• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Too Nice"... Draft Grades for each team...

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grading any draft immediately after it occurs is useless. Grade them a few years down the road. Back when there were sports, I played in a fantasy baseball league (it was a game where you picked real players to form a pretend team and used their actual performance to gain points in contests against your friends). Anyhoo...every year, you’d get a draft grade right after the draft completed and it was always completely wrong. You don’t know until they play.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Chargers were always planning on trading back into the first round, they could've gotten Wills or Simmons with their first pick and then traded back into the first round for Love or Herbert.

If the Chargers don't take Herbert then he probably falls.

The reality is that whoever hits on their QB whether its the Packers, Chargers, Dolphins or Bengals then they win the draft.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grading any draft immediately after it occurs is useless. Grade them a few years down the road. Back when there were sports, I played in a fantasy baseball league (it was a game where you picked real players to form a pretend team and used their actual performance to gain points in contests against your friends). Anyhoo...every year, you’d get a draft grade right after the draft completed and it was always completely wrong. You don’t know until they play.
actually grading a draft right after it happens is the most legit thing to do.
This is what everyone is thinking at the time of the draft. Not using hindsight after the facts.
Yes no one will know how it turns out until 3 or so years down the road, but at that point you are grading how it turned out. To me that is two different things.

Right now everyone is grading you on your (the GM) decision making on what is known right now. Now there might be some crazy picks that vindicated years from now, but lets say if Derek Brown turns into a flop a few years from now.
That doesnt make the GM that took him dumb or made a huge mistake. All the GMs thought the same thing. he was gonna be a sure thing. The other GMs just werent in position to get him. so it doesnt make the other GMs smarter than the one that ended up with him.

So I think you need/compare both.

Grades right after a draft & look back at it years later.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
img01.jpg

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody is a winner in the off season
Just ask the NFL

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

I don't think everyone had a B or better draft but I can't think of a team that had a hilariously bad one either. The 1st round by-and-large didn't have any real off-the-wall head scratchers.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. If Jordan Love turns out to be a stud along the lines of Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre and extends the reign of high-level QB play in Green Bay to around 45 years then this draft will look great for them. Other teams that didn't address needs with lesser players in favor of drafting some cornerstones of their teams will end up having great drafts after getting a "C" grade.

The whole draft grade thing is purely designed to make the draft like a game. You gotta have winners and losers otherwise no one will watch or care about it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. If Jordan Love turns out to be a stud along the lines of Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre and extends the reign of high-level QB play in Green Bay to around 45 years then this draft will look great for them. Other teams that didn't address needs with lesser players in favor of drafting some cornerstones of their teams will end up having great drafts after getting a "C" grade.

The whole draft grade thing is purely designed to make the draft like a game. You gotta have winners and losers otherwise no one will watch or care about it.

Suit yourself, Chicago gets an F

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only year I ever won my fantasy football league(haven’t played in a few years) my post draft grade was a C-.

I understand it though. I drafter 3 QBs. All 3 ended the year too 5, but I wound up loading up after trading Kurt Warner and Aaron Rodgers and still had the Broncos version of Jay Cutler.