• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too impatient?

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just curious what your opinions are on this.

I started my first dynasty league on Sleeper this year and eventually the 12-team league filled up. 9 days ago I posted a question to the league that I wanted responses to from everyone and stated such. Within a day 5 of the teams responded but after two days 6 still had not so I pm'd them and as I write this, 6 days later, those six have still not responded nor have they been active in the chat as the other six of us have. Even though we're still 12 days out from the draft I'm already thinking about possibly needing to replace them for inactivity. A couple of the other owners think I'm jumping the gun on that.

Do you all think I'm being too impatient or am I right to be thinking about cutting them loose?

Mark

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I started my first dynasty league on Sleeper this year and eventually the 12-team league filled up. 9 days ago I posted a question to the league that I wanted responses to from everyone and stated such. Within a day 5 of the teams responded but after two days 6 still had not so I pm'd them and as I write this, 6 days later, those six have still not responded nor have they been active in the chat as the other six of us have. Even though we're still 12 days out from the draft I'm already thinking about possibly needing to replace them for inactivity. A couple of the other owners think I'm jumping the gun on that.

Do you all think I'm being too impatient or am I right to be thinking about cutting them loose?

Mark

i do think you may be a little too impatient... but this is all dependent on how easy it is to replace those owners..

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do think you may be a little too impatient... but this is all dependent on how easy it is to replace those owners..
Well half the team owners are people I know personally outside of FFB and the other half are people who joined after I made the league public. I did that only after posting here and to all my Facebook friends and family to try to fill the league that way with little luck. Having said all that it's pretty clear that anyone who I removed from the league is going to be replaced by someone from the public so that's as hit and miss as it gets.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well half the team owners are people I know personally outside of FFB and the other half are people who joined after I made the league public. I did that only after posting here and to all my Facebook friends and family to try to fill the league that way with little luck. Having said all that it's pretty clear that anyone who I removed from the league is going to be replaced by someone from the public so that's as hit and miss as it gets.
Well if they r folks u know not responding. Kick them.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are not being impatient enough....9 days. I would give them 9 hours then give them the boot. I'm not putting up with not responding in 9 days...kinda ridiculous

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this a money league?? Have they paid??

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mark

like you said, replacements will be random…

as far as the non response… nine days is ridiculous for new owners for a new league less than two weeks before the draft. (ridiculous for any time if you are serious enough to be in a league)

but this is why public sucks

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if this is a league of a bunch of strangers good luck getting all to be active :suds:
:10: :agree:
I have been playing in a few leagues with the same friends for 20 years and about half are not the best communicators.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boot and cycle, from what I understand, it takes a few rounds to find some good guys on the public side of Sleeper, but they are out there.

a lot of them are in 30-40 leagues though, gets kinda ridiculous at that point, imo

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like you said, replacements will be random…

as far as the non response… nine days is ridiculous for new owners for a new league less than two weeks before the draft. (ridiculous for any time if you are serious enough to be in a league)

but this is why public sucks
I agree with you on your sentiment about public leagues but I admittedly took that chance. My only other option was to not attempt the league at all. I tried to get people I already knew but that only ended up being five other people who were interested in doing this. It is what it is, I'll attempt to league and if it doesn't work because of some team owners just sucking that bad then so be it.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on your sentiment about public leagues but I admittedly took that chance. My only other option was to not attempt the league at all. I tried to get people I already knew but that only ended up being five other people who were interested in doing this. It is what it is, I'll attempt to league and if it doesn't work because of some team owners just sucking that bad then so be it.

stick around the fantasy boards here if that league goes tits up, usually a few chances to jump into dynasty or extra leagues here

ZepTepi

Factorem fata mea
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stick around the fantasy boards here if that league goes tits up, usually a few chances to jump into dynasty or extra leagues here
I used to be in the now-defunct Monsters League here and would love to play in another league here again someday.