• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he hinders him at about the 10 yard line. If he would have been looking for the ball I am not sure it ever gets called.

He did not call him for anything until in the end zone. That is why the ball was placed at the one yard line. If he called something at the 10 the ball would have been at the 10.

dboy97

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would know better than me. When I heard "Patriots benefit from iffy call" earlier I expected to be angry when I saw it. This one just doesn't bug me.

It bugs the hell out of me

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%, The college call is better like he said it's a very stiff penalty to pay esp if it's close as that one was.

If its just a 15 yard penalty like in college, doesn't it behoove a player to interfere more on long passes that he might not otherwise interfere on? IE if its a 50 yard pass and the defender thinks it might get caught, just tackle the receiver before he catches it. It will save 35 yards.

I don't know if this happens in college, I haven't seen a college game in many years.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its just a 15 yard penalty like in college, doesn't it behoove a player to interfere more on long passes that he might not otherwise interfere on? IE if its a 50 yard pass and the defender thinks it might get caught, just tackle the receiver before he catches it. It will save 35 yards.

You see players in the NFL do this from time to time if they know they are going to get burned on the play.

I just saw someone do it in a game last week. He knew the receiver was going to get by him for the TD, so he grabbed him.

But on long passes like that, the ball is placed at the spot of the foul.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if this happens in college, I haven't seen a college game in many years.

I see your point but it's the toughest penalty you can get (yard wise) and if the call is questionable it's a damn stiff price to play for refs discretionary call.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how in the same day we had a record setting field goal of 64 yards and a game in which the teams involved combined for eight touchdowns and a single extra point attempt.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington could use a guy like Shane Falco...

LOL! Yeah, Cousins played the end of the Skins-Chiefs Prejudice Bowl on Sunday.

That movie always cracked me up because it was a Washington team but so many of the shots were very blatantly Baltimore. But hey - gotta love those "cheerleaders." ;)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much (or any) of this is Dan Snyder's fault, but it seems like he is meddling again more behind the scenes than we know.

Here is what I do know of Snyder for sure - we've won dick since he took over and that doesn't seem like it's going to change anytime soon.

Please Nats and Caps do something. It freakin' sucks being a sports fan in this town.

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really don't agree with sitting him. I just think it's going to cause more problems for a team that is already in trouble, and it's going to cause the locker room to be divided. Not to mention the blow to RGIII's confidence, and how he's looked at as a leader on the team. The Skins gave up A LOT to get him, and to do something like this now, is bascially saying they made the wrong choice in their Franchise QB.

And for Shanahan to say that he's going to sit him even though he's "100% healthy" is very telling. Obviously he knows that he might not be back as HC next year, and it's no secret that he and RGIII don't get along all that well. RGIII also doesn't get along with his son either. I think Shanahan may be trying to stick it to him a little bit for publicly being critical of him and his son?

Perhaps the Skins can reach out to Adrian Peterson, and find out what his secret is for healing a knee?

I could be wrong, but that is just how I view the whole thing. Either way, the Skins are in for some hard times and decisions.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Dallas!

Needed them to win tonight, both for Detroit's sake and my vcash. And what do they do? They get fucking steamrolled.

I've seen broccoli put up a stiffer fight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-1 in fantasy! Scored in the top 2 in half the weeks, and only out of the top half twice.

My first round opponent was 5-9 and may have lost its highest scoring player.

I will be shamefaced if I don't at least make the finals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About thyme someone said it. I carrot believe no one has thought this way before. I was honestly going to say something about this before today, but you beet me to it.

Don't be such an asparagus. Can't you see he's squashed?

Status
Not open for further replies.