• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doom and Gloom Draft grades

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a B.

Walter gave Forbes a B
Martin B+
Stromberg D
Daniels B
Henry B+
Rodriguez B-
Jones C+

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am giving them a B - draft grade

stick figure was overdrafted and I feel gonzo was the better value C+

quan I give the player B+ I give the totality of picking 2 dbs early overkill C

stromberg B+ he should be a starter by next season

Daniels B+ good value and possibly a sleeper

Henry A- 77th rated player at 137 is great value

Jones C+ he is a 7th rounder who could get LB time

I think they did better late . I feel like they didnt address the 28th offense enough to help Howell

the worst thing for us is to have this defense take 6 games to gel

the next question is did we do better then the eagles , boys and giants ? As it stands now I see us 1-5 in those games subject to change

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they did better late . I feel like they didnt address the 28th offense enough to help Howell

the next question is did we do better then the eagles , boys and giants ? As it stands now I see us 1-5 in those games subject to change

you forgot Rodriguez. lol

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What is he talking about? Cb and Buffalo nickel were big needs going into this draft. that's why they were addressed in Rounds 1 and 2. Everyone forgets the snaps McCann played for this team last year. I can understand why people are down on Forbes but the productivity in the SEC trumps his weight.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a B.

Walter gave Forbes a B
Martin B+
Stromberg D
Daniels B
Henry B+
Rodriguez B-
Jones C+

Nice post. I find that pundits are all ove the place with the Stromberg pick. From D to A. At the press conference RR said he want Daniels to be an OT. This might push Lucas out the door.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on skindsdad they did not draft to help Howell .. well they was not going to draft a Wr they Added Wylie ,Gates ,Stromberg, Daniel's now we can debate if they are good or not but saying we did not help Howells is ludicrous for crying out loud we even hired a New OC EB I don't know what else we could have done draft Wr Niziba would that help Howell ...

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on skindsdad they did not draft to help Howell .. well they was not going to draft a Wr they Added Wylie ,Gates ,Stromberg, Daniel's now we can debate if they are good or not but saying we did not help Howells is ludicrous for crying out loud we even hired a New OC EB I don't know what else we could have done draft Wr Niziba would that help Howell ...

i agree to some point but i think skinsdad meant starting players from the draft. For example drafting Kincaid at 16. Stromberg has the only chance to start at LG from the draft. but you are right they did bring in two oline starters from FA and got EB. When the top 4 Ot's went they couldnt draft an OG at 16 so we went defense which made sense

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will add more June 1 cuts and after draft cuts .. did they do enough to help Howells overall yes 4 new lineman we already got 3 WRs a new OC .. maybe we get lucky on some UDFA guys .. I told you guys like 3 times RR don't gives a shit about winning now now now he will approach the draft like he is going be here long term he can care less if he gets fired. But do agree with Kiem who said some the picks might not make since now but it will make since down the road either kiem said that or RR did .. I just hope the new owner fires Mayhew and Hearny I can live with RR and Jackass del Rio I like most of the Scouts as well .. but I think it RR last year anyways because if EB does good as a owner you you really need to Fire RR and Hire EB

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a offensevive system can make a player better or Worse .. the guy went off on Mel kiper and Mel kind of agreed system fits are important maybe just Maybe the TEs we got on Roster will flourish under EB system who knows if Mahomes went to less say The Browns would he be who he is now ?? . SYSTEM matters. Maybe that TE we drafted last year become a Beast under EB I know I know is wishful thinking and big maybe but it happens all the time.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eb has said numerous times the Offense is going be moving faster .. what the fuck is that going to do to a 6,8 360 pound Tackle he would have his hands on his hips after 8 playes lol . Our Defense got better and if score more points under EB the equals more Wins guys is not rocket science you cant just say defense is fine then focus on offense .. Chiefs lost Wylie and who was there first pick a DE in what round did the Chiefs address Wylie loss ?? They did not panic and say omg we doomed there

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious on what Kiper said about our draft. He really liked the Forbes and Martin picks when he was on TV on ESPn. I watched it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it!

Kiper’s grades are in, and for the Washington Commanders, it’s a positive grade.

Ahead of the draft, Kiper listed Washington’s needs as CB, G/C, OT, QB and TE. Kiper gave Washington a “B” for its efforts.

Here’s his analysis:

So the Commanders really are going to go into the season with Sam Howell and Jacoby Brissett as their quarterbacks, huh? They passed on Will Levis and Hendon Hooker. I would have done differently, but at least I liked who they added in Round 1. I’ve been calling cornerback Emmanuel Forbes (16) this draft’s “Splendid Splinter” because of his frame. He’s a very thin 6-foot-1, 166 pounds. All he does is make plays, though. He had six pick-sixes and 14 total interceptions in his college career. He should play early and often in Washington.
The Commanders went back to the secondary in Round 2, picking my fourth-ranked safety Jartavius Martin (47), who played a lot as a nickel. They ranked 26th in takeaways last season (18), so they went all-in on needs. They also added two interior linemen with their next two picks. I thought they reached a round for Ricky Stromberg (97), but the four-year starter is sound technically. Braeden Daniels (118) is light on his feet but undersized; he’s my seventh-ranked guard.

The quarterback question likely will linger into 2024, and I’m not sure Washington hit all of its needs outside of the secondary with this class.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the TEs we got on Roster will flourish under EB system who knows
It sounds silly to say this cuz it could falsely imply no other Skins fans want it, but that's my hope as well. And while their play was very limited last year and they both got banged up as well. To me both Turner n Rogers looked like they had some game on the few times their numbers were called. I also wouldn't be surprised if RR was just flat out scared to play em till it was too late really......same way he was scared to play Howell even though he presented the better chance for success at least imo.

The good thing about this year is or at least it should be is RR can't afford to be be scared. Other than the Philly game where I'd wager the staff felt the only way to have a shot at winning was keeping the ball from Philly's offense. Hence the ball control/going for it on 4th dn like they did.
Ron coached scared and Turner play-calling was just ridiculous at times.

I hate to say this but in a way I'm hoping RR is his same ol' self when it comes to coaching this year. That would pretty much guarantee he's gone well before the 2024 season rolls around. The kink in that armor though is if that's the case. Chances might be EB doesn't look too good either.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way get a top qb next year is finish dead last .. Arizona as 7 picks in the Top 100 lol they got the ammo to do anything there

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds silly to say this cuz it could falsely imply no other Skins fans want it, but that's my hope as well. And while their play was very limited last year and they both got banged up as well. To me both Turner n Rogers looked like they had some game on the few times their numbers were called. I also wouldn't be surprised if RR was just flat out scared to play em till it was too late really......same way he was scared to play Howell even though he presented the better chance for success at least imo.

The good thing about this year is or at least it should be is RR can't afford to be be scared. Other than the Philly game where I'd wager the staff felt the only way to have a shot at winning was keeping the ball from Philly's offense. Hence the ball control/going for it on 4th dn like they did.
Ron coached scared and Turner play-calling was just ridiculous at times.

I hate to say this but in a way I'm hoping RR is his same ol' self when it comes to coaching this year. That would pretty much guarantee he's gone well before the 2024 season rolls around. The kink in that armor though is if that's the case. Chances might be EB doesn't look too good either.
It's all about EB like I said if skins offense is good. Eb will get head coaching Job but at the Sametime the new owner sees Mcvay and Shannahan and the GB guy .. so the New owner has to really think do we keep RR or do fire RR and Hire EB . ITS Ron's last year no matter what really and I think he knows it . Ron can always step down do to health reason but remain on staff .. but I don't want a totally blow up start all over type deal Hire EB he can continue the offense and have RR the front office Hire the Defenseive guy etc etc idk

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree to some point but i think skinsdad meant starting players from the draft. For example drafting Kincaid at 16. Stromberg has the only chance to start at LG from the draft. but you are right they did bring in two oline starters from FA and got EB. When the top 4 Ot's went they couldnt draft an OG at 16 so we went defense which made sense
We brought in a C with a broken leg and. RT who gave up 9 sacks

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about EB like I said if skins offense is good. Eb will get head coaching Job but at the Sametime the new owner sees Mcvay and Shannahan and the GB guy .. so the New owner has to really think do we keep RR or do fire RR and Hire EB . ITS Ron's last year no matter what really and I think he knows it . Ron can always step down do to health reason but remain on staff .. but I don't want a totally blow up start all over type deal Hire EB he can continue the offense and have RR the front office Hire the Defenseive guy etc etc idk
As long as RR has no juice to pull rank on anyone concerning the draft, trades, player personnel etc I'd be OK with that.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give this draft an F-.

I spent several weeks researching all of the players in the draft and cannot for the life of me figure out the sheer stupidity of the draft picks the redskins took.

Gonzalez should have been the cb pick in the first and it wasnt, which just proves that I was right and the skins were wrong.

At literally every draft pick position the skins took a player that I slotted as worse than who was available.

EB wanted the center badly, as well as the rb? Well, he’s wrong. I’m right.

I’ve done my research.

It should also be noted that I think that the commanders based on this draft will go 0-9 in the division. Yes, they only play six games within the division, but because they didnt take gonzalez when I said they should, and because I feel as though the giants, cowboys, and eagles all got A+++’s in their drafts, the beatdowns the skins will take will be so bad as to hurt next year’s team.

F-, an 0-67 record over the next 36 games, and nothing but misery for all.