• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top OL poll

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that someone voted Martin as #1. Now of course we all know any discussion that takes place a week before the draft is kind of meaningless, but knowing Martin will likely be in the mx for us I thought it was interesting. The biggest difference I see with Martin and the others is I don't know if he is ever going to be a LT in the NFL. The other 3 could handle it for sure even though they'd start on the right side in Dallas if they came here.

In a poll of 18 NFL scouts, Auburn's Greg Robinson received 11 votes as the 2014 draft's top offensive lineman.
Texas A&M's Jake Matthews came in second with six votes, and Notre Dame's Zack Martin received the final first-place vote. Based on combined "point" totals derived from voting in the poll, scouts ranked Robinson as the draft's top lineman (80 points), Matthews second (76), Michigan's Taylor Lewan a relatively distant third (48), Martin fourth (43), and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio fifth (11).

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that someone voted Martin as #1. Now of course we all know any discussion that takes place a week before the draft is kind of meaningless, but knowing Martin will likely be in the mx for us I thought it was interesting. The biggest difference I see with Martin and the others is I don't know if he is ever going to be a LT in the NFL. The other 3 could handle it for sure even though they'd start on the right side in Dallas if they came here.

In a poll of 18 NFL scouts, Auburn's Greg Robinson received 11 votes as the 2014 draft's top offensive lineman.
Texas A&M's Jake Matthews came in second with six votes, and Notre Dame's Zack Martin received the final first-place vote. Based on combined "point" totals derived from voting in the poll, scouts ranked Robinson as the draft's top lineman (80 points), Matthews second (76), Michigan's Taylor Lewan a relatively distant third (48), Martin fourth (43), and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio fifth (11).

Looks right to me. I'd love it if Dix, Lewan, Donald and Ealy are all there at 16. The argument on this board on who we should take will be priceless. :yahoo:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ealy will be there And I think he could be one of our targets...at least he should be. I keep thinking that we end up taking Odell Beckhqm for some reason. Then Jerry turns around and high fives Stephen while the rest of the war room sits and buries their head in their hands like last year when we got bent over by SF in that trade.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ealy will be there And I think he could be one of our targets...at least he should be. I keep thinking that we end up taking Odell Beckhqm for some reason. Then Jerry turns around and high fives Stephen while the rest of the war room sits and buries their head in their hands like last year when we got bent over by SF in that trade.

depends on how you look at the draft .... do you think we can fix the defense enough or do you load up on offense and just try to out score everyone ......

Which quite frankly has been something we have had to do since Wade's 2nd year in Dallas

That would not surprise me though

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks right to me. I'd love it if Dix, Lewan, Donald and Ealy are all there at 16. The argument on this board on who we should take will be priceless. :yahoo:

The only reason I don't think Lewan is because we (Jerry) expects 1st round picks to start day one .... Don't think he would take Free's job year one ....

If he is the best player on our board ( and the others are gone) expect a trade down

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on how you look at the draft .... do you think we can fix the defense enough or do you load up on offense and just try to out score everyone ......

Which quite frankly has been something we have had to do since Wade's 2nd year in Dallas

That would not surprise me though

Dallas lost 3 games in 2013 in which they scored 30 or more points. I hope like hell we go defense.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason I don't think Lewan is because we (Jerry) expects 1st round picks to start day one .... Don't think he would take Free's job year one ....

If he is the best player on our board ( and the others are gone) expect a trade down

Lewan may not start day 1 but I think he does start sooner than later in 14. I could see him starting day 1 with Free moving inside.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas lost 3 games in 2013 in which they scored 30 or more points. I hope like hell we go defense.

That makes two of us

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes two of us

Stephen Jones has been talking about JJ Wilcox, and how he can be a starter opposite Church. This has me concerned that Safety is very low on the priority list. I hope this is just pre-draft posturing.

I have this sneaking suspicion we will see an early round WR. Possibly at the expense of a Safety.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we go defense , I think it has to be a DLinemen. Im sort of holding on to hope that Wilcox, Heath or Johnson will figure it out. They are all better athletes than Church supposedly and we pretty much know Church will start.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Jones has been talking about JJ Wilcox, and how he can be a starter opposite Church. This has me concerned that Safety is very low on the priority list. I hope this is just pre-draft posturing.

I have this sneaking suspicion we will see an early round WR. Possibly at the expense of a Safety.

We have held onto Johnson for some reason. We spent a 3rd on Wilcox last yr. We played Heath a ton and watched him get torched weekly. Something tells me they will be better. With that said there a few that will be there in the 3rd and 4rth rounds hopefully

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and we pretty much know Church will start.

OFC the norm in Dallas has been for many years ... You start based on contract and the round you were drafted.

your 1st round pick will be expected to be a day one starter.....

So you have to think DE Safety Cb or OLBer I'd love Donald .... but I think he comes down to what they are seeing of him at the facility right now and how far along they think he is.

I seriously think we will trade down if one of our top guys isn't there and the chance to trade down shows itself

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have held onto Johnson for some reason. We spent a 3rd on Wilcox last yr. We played Heath a ton and watched him get torched weekly. Something tells me they will be better. With that said there a few that will be there in the 3rd and 4rth rounds hopefully

I think Wilcox can be a player. He needs a lot of work, but I think he has the potential

Matt Johnson is an injury waiting to happen. The team can not go into the season relying on Matt Johnson for anything more than a spot on IR. I think the team should move on from him.

Heath looks to have the physical skill set, but looks lost in the secondary. He was always a few steps behind the play. I think he is more athlete than football player.

The whole issue is the team does not have one player capable of playing "center field" for the Cowboys. They need a Free Safety type. The average fan can see this, I am not sure why the front office doesn't.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure why the front office doesn't.

Because Woodson was a later half of the draft pick ... Took him a few years but look how good he became.....

and Jerry has been trying to repeat that ever sense

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit that when we took Roy Williams that year I was coaching a baseball game when he was picked. I lost total focus because I was so excited. I wanted him bad. I actually think Woodson went pretty early - like a late first or 2nd round pick. He was LB for Arizona ST

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the one name I dont want to see is Ealy. I just have a Shante Carver vibe about him and I dont know why.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason the one name I dont want to see is Ealy. I just have a Shante Carver vibe about him and I dont know why.

I got an Ebenezer Ekuban feel. But yea, I know what you mean

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually meant Ekuban. He was a better athlete than Carver. Then again Im not sure who our Dline coach was then. If they had Marinelli maybe they would have been better. Was Jon Blake with those guys, I cant rememeber

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather have Cooks than Beckham

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ealy does seem to be kind of lazy. He looks pretty damn fast when he wants to be. I dont know if he is Carver, but I have my doubts about him becoming a good player. He seems like a project. I would rather have Crichton who seems to be a high effort guy and gets a ton of pressure on the QB.