. He's had some off ice issues in Wisconsin, but I think Grand Rapids and Detroit are great places for him to cut his teeth and get in line. I loved watching him in a Badger uni, in a Griffins uni, and hopefully someday in a Wings uni for a long time.

Jan Mursak He might be faster than Helm. This guy simply flies. He looks like he's got offensive capabilities, but I get the feeling he's going to be the new Filppula. Good in all three zones, smart, steady, always on the verge of breaking out but only showing flashes of brilliance. He could be a really good top six guy if he pans out though.

Tomas Tatar This guy just looks like the real deal. He's very quick, he's very smart, he's a great puckhandler, he's flat out dangerous in the offensive zone. Sharp wrister, great passer, good vision, his only knock is his size. He's small... you know, like Theo Fleury or Marty St. Louis. I don't think he'll be that good, but he's got skills, determination, and he's not afraid of traffic. I can't wait for this kid to make a splash.

JJoakim Andersson Maybe not the best talent-wise out of the bunch, but probably the most likely to make an impact in the NHL. Great two way player, he will probably center the third line and kill penalties for a long time.

Gustav Nyquist Had three great years in Maine, and turned a lot of heads. He's sort of a Zetterberg light, very dogged in his persuit of the puck, good two way player, smart playmaker. He could center a second line some day, and maybe get some power play time.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe the Wings got Tatar with something like the 70th pick. I knew back then it was a steal.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Larsson- potential stud, great puck moving ability and very responsible defensively at the same time he's got very high hopes riding on his back.

Jon Merrill- very good offensive d man, just fell so low for running around grabbing titties at Ann arbor. Good shoot and a grade A passer.

Alex Urbom- see Larsson just not to that star potential extent.

Scott Wedgewood- believe it or not the devils do have goalie depth coming up the pipe. Considered by some to have been the top goalie in the Ohl this year.

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Evgeny Kuznetsov LW - Has tons of raw tallent, question is, as it is with all Russians, is his work ethic and his willingness to play defense. He's got the skill, hope he uses it. He'd most likely be on the caps this season if he came over from Russia.

2. Braden Holtby G - Ultimately I believe he will be the caps future in net. As a comparison, he's more agile than Neuvy and more technically sound than varlamov
3. Cody Eakin C - needs to get bigger and stronger, but he has talent and tons of speed. Hopefully this read head is able to build enough strength to make an nhl impact.
4. Dmitri Orlov D - offensive defenseman who needs to play more physical, but there is no denying his talent on the offensive end and the ability to jump up on the rush.
5. Mathieu Perreault C - eh. He's been around for awhile and he's a rfa this off-season and there is a real possibility he doesn't come back because there is quite a log jam in the caps organization. I love him as a player, but he might be left out somewhere.
6.Stanislav Galiev C - play maker and stick handler who could get stronger, but overall the risk that come from most russians is eliminated due to his time in NA in juniors.

Kinda weak now, but that is because the caps have had a lot of guys "graduated" recently and become full time players. Hopefully kuznetsov becomes what he can be, a less pain in the Ass semin (there's a joke in there somewhere....)

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Evgeny Kuznetsov LW - Has tons of raw tallent, question is, as it is with all Russians, is his work ethic and his willingness to play defense. He's got the skill, hope he uses it. He'd most likely be on the caps this season if he came over from Russia.

2. Braden Holtby G - Ultimately I believe he will be the caps future in net. As a comparison, he's more agile than Neuvy and more technically sound than varlamov
3. Cody Eakin C - needs to get bigger and stronger, but he has talent and tons of speed. Hopefully this read head is able to build enough strength to make an nhl impact.
4. Dmitri Orlov D - offensive defenseman who needs to play more physical, but there is no denying his talent on the offensive end and the ability to jump up on the rush.
5. Mathieu Perreault C - eh. He's been around for awhile and he's a rfa this off-season and there is a real possibility he doesn't come back because there is quite a log jam in the caps organization. I love him as a player, but he might be left out somewhere.
6.Stanislav Galiev C - play maker and stick handler who could get stronger, but overall the risk that come from most russians is eliminated due to his time in NA in juniors.

Kinda weak now, but that is because the caps have had a lot of guys "graduated" recently and become full time players. Hopefully kuznetsov becomes what he can be, a less pain in the Ass semin (there's a joke in there somewhere....)

I thought Eakin ouplayed Cizikas in their game at the Memorial Cup. He's got a chance to be a very good player.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adam Larsson- potential stud, great puck moving ability and very responsible defensively at the same time he's got very high hopes riding on his back.

Jon Merrill- very good offensive d man, just fell so low for running around grabbing titties at Ann arbor. Good shoot and a grade A passer.

Alex Urbom- see Larsson just not to that star potential extent.

Scott Wedgewood- believe it or not the devils do have goalie depth coming up the pipe. Considered by some to have been the top goalie in the Ohl this year.

What about F Adam Henrique?

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one in Detroit's organization can really be considered "blue chip", but there are some guys who could develop into real solid players.

Brendan Smith For some reason, the Detroit homer/prospect booster club is insistent on selling this guy as a "big" defenseman. He's not, and I don't think he ever will be. He's basically got Nick Lidstrom's build, so obviously he'll never succeed at the NHL level. I think some people are still miffed the Wings passed on Petrecki, and think that in order to make their balls bigger they need to pump up how big and mean all their prospects are. It doesn't matter, this kid has the skills to be a force at the NHL level. He's a great skater, a great puck mover, and has great offensive vision. Potential-wise, he could be anywhere from a top four defenseman who's great on the power play and slightly shaky in his own zone, to a top two guy who's got a good all around game. He's had some off ice issues in Wisconsin, but I think Grand Rapids and Detroit are great places for him to cut his teeth and get in line. I loved watching him in a Badger uni, in a Griffins uni, and hopefully someday in a Wings uni for a long time.

Jan Mursak He might be faster than Helm. This guy simply flies. He looks like he's got offensive capabilities, but I get the feeling he's going to be the new Filppula. Good in all three zones, smart, steady, always on the verge of breaking out but only showing flashes of brilliance. He could be a really good top six guy if he pans out though.

Tomas Tatar This guy just looks like the real deal. He's very quick, he's very smart, he's a great puckhandler, he's flat out dangerous in the offensive zone. Sharp wrister, great passer, good vision, his only knock is his size. He's small... you know, like Theo Fleury or Marty St. Louis. I don't think he'll be that good, but he's got skills, determination, and he's not afraid of traffic. I can't wait for this kid to make a splash.

JJoakim Andersson Maybe not the best talent-wise out of the bunch, but probably the most likely to make an impact in the NHL. Great two way player, he will probably center the third line and kill penalties for a long time.

Gustav Nyquist Had three great years in Maine, and turned a lot of heads. He's sort of a Zetterberg light, very dogged in his persuit of the puck, good two way player, smart playmaker. He could center a second line some day, and maybe get some power play time.

Kindl, Smith, Mursak, Tatar Tots & Tomas Jurco. The pipeline just keeps producing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Johansen - Should get a shot to crack the lineup this year with no pressure because Carter is there now. Has been called "Jason Spezza with size and attitude" and drawn comparisons to Joe Nieuwendyk and Steve Yzerman. Big praise and a lot to live up to, but really looking forward to seeing him.
Matt Calvert - Got a look last year and impressed with his tenacity and heart. Needs to stop trying to get featured on Coaches Corner on every shift.
John Moore - I hear a lot good about him. Very mobile, great skater and likes to find space when on the PP. Good shot. Sounds a lot like what the Jackets were looking for in free agency. They will need him to step up.
Maxim Mayorov - Another of the famed "Enigma Kids" that the last GM seemed to love drafting. Gobs of upside and apparent limited sense. Great sniper, apparently not much of anything else (Filatov, Brule or Zherdev anyone?). They already have an old Huselius. Not much need for a young one. Supposedly he's been given his orders to play a more defensive role. Curious if he does it.
Cody Golubef - No-frills just get it done defenseman.
Grant Clitsome - Sometimes he's incredibly obvious and demands not to be ignored. Other times he's invisible. Some games he goes out and it takes very little to get him going. Other times, no matter what you do to him, he just sits there and does nothing. Frustrating for everyone involved. Just be consistent, dammit.

Calvert is going to be a very good player. I was very impressed with his play after he was called up. Johansen is the Center they've been trying to acquire for awhile now. He's going to be good.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canucks:

not sure if you can call Tanev or Schneider prospects still, but they are both studs.
Tanev came from out of no where, and could legitimately take top 4 minutes on a thinner team.
Schneider has delivered excellence at every level. Number 1 goalie for someone for a long, long time.

Cody Hodgson - uphill battle with him, both health wise, and getting minutes wise. Grade A prospect, but treading on kind of thin ice to being downgraded from that.
Eddie Lack - has followed Schneider's career path pretty closely. Became an excellent goalie in the AHL throughout last year.
Jordan Schroeder - was an absolute stud for USA at the WJC. took a bit of a step backwards in the AHL last year, so this season will be a big one for him.
Anton Rodin - again, was a monster for Sweden in the WJHC. Looked like a man among boys in some games. Is troubled by a shoulder injury, I hope that's not chronic.
Kevin Connauton - Speaking of men among boys, he was just that for the Vancouver Giants in his final year. was solid in AHL last year, should be in the bigs full time the season after this. solid, solid player.
Billy Sweatt - wheels galore. don't know if it will turn into anything
Darren Archibald - turned his Jr. game from goon to pretty good scorer. This is his first pro camp, but will be interesting to watch.
Steven Anthony - good player for the SeaDogs, we'll see what develops.

We'll see who else steps up in training camp. I'm sure someone will chip in if I've forgotten anyone of note.

Another good D prospect is Yann Sauve. Big kid who moves pretty well. Jensen fits the Canucks system perfectly too.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simon Despres, D
Eric Tangradi, LW
Beau Bennett, RW
Dustin Jeffrey, C
Tom Kühnhackl, C
Brian Strait, D
Robert Bortuzzo, D
Brad Thiessen, G
Ken Agostino, LW
Carl Sneep, D

Our system is...well, it's okay, but like NHL future says, lots of boom/bust in that. No sure fire prospects. Our D looks good for the future though.

Depres is ready for the NHL. Although he might get 1 year in the AHL first.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
*wait too long for the edit button fail*

I don't really keep in touch too well with whats going on in adirondack, but we don't have a lot beyond Schenn and Couturier...we do have some big young bodies at defense, including a 6'6 guy, I forget his name though...

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really keep in touch too well with whats going on in adirondack, but we don't have a lot beyond Schenn and Couturier...we do have some big young bodies at defense, including a 6'6 guy, I forget his name though...

Oliver Lauridsen.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks don't have any prospects. We trade them and our top draft picks every year for that vet that is supposed to put us over the top but ends up injured in the playoffs or utterly disappearing.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kevin Marshall a 21 year old defenseman is a young guy to keep an eye on. He's a stay at home defenseman.

At forward Michael Chaput a 3rd rounder in 2010 is another one to watch. Although his team Lewiston was disbanned. Not sure where he's going to play this season. There was a dispersal draft. I don't know who selected him.