• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse Spector ‏@jessespector
I can't wait until the Eagles hire Norv Turner and the Chargers hire Andy Reid.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it means you bet on straight wins, but you get paid less if you pick the favourite.
for example, if you bet 100 on a heavy favourite, you might only win 30 (of course, the 100 is at risk if you lose)

Thanks. Lol I won 4 vcash on my bet of 25.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday morning and I'm still in disbelief that the Steelers pulled it out over the Ravens with Charlie Batch at QB. I keep pinching myself but I don't wake up. It happened, right?

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is this the right thing to do? man I know the league is in a bind its not like rescheduling a game in a 82 game schedule this could be pushed to monday? I dont know it seems wrong to play this game today.

A lot of coverage on that here in Charlotte (since the Chiefs were playing the Panthers), and according to what I read the league actually left it up to the Chiefs organization to decide whether to play or postpone. Apparently the team - including the players and the coaching staff - all voted in favor of playing the game as scheduled.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Monday morning and I'm still in disbelief that the Steelers pulled it out over the Ravens with Charlie Batch at QB. I keep pinching myself but I don't wake up. It happened, right?

Charlie Batch is the greatest American hero since William Katt.

/For the youngsters out there.

Last edited by a moderator:

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to my facebook feed, it did. And it is the single greatest tragedy to ever befall humanity.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I probably should have asked Steve 'The Greek' Bossman first, but I'm taking the Skins and the points tonight (what the heck, it's only vCash).

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie Batch is the greatest American hero since William Katt.

/For the youngsters out there.

katt-williams.jpg

According to my facebook feed, it did. And it is the single greatest tragedy to ever befall humanity.

That happened last week in Cleveland. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Batch starts for the Steelers on Sunday. I want this humiliation to continue for Norv.:D:

It's one thing to get him out of SD, it's another to kick him out of football. /Overkill

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Head Coach in the NFL has done LESS with MORE than Norv during his time in S.D.. Remember he took over a team that went 14-2.

I watched the end of that game with a Charger fan friend...and man the words said for Norv. No idea what they were doing with that drive. They did well, then got in the redzone with about 30 seconds and decided to go to the end zone three times in a row, although a first down was still available. They had plenty of time to just advance the ball. Insane to me.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the end of that game with a Charger fan friend...and man the words said for Norv. No idea what they were doing with that drive. They did well, then got in the redzone with about 30 seconds and decided to go to the end zone three times in a row, although a first down was still available. They had plenty of time to just advance the ball. Insane to me.

I sat their saying the same thing. Why not try to get the first down? Their was plenty of time left & they had a timeout. The final play was a joke. Rivers had no chance of completing the pass because the WR was covered. Don't get me wrong I give A.J. Smith just as much blame as Norv. I want them both gone. Smith let far too many star players go & got absolutely nothing in return.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sat their saying the same thing. Why not try to get the first down? Their was plenty of time left & they had a timeout. The final play was a joke. Rivers had no chance of completing the pass because the WR was covered. Don't get me wrong I give A.J. Smith just as much blame as Norv. I want them both gone. Smith let far too many star players go & got absolutely nothing in return.

Absolutely true on the star players. Got nothing from that. I wanted the Chargers to win, needed Cinci to fall behind, and MAN was it frustrating watching the end of the drive. The clock wasn't even an issue at that point. With half a minute and a time out, go for the first, take the timeout and you have a few shots at a TD. Chargers are second only to the Lions in finding brutal ways to lose.

DaBoltsNIsles

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!
Lost in the ABYSS that is Islanders Hockey.
Hoopla Cash
$ 588.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely true on the star players. Got nothing from that. I wanted the Chargers to win, needed Cinci to fall behind, and MAN was it frustrating watching the end of the drive. The clock wasn't even an issue at that point. With half a minute and a time out, go for the first, take the timeout and you have a few shots at a TD. Chargers are second only to the Lions in finding brutal ways to lose.

The Chargers don't know how to finish games. The defense has played very well the past two weeks other than the Ray Rice 29 yard stunner.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers don't know how to finish games. The defense has played very well the past two weeks other than the Ray Rice 29 yard stunner.

I still contend that there were multiple bad spots on that play...that said, should NEVER have gotten to that point.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would contend that the Panthers are worse than both.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would contend that the Panthers are worse than both.

Haven't really watched them closely...but the Lions having high expectations after a postseason birth last year in addition to losing their past few in the last moments of a game, not sure there's anything worse than that.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't really watched them closely...but the Lions having high expectations after a postseason birth last year in addition to losing their past few in the last moments of a game, not sure there's anything worse than that.

Yeah, we did all expect them to suck, there's no question about that.

Couple examples from this year:

Up 28-27 on the Falcons. Have to punt the ball, downed on the Falcons 1 yard line with 1:09 remaining. Lose 30-28.

Up 19-7 vs. the Bears with 7 minutes left, manage to fall behind 20-19 when Bears get touchdowns on consecutive plays - an offensive pass TD followed by an INT returned for a TD. Manage to retake lead 22-20 with 2:27 left. Lose 23-22 on a last play FG.

Up 21-10 on Tampa with 6 minutes left. 21-13 with a field goal. Then TB goes 80 yards in 50 seconds to get the TD. Successful 2 point conversion. Carolina loses coin toss, Bucs score TD on first drive of OT to win.

Altogether, I think they've had a lead in the 4th quarter of 6 of their 9 losses.

I guess we'll really find out who's the worst though in two weeks when the Panthers play the Chargers. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.