• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too early to talk about draft

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prefer we stay away from both in round 1

I would prefer they stay away from all the QB's in the 1st round. Even if Young or Stroud is available. Young locks onto one WR and doesn't go through progression and when he DOES it's SUPER slow. Stroud is just always taking to long on his reads also and slow progression. Both seem to not read defenses well or not believe what they see so they tend to stick on their targets too long. At least thats how it feels to me because of the super slow progression.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still wake up in the middle of the night seeing Josh Jacobs make our defense look like a junior high team!!! DEFENSE!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, we need defense, we were getting physically dominated upfront last year, we addressed some in free agency BUT we need more, because we were really bad vs the run last year, VERY bad …

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, we need defense, we were getting physically dominated upfront last year, we addressed some in free agency BUT we need more, because we were really bad vs the run last year, VERY bad …

Exactly right. Too many people want the sexy QB and are completely ignoring how bad our run defense was last year. And our pass rush was inconsistent to say the least.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the Seahawks do? A QB or Carter will fracture the fan base, Will Anderson or Tyree Wilson are picks the fanbase would be fine with even if it wasn't their first personal desire. Some other player than a QB, Anderson, Wilson, or Carter would be shocking but you never know with the Seahawks.
With 10 picks and 4 in the first two rounds, the defense can be addressed without the #5 pick being a defender despite some insisting that is impossible. Does anyone remember the last time a DT was taken top 5? Been a long while at the very least and is sort of rare.

Edit: It was 2017—-Solomon Thomas, DT unfortunately he was a bust at pick 4.

Last edited:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What will the Seahawks do? A QB or Carter will fracture the fan base, Will Anderson or Tyree Wilson are picks the fanbase would be fine with even if it wasn't their first personal desire. Some other player than a QB, Anderson, Wilson, or Carter would be shocking but you never know with the Seahawks.
With 10 picks and 4 in the first two rounds, the defense can be addressed without the #5 pick being a defender despite some insisting that is impossible. Does anyone remember the last time a DT was taken top 5? Been a long while at the very least and is sort of rare.

In the last 15 drafts, there have been 4 DTs taken in the top 5.

Quinnen Williams
Marcel Dareus
Ndamukong Suh
Gerald McCoy

Everyone one of them has at least one All-Pro award.

In fairness, Glenn Dorsey was drafted 5th in the 2008 draft. He had a pretty solid career but not a pro bowler.

Even if you expand to DTs taken in the top 15, the history is pretty darn strong. There are some duds but the hit rate is pretty darn good.

I really hope that they take the guy that they feel is the best pick regardless of how the fan base will react.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last decade only 2 in the top 5. Kind of similar to RBs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last decade only 2 in the top 5. Kind of similar to RBs.

Generally speaking top 5 picks are almost always QBs, DEs, CBs, and OTs. Handful of RBs and WRs. No TEs. 1 Guard. No Centers. No true LBs. No safeties.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally speaking top 5 picks are almost always QBs, DEs, CBs, and OTs. Handful of RBs and WRs. No TEs. 1 Guard. No Centers. No true LBs. No safeties.
Yes, generally the positions that are considered premium. Exceptions are made for a generational talent, one with the tape, stats and who doesn't come with red flags.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors say levis is going #1

I am loving the building hype on Will Levis & Anthony Richardson. It would be a boon for the Hawks if both go in the top 5, but I would even settle for 1 of 2; it wouldn't surprise me that much if Levis ends up #1 overall if Chicago trades out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Hawks !!! I’m pumped for this, this is where it starts !

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, generally the positions that are considered premium. Exceptions are made for a generational talent, one with the tape, stats and who doesn't come with red flags.

Exceptions are made when there is a player of exceptional value in a non-standard position. It's up to the coaches to determine this.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno is Geno and he will not be better than he was last year. The same maybe MAYBE but I doubt it because he wont be as lucky. He is middle of the pack QB with no high side, he is 33 years old. I think All the guys i mention will be quality starters ( Not super stars ) with a possible higher ceiling than Geno. I actually believe Tune will have a successful NFL career.

O'Connell there is just this grit to him I like. Go watch some of his games and i think you will understand. He plays his heart out.
Fair call. Reason I like Geno's contract is I don't think he'll hit the incentives that are put into it, which makes it a bargain IMO.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair call. Reason I like Geno's contract is I don't think he'll hit the incentives that are put into it, which makes it a bargain IMO.

Yeah I like it when they hit players with that ego based contract. The player feels like " I can do that and better thats money in the bag". I get it that pro athletes have to be confident and I like when teams play that against them for the betterment of the team and salary cap lol.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of us debating QB, DL to be our first round picks were moot after all... Funny that neither happened after we all had our heart/mind set on that... Crazy how unpredictable our FO can be with these drafts...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some other player than a QB, Anderson, Wilson, or Carter would be shocking but you never know with the Seahawks.

all of us debating QB, DL to be our first round picks were moot after all... Funny that neither happened after we all had our heart/mind set on that... Crazy how unpredictable our FO can be with these drafts...
Yup this Front Office has their own unique rankings and views needs in a different light than the fanbase. Happy they didn't reach and got value through the draft.