• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Too Big to Fail?

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, you're just another dipshit wanting to tell people how to live their lives.

Carry on, Karen.
Says the guy who comes in the middle of a thread and has nothing to contribute. Carryon internet tough guy. Another Richard Cranium. Live your life.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need some perspective, the media has politicized the virus and has everyone scared to death, even though there are much greater threats out there. 15 people died of drug overdoses in Franklin county ohio yesterday, 0 from covid. TB killed more people worldwide last month than covid totally. We all take risks for money every day, driving to and from work, doing our jobs, etc. If the players have a condition that puts them at risk, let them choose to play or give them another year. Of course cases are going up, people are out moving around and there is more testing going on. The greatest risk to young football players is the game itself, not the virus!!!! I would love to see the B12 not come out with a conference only schedule, let the others do it, then sue the other leagues for damages!!! We have to live our lives, the virus is not going anywhere, will be there waiting whenever we start things up again, cowering in the house is not life!!
Amen,

remember when this end of times virus spread like wildfire all over the country in every nook , killed everybody who was "essential" back in March/April when we were going about our lives with no masks or gowns or eye goggles or rubber nose plugs or moonshine hand sanitizer or media stat hysteria?

Yea me neither.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah, blah, blah... If you've got 8 kids and are working at McDonalds you're not too bright. I take it that you shared that sentiment from experience.

My point stands, you weren't asking a question, but rather trying to prop yourself up as some sort of noble person. Meanwhile, you're just another dipshit wanting to tell people how to live their lives.

Carry on, Karen.

I got some ASSHAT from Idaho given me shizza??:laugh3::laugh3:..well...:welcome:

If you don't think some of these kids DON't come from horrific backgrounds and don't feel pressure to find the lottery ticket to get their peeps out of hell hole?..well I know you may not connect since I can't imagine there is a single person of color in your state unless they get recruited to play football...:fap:

And can't comeback with a throw away line better than Carry On Karen......gotta believe you just maybe Joe Exotic chiming in from prison,,

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen,

remember when this end of times virus spread like wildfire all over the country in every nook , killed everybody who was "essential" back in March/April when we were going about our lives with no masks or gowns or eye goggles or rubber nose plugs or moonshine hand sanitizer or media stat hysteria?

Yea me neither.

‘This all day!

I cannot believe all of the pussies being admitted to hospitals in FL, TX and AZ. ICU beds are being filled by these pussies when there are real patients with true acute problems who should be admitted instead.

Let the virus burn through the Sun Belt like a wildfire. Those fuckers lost the Civil War and they be whining like a bunch of losers ever since.

Fuck them pussies!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘This all day!

I cannot believe all of the pussies being admitted to hospitals in FL, TX and AZ. ICU beds are being filled by these pussies when there are real patients with true acute problems who should be admitted instead.

Let the virus burn through the Sun Belt like a wildfire. Those fuckers lost the Civil War and they be whining like a bunch of losers ever since.

Fuck them pussies!

Is that like that Fucken Fuck of A Governor in NY, whined liked a little cry baby Bitch about Rhode Island And Florida wanting them Fuckers from NY to self quarantine for 14 days back then, threatened a Fucken lawsuit......But now wants to require Certain People to quarantine before entering NY?? Them Fucken Yanks all went south for Memorial Day and infested the south......lol not really sure about that but this sure has become one Fucked Up Year, Hell my kids school year has been Fucked with the last 3 years in WV, She starts High School this year, think about this poor class graduating this year may have their entire high school years fucked. Country is going to be like the movie Idiocracy

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that like that Fucken Fuck of A Governor in NY, whined liked a little cry baby Bitch about Rhode Island And Florida wanting them Fuckers from NY to self quarantine for 14 days back then, threatened a Fucken lawsuit......But now wants to require Certain People to quarantine before entering NY?? Them Fucken Yanks all went south for Memorial Day and infested the south......lol not really sure about that but this sure has become one Fucked Up Year, Hell my kids school year has been Fucked with the last 3 years in WV, She starts High School this year, think about this poor class graduating this year may have their entire high school years fucked. Country is going to be like the movie Idiocracy

Cuomo had to deal with the virus coming into his state from Europe because our stupid fucking president didn’t know that China and Italy Have a love fest going on, and the virus did a rampage through Italy before they closed down.

It was too late for NY... because our country wasn’t ready to test for the virus, and it spread through the northeast before anyone could get it slowed down.

But, them stupid ass fuckers down south knew what the virus did, and knew how damn contagious it was. They watched on mainstream media as the cameras showed hospitals packed to the max... doctors and nurses crying about how many dying patients they treated. Doctors and nurses dying because our stupid fucking country couldn’t secure enough PPE to protect them.

Now... those stupid fucking idiots down south are letting the same shit happen to them.

And, those stupid fuckers have nobody to blame but themselves. I don’t give a fuck if any of them wear a fucking mask. Let all of them stupid fuckers die.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ....Major League Baseball Shits the Bed the in the very first week of games due to Covid19......baseball from what I remember is a NON CONTACT sport for the majority...NFL has officially canceled all Pre-Season Games.

TEXAS. FLORIDA, CALIFORNIA among 20 other states on the rise for infection..

Tell me again how they play football this year ??...Train Wreck comin'

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The MAC shut it down over the weekend...the dominoes will begin to fall....Whatever these conferences think they will lose in television revenues ....will pale in comparison to the class action lawsuits that will follow if there is a team or community outbreak traced back to a football game...or worse a death from a player, Coach, fan, classmate, Relative, or Faculty Member...

And of course this article..........which makes a TON of sense BTW..I have said it in other threads...these players ( and don't give me the scholarship crap) play for ZERO money..and NO ONE from the Power 5 or the NCAA gives a shit...but the players finally push back as they should...

Groups of players from both the Big Ten and Pac-12 have formed coalitions seeking increased safety measures for the 2020 football season in light of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Big Ten players released a statement via the College Athlete Unity organization calling for more comprehensive dialogue with the NCAA and conference.

The statement reads:

“While we appreciate the Big Ten’s recently announced plan for the upcoming season, we believe that the conference’s proposal falls short in certain areas. Given that the players are the primary stakeholders in the business of college sports, we believe any course of action moving forward needs to include player input. We are deeply disappointed with the lack of leadership demonstrated by the NCAA with respect to player safety during the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We believe that the NCAA must—on its own and through collaboration with the conference—devise a comprehensive plan to ensure the safety and well-being of players leading up to and during the upcoming fall season.”

It was an undisguised shot across the bow at the beleaguered NCAA, which has left major decisions about this season in the hands of individual conferences.

Among other demands, Big Ten players want a minimum of three COVID-19 tests per week, including one on game day. The Big Ten’s standard calls for only two weekly tests.

Meanwhile in the Pac-12, an organization of conference athletes released a somewhat similar list of conditions on the Players Tribune website. But, unlike the Big Ten, the Pac-12 coalition threatened to boycott the 2020 season if concessions weren’t made.

Also, Stadium reported Idaho’s football players took a team vote and nearly 75 percent don’t want to play in 2020.

Don’t be surprised if this dissent gets worse before it gets better.

Last edited:

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where this thread veered to, but Nothing or no business is too big to fail. The NFL, cfb. mlb, NBA can all collapse, and it wouldn't surprise me if when looking back from the future, that 2018,19,20 is when it all started to fall apart.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where this thread veered to, but Nothing or no business is too big to fail. The NFL, cfb. mlb, NBA can all collapse, and it wouldn't surprise me if when looking back from the future, that 2018,19,20 is when it all started to fall apart.

Thread title was posted as sarcasm...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest news: Sources: Power 5 talking about no fall football
Sunday, Aug. 9: Commissioners of the Power 5 conferences held an emergency meeting on Sunday, as there is growing concern among college athletics officials that the upcoming football season and other fall sports can't be played because of the coronavirus pandemic, sources told ESPN.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are colleges going to be open in the fall? Isn't learning what college is supposed to be about? Or are they going with remote learning from home?

If a student gets a year of remote learning so he still gets out in four years, does he get an extra year at college just to play football, or whatever?

If you're not going to have in-person college, you shouldn't have in-person football, either.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are colleges going to be open in the fall? Isn't learning what college is supposed to be about? Or are they going with remote learning from home?

If a student gets a year of remote learning so he still gets out in four years, does he get an extra year at college just to play football, or whatever?

If you're not going to have in-person college, you shouldn't have in-person football, either.

They have to give them an extra year of eligibility

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball could not stop infections and no doubt there would be breakouts if the college season were played. Who are we kidding. Conferences have held on for as long as they can die to the money but this Kung flu is not going away.

The loss of a season will spur major changes in college football. Athletic departments may go bankrupt. We could see teams disappear, conferences realign, scholarship limits changed. 4 billion dollars will be lost across cfb

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Major League Baseball could not stop infections and no doubt there would be breakouts if the college season were played. Who are we kidding. Conferences have held on for as long as they can die to the money but this Kung flu is not going away.

The loss of a season will spur major changes in college football. Athletic departments may go bankrupt. We could see teams disappear, conferences realign, scholarship limits changed. 4 billion dollars will be lost across cfb

Ehh...there are always Athletic Boosters to bail a program out...unfortunately if they are not already programs become more indebted to people like T Boone Pickens ... School programs can also borrow against their endowment...always a workaround...there will certainly be measures to recoup in small ways, the reduction of scholarships is one....candidly that may benefit programs like WV that are currently behind the eight ball in recruiting...players will soon be left without a home...and I think that seems likely since you have to believe that the NCAA is going to provide an extra year of eligibility...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this virus is going to run its course with or without football. Are you guys going to be all for shutting down next year, or the next because there will still be cases? Many universities are starting IN PERSON courses this week, including the big 10......if they can have school, they can play ball. Using the logic I see in this thread, college football is over.....we will be testing for this virus and others as an excuse to not play. In ohio in 2020, there have been more people die of drug overdoses than WITH covid!!!!!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you guys thought I was overreacting 3 months ago.......really wanted to be wrong...:smash:
Your braggard posts say otherwise!!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this virus is going to run its course with or without football. Are you guys going to be all for shutting down next year, or the next because there will still be cases? Many universities are starting IN PERSON courses this week, including the big 10......if they can have school, they can play ball. Using the logic I see in this thread, college football is over.....we will be testing for this virus and others as an excuse to not play. In ohio in 2020, there have been more people die of drug overdoses than WITH covid!!!!!

I agree about the virus. Once these kids to class and student life they will be exposed. There will be breakouts and kids will get infected regardless of whether football is played or not. You can’t keep students in a bubble. Teams are doing good while isolated at practice, resumption of school will be a different story.
Conference commissioners and presidents are afraid of losing any player to Covid. It will be a small miracle if we make it to the season with the 3 remaining power 5 conferences.