• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tonight.... Cajun shrimp and crawfish jumbalaya. Geaux Saints!

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't happen often, if ever. But tonight we are cooking cajun food....

shrimp and crawfish Jumbalaya, and french onion soup for dinner.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
fine, but run in the TD's, not by pass. :-)

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
;)

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This doesn't happen often, if ever. But tonight we are cooking cajun food....

shrimp and crawfish Jumbalaya, and french onion soup for dinner.

GEAUX SAINTS!!!!

no jokes here....I love seafood...put a ton a cajun seasoning in another pot of water...put in halfs of potatoes...15 min later add corn cobs...once boiling add frozen shrimp and crawfish...just when its about to boil again...pull the shrip and crawfish out and put in jumbalaya....who ever is making it will shit, how much better it is...lower the heat to low on the corn and potatoes and keep them in the water pot...the corn and potatoes get spicier the longer they slow cook...

took me years to figure that one out...crazy freakin good and better than the basic way I started...crap, going to have to cook that this week.

its a combo of "low country boil" and Jumbalaya...

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no jokes here....I love seafood...put a ton a cajun seasoning in another pot of water...put in halfs of potatoes...15 min later add corn cobs...once boiling add frozen shrimp and crawfish...just when its about to boil again...pull the shrip and crawfish out and put in jumbalaya....who ever is making it will shit, how much better it is...lower the heat to low on the corn and potatoes and keep them in the water pot...the corn and potatoes get spicier the longer they slow cook...

took me years to figure that one out...crazy freakin good and better than the basic way I started...crap, going to have to cook that this week.

We got our hands on fresh craw fish from Louisiana and of course fresh shrimp (I live on the pacific ocean) so we won't be using frozen fish... but I will pass on your recommendations to the cook for review. The wife is doing this one.

:suds:

Check this place out, they ship it fresh... you can even get them shipped live! Louisiana Crawfish Company

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got our hands on fresh craw fish from Louisiana and of course fresh shrimp (I live on the pacific ocean) so we won't be using frozen fish... but I will pass on your recommendations to the cook for review. The wife is doing this one.

:suds:

Check this place out, they ship it fresh... you can even get them shipped live! Louisiana Crawfish Company

I have got stuff from there before...I was the operations manager for Seattle Fish Co in Kansas City for 3 years and Faboulous Fish Co for 4...there are only two places in KC that you get actual fresh seafood (not 3-5 day old stuff) we bought from Seattle, Boston, Miami and NO mainly but had to get stuff from other places when they didn't have something.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Saints win and we win next week we are 1 game out.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have got stuff from there before...I was the operations manager for Seattle Fish Co in Kansas City for 3 years and Faboulous Fish Co for 4...there are only two places in KC that you get actual fresh seafood (not 3-5 day old stuff) we bought from Seattle, Boston, Miami and NO mainly but had to get stuff from other places when they didn't have something.

No shit? Do you know Harry Mahleres
? Friend of my families. I think he is working in Denver now, not sure. He is head of purchasing for Seattle Fish Co. My Uncle was a legendary salmon/tuna fisherman and he was good friends with Mahleres.

Last edited by a moderator:

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll probably have Chinese food, but definitely a Saints fan tonight.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No shit? Do you know Harry Mahleres
? Friend of my families. I think he is working in Denver now, not sure. He is head of purchasing for Seattle Fish Co. My Uncle was a legendary salmon/tuna fisherman and he was good friends with Mahleres.

Name sounds familiar but no I don't know him, two guys from Denver came out to KC to start it..maybe I overheard his name before...Scott Godke was from denver and is the purchaser in KC now.