• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tony Romo

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
success begins at the top and for all of Jerry's success in the business world his stubbornness at remaining the reincarnation of Matt Millen at GM is beyond astounding its just stupid.

This organization is a mess

Most of us have went from proud Cowboy fans to being ashamed to be fans of this disorganized disaster that Jerry has brought on.

Truly sad

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

LOL...

Romo underthrew Dez 4 times. All 4 could have been TDs. Worst deep ball passer in the game. Also, there were some very poor red zone decisions. Throw in the questionable audibles and the late Ints to seal the game and it's deja vu` all over again...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending champs who are going to be in the same boat Dallas is in if they lose this game. 7-7 on the outside looking in. Who cares what happened in the past, the NFL is all about whats going on now. True they won a ring last season, but that doesn't help this year or next. I agree they do have a better owner, but who doesn't outside of Washington.

Tell that to Ravens fans, riding high off of 5 straight playoff trips and capping it off with a superbowl. Not to mention knowing their future is bright with Ozzie Newsome running the show.

But hey I got to watch 3 superbowl wins almost 20 years ago. :L

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...

Romo underthrew Dez 4 times. All 4 could have been TDs. Worst deep ball passer in the game. Also, there were some very poor red zone decisions. Throw in the questionable audibles and the late Ints to seal the game and it's deja vu` all over again...

Yeah Dez had 11 catches for 153 yards and a TD, it could have been 15 or 16 catches 253 yards and 4 or 5 TD's if Romo could throw the deep ball.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to Ravens fans, riding high off of 5 straight playoff trips and capping it off with a superbowl. Not to mention knowing their future is bright with Ozzie Newsome running the show.

But hey I got to watch 3 superbowl wins almost 20 years ago. :L

Yeah the Pittsburgh Steelers where saying the same thing just two seasons ago, now they want to blow up the whole franchise. The Ravens lost a lot in the offseason, and its gonna take a while to rebuild. True they are better than Dallas, but hardly a repeat Superbowl winner.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Pittsburgh Steelers where saying the same thing just two seasons ago, now they want to blow up the whole franchise. The Ravens lost a lot in the offseason, and its gonna take a while to rebuild. True they are better than Dallas, but hardly a repeat Superbowl winner.

No one is calling them superbowl contenders. But for you to say they are in the same boat as Dallas, well that's just not true. Dallas has a limitation that other successful franchises don't - a meddlesome owner.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
success begins at the top and for all of Jerry's success in the business world his stubbornness at remaining the reincarnation of Matt Millen at GM is beyond astounding its just stupid.

This organization is a mess

Most of us have went from proud Cowboy fans to being ashamed to be fans of this disorganized disaster that Jerry has brought on.

Truly sad

ya know colors, I think the Chicago players and coaches called playing in Dallas as a country club environment last week, and that hits the nail on the head. THIS IS PURE JERRY. He instilled this country club, sense of entitlement attitude which breeds football players with this all pays the same mindset from one week to another week. PITCH A TENT OVER THAT CIRCUS

Last edited by a moderator:

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is calling them superbowl contenders. But for you to say they are in the same boat as Dallas, well that's just not true. Dallas has a limitation that other successful franchises don't - a meddlesome owner.

When I was talking about being in the same boat, I was talking about this season. If the Ravens lose tonight they will be 7 and 7 on the outside looking in just like Dallas. I wasn't talking about the past or even future seasons. Its hard to rag an opposing teams fans when your teams record is no better.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds Johnny Football is eventually a Cowboy?

Yeah that's just what Dallas needs, another troublesome player who isn't cut out to be an NFL QB.

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are the odds Johnny Football is eventually a Cowboy?

Romo's contract and the Cowboys placement in the draft would likely prevent that, but it would be funny to see Jerry squirm if JM is still on the board. Kyle Orton is likely gone after this season, and there isn't a promising, young QB being developed on the team. You could make a case for it being a logical move if you think Romo just won't ever get it done and Manziel has something Dallas is missing.

With that said, how do you think a little, spoiled brat will adjust to an organization that will put him up on a pedestal? I suspect it would end up a disaster, unless he drastically matures.

In all likelihood, Dallas goes D-line in round 1, if any DL worth drafting is there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record I think Johnny Football will become a disaster in the pros, not because he's not talented enough but for the reasons stated. It just seems like a high profile, Jerry type of move.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What really sticks in my craw is even though the Cowboys were not expected to do anything, this loss is a national story, It's everywhere CNBC, Druge ..etc. You can't escape it.

I sure as hell don't remember the Broncos collapse getting that much attention.

All these years, that is the toughest part of being a Cowboys fan. There just seems to be a bigger and brighter flashlight that shines on the Cowboys failures.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what has turned me off on Romo was the missed interception in the endzone where the GB receiver took it out of his hands and his blown tackle on the 60 yard Lacy run early in the 3rd. yes he lead the team to them scoring 36 points but his defensive miscues ruined an otherwise good game.

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what has turned me off on Romo was the missed interception in the endzone where the GB receiver took it out of his hands and his blown tackle on the 60 yard Lacy run early in the 3rd. yes he lead the team to them scoring 36 points but his defensive miscues ruined an otherwise good game.

I get the sarcasm, but Romo missed way to many big throws in this game that would have put the game out of reach. He audibled out of running plays when he should have left the call alone and ran the ball. The Pick that gave the Packers the lead was thrown behind Miles Austin. Yes the defense gets its fair share of the blame, but Romo isn't free from blame.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hind sight being 20 20....I wish the cowboys had let Romo play his contract out. Thats not the hind sight part. I wish the would have struck a deal with Dez, that likely would have been more team friendly and Romo could get his walking papers. We would likely be in a much better cap situation then.

ROFLMFAO.....

Welcome to the party....

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wfrye looks Like you may have been right on Romo all along. I would like to echo what Earl said the other day....you often make good points, but it's the insults that turn people cold to you. I know you could probably careless of my opinion, but it is what it is.

WFRYE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wfrye looks Like you may have been right on Romo all along. I would like to echo what Earl said the other day....you often make good points, but it's the insults that turn people cold to you. I know you could probably careless of my opinion, but it is what it is.

Listen, I'm not always a dick here, but I have been preaching about Romo's lack of having a clutch gene and failure to have a high football IQ for years lol. It was absolutely dumb to extend this guy with his well documented history late in the season when you could have just let him play out the season or even franchised him the next season. I am not going to even get started on the defense and lack of pressure not changing this season with these overrated and over-the-hill DLinemen that I was crying about all season long. I see Jerry in most of you here and feel utterly disgusted with your love affairs with these marginal performing regular season players who hasn't accomplished shit in the playoffs...hiding behind "I'm a real fan" flag and totally ignoring the obvious...just enabling Jerry to further collect his money and field this trash product year after year...

Last edited by a moderator: