• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Favorite Players from your Program

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised you dont have any love for those 90s guys even for special mentions. Tony smith, Amal Mccaskil, Chris Crawford, Jim Mccilvaine?

Those guys all could be worth mentions. But in terms of my top 5 nothing from the 90s is going to have a true impact from a program standpoint.

And eventually I had to cut off my honorable mentions. I even left off Wes, who post MU might be my favortie.

Galway Eagle

Chicago > Milwaukee > Galway
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was born in the mid '80s and didn't pay attention to college sports until I was college age. I have a bit of familiarity with who you mentioned but no significant affinity ever.

figured that based on your list, I started following in 08-09 so I'm in the same boat. I was just surprised by the other guy's list.

Galway Eagle

Chicago > Milwaukee > Galway
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys all could be worth mentions. But in terms of my top 5 nothing from the 90s is going to have a true impact from a program standpoint.

And eventually I had to cut off my honorable mentions. I even left off Wes, who post MU might be my favortie.

Makes sense. Definitely agree with you about Wes' post MU

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU:
Byron Scott
James Harden
Alton Lister
Mario Bennett
Ike Diogu

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BJ Armstrong
Ronnie Lester
Greg Stokes
Roy Marble
Chris Street

Hey, I remember Chris Street, wasn't he killed in an automobile accident? I saw him play in Greensboro I believe it was the NCAA Regionals

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I remember Chris Street, wasn't he killed in an automobile accident? I saw him play in Greensboro I believe it was the NCAA Regionals

"On January 19, 1993, following a team dinner at the Highlander Inn outside of Iowa City, Street was killed when he drove his car onto the highway and collided with a snow plow. His girlfriend, Kim Vinton, was a passenger and survived the accident but was treated at a local hospital for a punctured lung and separated shoulder."

When Chris Street died, Iowa Hawkeye Men's Basketball Coach Tom Davis said "Chris represented all that is good about the Midwest and the state of Iowa. He was open, caring, honest, loving and lived life to the fullest every day."[4]

Chris Street's number 40 was retired by the University of Iowa's Men's Basketball team at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on February 6, 1993. No other Hawkeye numbers have been retired since.[5] At the end of each season, the Chris Street Award is given to the Hawkeye player or players who best exemplify the spirit, enthusiasm, and intensity of Chris Street.[6] When it was announced that the award was created shortly after Street's death in 1993, Iowa Coach Tom Davis said "We want to remember everything Chris represented. He was one of the greatest Hawkeyes of all time."[7]

On February 25, 2018, Iowa Hawkeye guard Jordan Bohannon purposely missed a free throw against the Northwestern Wildcats that would have broke Street's school record, instead tying it for 34 consecutive made free throws. After the game Bohannon spoke with reporters and said, "That's not my record to have. That record deserves to stay in his name."[8]

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Blake Stepp
2. Ronny Turiaf
3. J.P. Batista
4. Kevin Pangos
5. Richie Frahm

Honorable mention to Rui, John Rillie, Dickau, Matt Santangelo, Casey Calvary, and Brandon Clarke.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Blake Stepp
2. Ronny Turiaf
3. J.P. Batista
4. Kevin Pangos
5. Richie Frahm

Honorable mention to Rui, John Rillie, Dickau, Matt Santangelo, Casey Calvary, and Brandon Clarke.

Mike Hart is honorable mention as well.