• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonites Game in Boston

NJDev4

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hi Guys, I have not posted a ton, but I had to tonite. That was really tough to watch. I have been a fan of the Devils since they moved to NJ and am not a bandwagoner. I have always supported the Devs through good and bad, and still do now. I cant remember when I missed a game either on TV or at the Arena, home or away. Sometimes its just gonna be tough to be a fan of your team, just like Im sure its tough now being a player on the team. But I got to say that the coaching of this team is real bad. I liked J Mac as a player a lot and he deserves all the praise for what he did back then but now as a coach he is in over his head and it shows. This team looks lost, injuries aside, it just doesnt have the edge and direction. It looked like the f**kin Boston Bruins were playin Newark Envelope tonite. They were just 2 way bad, except for a few minutes where they shined a little. Even Marty let in one that he should have stopped if he just kept the stick on the ice in front of the five. He is great but I dont know whats going on with him. The talent on the Devs is epic , no doubt about that. It just isnt being managed and directed as a team now. I dont know what ownership and Lou is going to do, but I think its time for a shakeup. But what ever they do its still Go Devils!

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree with this. But it's always that age old question: Do you blame the players for not stepping up or the coach for the lack of direction. At this point, it's not easy for me to say either way cause I hardly get to watch games. All I can say is these guys are making millions of dollars to play a sport, so their desire and determination better not be the issue.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I have against the coaching staff in general is their lack of adjustments besides playing musical lines. I mean, every game Mac says "we need to score more goals". Well, where have the changes been. I still see dump and chase hockey, miserable shots from the point, and no rebounds.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Until the find a good place to slot Ilya, we're going to have trouble winning. They need to do anything to get him going because they won't win without him. When Parise was healthy you could, but not with him shelved.

Realistically, this is what it comes down to.

A. You think that the team can make the playoffs by switching coaches.

B. You think that the season's already over. In this case MacLean should be allowed to learn from this, improve, move forward as a stronger coach, the Devils should also shed some age, and get the rookies solid playing time late in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MacLean's learning should not be at fans 'expenses'. We deserve some winning and scoring to enjoy for. Just to let one person grow by letting millions of fans down is not fair. With all do respect to him, he needs to step down and learn someplace else. Not every great player is suppuse to be a great coach. Remember Gretzky The Greatest ever... - did not succeed in coaching.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until the find a good place to slot Ilya, we're going to have trouble winning.

I strongly believe Elias makes everyone better

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not that you guys looked all that bad last night... bounces just weren't going your way. Ilya does look pretty bad though... not playing his worth. And I noticed Volchenkov and Tedenby seemed like they had bad positioning last night, legs seemed weak, couldnt keep up, and lost balance a bit. All I can really remember though. Clarkson looked good.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
MacLean's learning should not be at fans 'expenses'. We deserve some winning and scoring to enjoy for. Just to let one person grow by letting millions of fans down is not fair. With all do respect to him, he needs to step down and learn someplace else. Not every great player is suppuse to be a great coach. Remember Gretzky The Greatest ever... - did not succeed in coaching.

That sounds like a spoiled devils fan mentality to me.

skrillex26

Keep It On Ice
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Meh, i never expected us to beat Boston anyway.

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what has me scratching my head. MacLean did a bang up job coaching last year and everyone had nothing but good things to say. How did he suddenly lose the ability to coach? Or is he the same coach and the veterans on this team are an issue? Obviously something is off, but it is just hard to swallow that in one year he went from good to completely inept.

Just my $.02.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i dont get it either! the preseason they looked beastly!!!!! one really has to wonder in the first game against the stars if kovy pots that shot instead of hitting the pipe in the 1st period would this season be different? just haven't looked the same after losing that first game!

i do blame the players for a lot of this but there really isnt anything you can do about them...most of the players causing these problems have NTC's so they arent going anywhere. so are we going to wait 3 years?

on the flip side this roster HAS NOT changed all that much since last season and your telling me that you get a player like kovalchuk and THIS HAPPENS? thats gotta tell you its the coach i'm sorry! pens and caps both got rid of their coaches and look how that worked out!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Age sneaks up on good teams sometimes.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2