• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about fucked up priorities, the story reads....

That incident involving the Cowboys specifically involves nose tackle Josh Brent.

Per multiple reports, Brent is being held on charges of intoxication manslaughter in Irving, Texas. He was booked at 4:14 a.m. local time.

As a result, Brent won’t be making the trip to Ohio for a game against the Bengals in which Brent would have played a significant role, due to the absence of Jay Ratliff, who has a groin injury.

Brent spent time in jail after a DUI arrest while in college at Illinois.

A guy dies and they seem to lament the fact that "Brent would have played a significant role, due to the absence of Jay Ratliff, who has a groin injury".

Is it me or does this seem just a bit fucked up?

beyond fucked up Boss. its down right disgusting to me. That should not even have mattered. this guy killed his teammate. man this is very Dany Heatly isnt it

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
beyond fucked up Boss. its down right disgusting to me. That should not even have mattered. this guy killed his teammate. man this is very Dany Heatly isnt it

Matt, I couldn't believe what I was reading it's fucking insane ! Jesus are the games that important that the death of a player is treated like "Oh shit, we will have a harder time winning because one of our guy's went out and got fucked up and killed a team mate and now he can't play Sunday"?

Man something is wrong here.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt, I couldn't believe what I was reading it's fucking insane ! Jesus are the games that important that the death of a player is treated like "Oh shit, we will have a harder time winning because one of our guy's went out and got fucked up and killed a team mate and now he can't play Sunday"?

Status quo for the NFL, unfortunately.

"Our star running back got convicted of drug trafficking? Well, can he serve his prison sentence in the off season so it doesn't affect our roster?"

"Sure"

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

something is very wrong when the billions of dollars of a league outweighs the importance of a life. that they are disappointed he cant be with the team 2 days after killing a person. sports and business go hand and hand but morality and sports is so fucking far apart you cant see it anymore. Im getting disillusioned very very quickly if it hasnt already hit me hard

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Status quo for the NFL, unfortunately.

"Our star running back got convicted of drug trafficking? Well, can he serve his prison sentence in the off season so it doesn't affect our roster?"

"Sure"

yep..... its true isnt it

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else is messed up? The comparatively little coverage this is getting to the KC thing. This guy essentially killed his teammate because he's an idiot, but because the guy is on the practice squad, nothing. Sheesh.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there was more going on with the KC situation, with coaches watching it, and a likely more innocent victim. But man, at least on twitter, people are having little to no sympathy.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously there was more going on with the KC situation, with coaches watching it, and a likely more innocent victim. But man, at least on twitter, people are having little to no sympathy.

Like I said, people have their priorities screwed up. The poor bastard that died was a practice squad player and not a starter. He's not a starter so no one gives a shit. They gave very little time to it on SC on ESPN.

If the situation was reversed it would be top line news you can bet the bank on that. It's the sport first and the human second practice players don't have much affect on the game.

I understand the NEWS and impact on ratings but damn !

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I don't. Just very limited mentioning from event the big names. Really only saw stuff from Dallas area people.

Example of twitt-ocity. There's a fake Hank Aaron account that I followed, RT'd because I was hopeful. Typically those are killed in about a week, so I unfollow. This jackass got up to 10k followers just so he could finally tweet the n-word in caps. People are sad creatures.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big day, Skins. Let's go RG3SUS!

5279.jpg

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah...yeahhhhhh...I like RG3...and I'm certainly cheering for him today. But yeahhhhh...hah.

Status
Not open for further replies.