• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 50 list of the way, way, way too early '25 draft class

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As expected, next year's draft should be a reversal of this past version, which was dominated by the offense. As we all know, Poles goes with the BPA, according to his board. But at this point, based on what we have now and who will be there when our picks are due, I'm looking at the trenches as our primary focus. We should have two picks in the top 40 and possibly a third one in the top 50, depending on where we finish this season, and assuming we don't trade any spots for current talent. EDGE is the dominant spot, with 11 of those top 50. The DL mans 6 spots, while the OL has 5. And while this coming class is supposedly a bit weak with QB & WR talent, it's almost guaranteed that those two positions will climb the boards as the draft draws closer. Happens every year like clockwork.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And while this coming class is supposedly a bit weak with QB & WR talent, it's almost guaranteed that those two positions will climb the boards as the draft draws closer. Happens every year like clockwork.
I think we have four QBs in punching range to move up. I'm not too familiar with what Georgia, Alabama, and Texas are bringing to the table next year but I know what they lost last year. Some of the Milroe and Ewers play last year was pretty awful. Sanders is on a bad football team. Beck lost the best college TE in quite awhile. Ewers and Bond both being top 50 prospects and Bond having a spot carved out like Worthy did last year means Ewers really should be expected to make the leap. I think it would be a bit weird if they all beat the odds and looked like NFL QBs so I'd probably put the over/under closer to 1.5.

WR is a slightly different story, I think. Burden is proven at a young age and in a decent situation. I seriously doubt he is going to be looked at like Marvin Harrison Jr was or anything like that but I also think he is firmly rd1 unless catastrophe happens. Egbuka is also in a good situation imo he just needs to prove he can be an outside WR. He'll test well. He is either rd1 or early rd2 depending on what type of WR he is. There are 6 total WRs in the top 50 so thats probably close to an average class.

I do suspect we're going to see 18-20 defensive players in rd1 next year.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would go TE' QB' WR with my first 3 picks and then get a back up long snapper in the 4th. World series here we come.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As expected, next year's draft should be a reversal of this past version, which was dominated by the offense. As we all know, Poles goes with the BPA, according to his board. But at this point, based on what we have now and who will be there when our picks are due, I'm looking at the trenches as our primary focus. We should have two picks in the top 40 and possibly a third one in the top 50, depending on where we finish this season, and assuming we don't trade any spots for current talent. EDGE is the dominant spot, with 11 of those top 50. The DL mans 6 spots, while the OL has 5. And while this coming class is supposedly a bit weak with QB & WR talent, it's almost guaranteed that those two positions will climb the boards as the draft draws closer. Happens every year like clockwork.

Sh*t ton of defensive linemen on that list. Probably where we end up going if that is the case and we have a draft pick in the high teens or later.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sh*t ton of defensive linemen on that list. Probably where we end up going if that is the case and we have a draft pick in the high teens or later.
I think it's a reasonable assumption as to why Poles didn't go Edge or DT with his early picks. He knows next year's draft is loaded.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a reasonable assumption as to why Poles didn't go Edge or DT with his early picks. He knows next year's draft is loaded.
I think the fact we did not have enough picks is the reason. He would have addressed it early if he could have. And he would have, if not gifted a top WR with the 9th pick. IMO.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the fact we did not have enough picks is the reason. He would have addressed it early if he could have. And he would have, if not gifted a top WR with the 9th pick. IMO.
He had 3 picks in the top 75. Granted, taking Williams was a given, but not Odunze. Can't use the 'not enough picks' as a reason.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had 3 picks in the top 75. Granted, taking Williams was a given, but not Odunze. Can't use the 'not enough picks' as a reason.
No way you can pass on Odunze. He was not supposed to be there. If he was gone we would have used that pick on a DE or DT. Odunze was a given if there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way you can pass on Odunze. He was not supposed to be there. If he was gone we would have used that pick on a DE or DT. Odunze was a given if there.
I agree on Odunze and said it enough times in here that he was my top choice for the 9th spot. But that still doesn't rule out Poles using it or 75th or some type of trade down in order to snag one of the top DL. I'm banking on his awareness that the next draft is loaded with them. Really all he needs to complete this season's roster is a one year rental.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Odunze and said it enough times in here that he was my top choice for the 9th spot. But that still doesn't rule out Poles using it or 75th or some type of trade down in order to snag one of the top DL. I'm banking on his awareness that the next draft is loaded with them. Really all he needs to complete this season's roster is a one year rental.
Well see soon. If he trades draft capital for a DE or waits for next year. Really I can see that go either way.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Poles goes def lineman at the midseaon trade dead line.....especially if we are in some type of contention.....

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just happy we took a QB this year

Yikes