• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 5 Favorite Players from your Program

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question, but difficult answer. Name your 5 favorite players from your favorite program, over your cheering lifetime. Mine spans from 1996 to present day. Here's my 5 favorite gophers of all-time:

1. Bobby Jackson - simply put he's the reason I am a gophers fan today. I loved the way he played the game, and the timing was perfect because this is when I started loving/watching college basketball.

2. Vincent Grier - a little off the radar to most gopher fans probably. But he gave gopher fans a hell of a ride in 2004-2005 season, when there was no expectation level what so ever. He guided the gophers to a 4th place finish in the B1G and an NCAA tournament berth.

3. Blake Hoffarber - Hit one of the most exciting shots in gophers history in the B1G tournament in 2008 against IU. Went on to have a very successful career.

4. Quincy Lewis - after Jackson probably the best Gopher player in the last 2 decades. He was just a really smooth player.

5. Damian Johnson - was not the most talented player by any means, but gave it his all every second he was on the floor. He has been loyal to the program after graduation, I would love to see him put on the coaching staff in some capacity.

Obviously for blue blood types of programs this is going to be alot harder, but give it a shot, it was a fun exercise for me.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Josh Howard- 2003 ACC POY. local product that had a huge senior season. All-Star in 2007

2. Jeff Teague- explosive player that teabagged Maryland:
3. Eric Williams. Really liked watching him play. Beefy C that just got the job done.

4. Darius Songaila- The mangler. Very skilled post player that was a little too rough for Pete Gillen's tastes.

5. Justin Gray- probably the heart and soul of the CP3 Wake teams. undersized SG that could make some big time baskets.

honorable mention: Robert O'Kelley. was my coach @ the Dave Odom basketball camp one year. lmao, that is the reason why I'm mentioning him. He was a pretty good ACC player, though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Josh Howard- 2003 ACC POY. local product that had a huge senior season. All-Star in 2007

2. Jeff Teague- explosive player that teabagged Maryland:
3. Eric Williams. Really liked watching him play. Beefy C that just got the job done.

4. Darius Songaila- The mangler. Very skilled post player that was a little too rough for Pete Gillen's tastes.

5. Justin Gray- probably the heart and soul of the CP3 Wake teams. undersized SG that could make some big time baskets.

honorable mention: Robert O'Kelley. was my coach @ the Dave Odom basketball camp one year. lmao, that is the reason why I'm mentioning him. He was a pretty good ACC player, though.

Loved Justin Gray's game. Good list. Guessing you missed out on the Duncan years?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Justin Gray's game. Good list. Guessing you missed out on the Duncan years?

yeah, but barely. i think Rodney Rogers and Randolph Childress are my favorite Deacs that I didn't watch live.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Collin Sexton - Best player we've had in the history of the program. Became an Alabama legend when he almost beat 5 Minnesota players when we were down to just 3 total players.

2. Antoine Pettway - One of my favorite players growing up, and he wore these flashy red shoes that I just thought were the shit. It's been wonderful seeing him as an assistant for the team.

3. Ernest Shelton - Led us to the farthest we've been in the NCAA tournament, when we made it to the Elite 8, only to lose to the team that would win it in UConn. Absolutely pure scorer and clutch as they come.

4. Mo Williams - Yes, only there for a year, but was the first true, quick, PG I saw in my lifetime at Alabama. I was shocked when he went Pro, but turns out that he made the right decision as his career ended up with winning at least one ring.

5. John Petty - Probably the second most talented player I've seen in Crimson (behind his teammate last year, Sexton). While Sexton was on almost all the time, Petty was a bit more sporadic. But damn, when he was hot, it was an electric atmosphere with him and Sexton. He might move up on this list after his Sophomore year in Tuscaloosa.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Collin Sexton - Best player we've had in the history of the program. Became an Alabama legend when he almost beat 5 Minnesota players when we were down to just 3 total players.

2. Antoine Pettway - One of my favorite players growing up, and he wore these flashy red shoes that I just thought were the shit. It's been wonderful seeing him as an assistant for the team.

3. Ernest Shelton - Led us to the farthest we've been in the NCAA tournament, when we made it to the Elite 8, only to lose to the team that would win it in UConn. Absolutely pure scorer and clutch as they come.

4. Mo Williams - Yes, only there for a year, but was the first true, quick, PG I saw in my lifetime at Alabama. I was shocked when he went Pro, but turns out that he made the right decision as his career ended up with winning at least one ring.

5. John Petty - Probably the second most talented player I've seen in Crimson (behind his teammate last year, Sexton). While Sexton was on almost all the time, Petty was a bit more sporadic. But damn, when he was hot, it was an electric atmosphere with him and Sexton. He might move up on this list after his Sophomore year in Tuscaloosa.

Good list for Bama. I always enjoyed watching Kennedy Winston play. He seemed like he should have been better though.

Reactions: Eco

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 BJ ARMSTRONG
2. ANDRE WOOLRIDGE
3. GREG BRUNNER
4. JESS SETTLES
5. DEVYN MARBLE

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only going to include guys I've seen play.

1) Ryan Arcidiacono - my favorite. I love heady unathletic point guards, it's what I always aspired to be. This kids passion and commitment brought a National Championship. He came in at a time when Nova recruits were trying to be one and dones and showcase their skills and turned the program around.

2) Randy Foye - That 2002 class put Villanova back on the map. And the 2006 team is my 2nd favorite team. And he was my favorite player from the group, though the others were great as well. I couldn't believe Lowry became a star and not Foye. To me, Foye was made for the NBA and Lowry was extremely limited.

3) Reggie Reading - Was one of the glue guys for the 2009 team and I never liked Scottie Reynolds. Great passer, great ball handler, great basketball IQ.

4) Jalen Brunson - greatest Nova player of all time

5) Kerry Kittles - I wasn't able to watch that many Nova games in the 90s because I was out of state and things aren't like they are now with every single freakin game being on TV and what not, but I'll put Kittles in the last spot. The fact that he played for the Nets later helps. I became a Villanova fan because they got all the recruits from NJ.

There's a lot of people I left off this list. Some pretty obvious ones, even for non-Nova fans. But these are the guys who stick out.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, not the history of the program.

They had Latrell Sprewell, Robert Horry, and James Robinson.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question, but difficult answer. Name your 5 favorite players from your favorite program, over your cheering lifetime. Mine spans from 1996 to present day. Here's my 5 favorite gophers of all-time:

1. Bobby Jackson - simply put he's the reason I am a gophers fan today. I loved the way he played the game, and the timing was perfect because this is when I started loving/watching college basketball.

2. Vincent Grier - a little off the radar to most gopher fans probably. But he gave gopher fans a hell of a ride in 2004-2005 season, when there was no expectation level what so ever. He guided the gophers to a 4th place finish in the B1G and an NCAA tournament berth.

3. Blake Hoffarber - Hit one of the most exciting shots in gophers history in the B1G tournament in 2008 against IU. Went on to have a very successful career.

4. Quincy Lewis - after Jackson probably the best Gopher player in the last 2 decades. He was just a really smooth player.

5. Damian Johnson - was not the most talented player by any means, but gave it his all every second he was on the floor. He has been loyal to the program after graduation, I would love to see him put on the coaching staff in some capacity.

Obviously for blue blood types of programs this is going to be alot harder, but give it a shot, it was a fun exercise for me.

Where's Joel Pryzbilla?!?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimmy Jackson, Michael Redd, Evan Turner, Aaron Craft, Jared Sullinger

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Line trying to pick my favorite kid.

Shabazz Napier
Kemba Walker
Emeka Okafor
Rip Hamilton
Ray Allen

It kills me leaving guys like donyell Marshall and Chris smith off my list

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's Joel Pryzbilla?!?

Haha. He never really did anything for me. He was good, but I think the fact he left early, leaves him off the list. There are a couple guys I'd put ahead of him as front court players.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. He never really did anything for me. He was good, but I think the fact he left early, leaves him off the list. There are a couple guys I'd put ahead of him as front court players.

I remember interviewing Dan Monson for an article about early entry to the draft....he was not thrilled with Rickert or Pryzbilla.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is Line trying to pick my favorite kid.

Shabazz Napier
Kemba Walker
Emeka Okafor
Rip Hamilton
Ray Allen

It kills me leaving guys like donyell Marshall and Chris smith off my list

My LEAST favorite UConn player of all time was Marcus Williams. Every time we'd get close, he'd just kill us.

He was pudgy and unathletic, but he just knew how to ball.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm only going to include guys I've seen play.

1) Ryan Arcidiacono - my favorite. I love heady unathletic point guards, it's what I always aspired to be. This kids passion and commitment brought a National Championship. He came in at a time when Nova recruits were trying to be one and dones and showcase their skills and turned the program around.

2) Randy Foye - That 2002 class put Villanova back on the map. And the 2006 team is my 2nd favorite team. And he was my favorite player from the group, though the others were great as well. I couldn't believe Lowry became a star and not Foye. To me, Foye was made for the NBA and Lowry was extremely limited.

3) Reggie Reading - Was one of the glue guys for the 2009 team and I never liked Scottie Reynolds. Great passer, great ball handler, great basketball IQ.

4) Jalen Brunson - greatest Nova player of all time

5) Kerry Kittles - I wasn't able to watch that many Nova games in the 90s because I was out of state and things aren't like they are now with every single freakin game being on TV and what not, but I'll put Kittles in the last spot. The fact that he played for the Nets later helps. I became a Villanova fan because they got all the recruits from NJ.

There's a lot of people I left off this list. Some pretty obvious ones, even for non-Nova fans. But these are the guys who stick out.

I'm just baffled by this, and that's not a shot at Foye, who I also loved.

I thought both would be NBA stars.

Lowry would've been a top 3 picks if he had Foye's size. I graded him out above Conley, and didn't get the need to take another PG when they already had Lowry in the fold. I was that high on him.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, not the history of the program.

They had Latrell Sprewell, Robert Horry, and James Robinson.

I only ranked them based on what I witnessed. I'm 32, so Sprewell, Horry and co were before my time.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember interviewing Dan Monson for an article about early entry to the draft....he was not thrilled with Rickert or Pryzbilla.

Rickert was actually pretty skilled IMO. Pryzbilla was just big, with a little athleticism, but not much. Rickert would have been so good had he stayed for his junior and senior year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rickert was actually pretty skilled IMO. Pryzbilla was just big, with a little athleticism, but not much. Rickert would have been so good had he stayed for his junior and senior year.

Instead he became a punching bag for Kevin Garnett...