• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

too soon for an NFL thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A first rounder on the headcase Harvin=overpaying.

A sixth rounder for Anquan Boldin=steal.

Not a good idea Baltimore.

I agree with you. Its a cap move not a trade for equal value. If he wasnt going to take a pay cut he was going to be cut, so a 6th round is better than nothing. Maybe.

I think they should have found the cap relief elsewhere.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something, is there something going on with the cap this year that's making this seem like a crazier year for free agency than usual? I feel like there are more buyouts than usual, higher quality of free agents etc. Is there a reason for this or am I just crazy?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. Its a cap move not a trade for equal value. If he wasnt going to take a pay cut he was going to be cut, so a 6th round is better than nothing. Maybe.

I think they should have found the cap relief elsewhere.

He really made Flacco the postseason success he was. Boldin was the guy reeling in catches that he had no business reeling in. Just astonished that a 6th is all you guys got. I had a feeling a trade was coming, but after this afternoon and the Harvin move, this seems silly. Of course, I think Seattle is crazy giving up their first. Harvin is talented, but man he seems to have a lot of issues. Also, this makes SF scary good. AND they have a ton of picks. Watch out for them for the next 5 or so years (if Kaepernick wasn't a fluke).

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something, is there something going on with the cap this year that's making this seem like a crazier year for free agency than usual? I feel like there are more buyouts than usual, higher quality of free agents etc. Is there a reason for this or am I just crazy?

I'm not sure. I think some of this has to do with the cap (wasn't there a bit of a cushion following the lockout? Maybe?), but it does seem a lot more active. Heck, two big trades in one day never happens. TRADES never happen in the NFL. Such a develop your talent league (which is why SEA giving up their first is dangerous to me). That said, my team is never, ever, ever, evereverever going to be involved in free agency. Because they don't like it for some reason.

In Steelers related news: looks like Wallace is taking his talents to South Beach. Have fun. Here's some stick 'em. Enjoy not having a QB. You're going to fade into anonymity.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really made Flacco the postseason success he was. Boldin was the guy reeling in catches that he had no business reeling in. Just astonished that a 6th is all you guys got. I had a feeling a trade was coming, but after this afternoon and the Harvin move, this seems silly. Of course, I think Seattle is crazy giving up their first. Harvin is talented, but man he seems to have a lot of issues. Also, this makes SF scary good. AND they have a ton of picks. Watch out for them for the next 5 or so years (if Kaepernick wasn't a fluke).

I wont completely agree. Boldin was fantastic in the postseason, but even not being a huge Flacco believer I think he was great as well. I wont argue with you though.

Maybe the Harbaugh brothers worked something out. I know they preferred a trade so they could remove the whole 6 million from the cap. Not sure if they could have gotten more.

I dont think so, at least not as far as I know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely love Harvin going to Seattle. NFL better watch out for the Seahawks next year.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely love Harvin going to Seattle. NFL better watch out for the Seahawks next year.

He has to stay healthy though. If so, I love this trade. I think we have a good mix of guys to keep him from being to much of a headache (pun intended).

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I do really like the Boldin trade.

Pulse of the facebooks and the twitters;

This is both the worst thing that has ever happened to Baltimore and more proof that the Ravens GM is clearly a time traveling leprechaun who never makes a mistake.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers signed Plax for another year. I don't mind that one bit. Need to pick up a WR in the draft though with Wallace gone. Still no idea why they haven't resigned Lewis. Huge loss if he goes.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers signed Plax for another year. I don't mind that one bit. Need to pick up a WR in the draft though with Wallace gone. Still no idea why they haven't resigned Lewis. Huge loss if he goes.

I want Wallace gone so bad. We need to start moving away from that "Young Money" piece of crap mentality. I'm always going to be a Steelers fan, but I cannot stand divas. Celebrating when we're down? Really?

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have cap issues.

Big time. I really hate the NFL cap. Honestly their system is general is screwy. I just don't fully understand the franchise tags/tenders/dead$$ stuff. All I know is that they're under, but barely. And I have no idea how that is beyond previous years of restructuring. We've lost players but gained cap hit, no idea. Wallace, Colon, Harrison all gone, restructured Ben/Woodley contracts, kept Plax and Foote on at low hits. They're managing, but man they need to have a killer draft.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want Wallace gone so bad. We need to start moving away from that "Young Money" piece of crap mentality. I'm always going to be a Steelers fan, but I cannot stand divas. Celebrating when we're down? Really?

Wallace was the head of that too. I think the WRs missed Hines a lot. He was everything a Steeler was, old school. I think Brown and Sanders along with Plax will be fine. Need another vet or a draft though.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace was the head of that too. I think the WRs missed Hines a lot. He was everything a Steeler was, old school. I think Brown and Sanders along with Plax will be fine. Need another vet or a draft though.

If the Steelers could, I'd pay Welker. That could have been huge for the youngsters. It's hard to have cap space after having so many players with multiple Super Bowl titles on their resume though. Ugh...

Status
Not open for further replies.