• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obligatory.

moran.jpg

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Vince Young the QB whose mom always came to his defense?

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I scored a 3 on how many licks it takes to get the center of a Tootsie-Roll pop.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Sound FX': Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman and San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree clash - NFL Videos

I cant imagine being crabtree and losing like that and 5 seconds later after your season ends the opposing player that you have battled (all year) runs to you even to wish you well. emotion is powerful winning, even more powerful losing. sherman should have waited but I think the whole thing is way overblown

the fox deportes guy was first on the scene ... "How do jou feel about going to Super bowl in New Jork?"

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make it sound so odd that there are fans of them in Canada. Have they taken a gander at a map?

true ... they make it seem like its new ... which im sure a small part of it is ... but even in the days when they were on the verge of moving to LA, they had a season ticket drive in Vancouver

I think a better angle would be looking at the popularity of the Seahawks ACROSS canada ... which I think a large part of that comes from our TV dish and cable companies carrying Seattle tv stations across canada as part of their US timeshifting options

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true ... they make it seem like its new ... which im sure a small part of it is ... but even in the days when they were on the verge of moving to LA, they had a season ticket drive in Vancouver

I think a better angle would be looking at the popularity of the Seahawks ACROSS canada ... which I think a large part of that comes from our TV dish and cable companies carrying Seattle tv stations across canada as part of their US timeshifting options

Exactly, that would be interesting. But Vancouver and Seattle essentially share teams. I'm sure Seattle has a large Canuck following, just like Vancouver has Seahawks/Mariners.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, that would be interesting. But Vancouver and Seattle essentially share teams. I'm sure Seattle has a large Canuck following, just like Vancouver has Seahawks/Mariners.

I dont think its as reciprocal a relationship ... different sports and schedule plays a role but canucks dont have over 10% of their gameday tickets purchased by people from seattle

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember channel surfing and landing on komo-tv news once as they were doing a story on a recent massive powerball draw and the reporter asked random seattle dude what he would do if he won powerball and he said he would buy canucks season tickets ... lol ... random ...

they kicked it back to the anchors and you could see they had the "what the fuck are those" look on their face

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to double down on misery, eh? ;)

(says the miserable DC sports fan who also pulls for Cleveland teams :L )

I was in Seattle in 2001 when the Mariners won 116 games that season (of course, they lost in the playoffs), but that was a fun season.

/Of course, I'm a tier 2 fan, so I don't really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.