• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tomorrow is the draft and Warrior fans give zero fks

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the last time you can recall not even being remotely concerned about the draft? The Warriors have no picks, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lacob and Co buy a pick. Most likely options would probably be somewhere late in the 1st round. High 2nds are usually more valuable than 1st because of less guaranteed money and years on the rookie contracts. Denver is reportedly shopping their 1st. Any college fans out there excited for any prospects in the late 1st?

VASFfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When's the last time you can recall not even being remotely concerned about the draft? The Warriors have no picks, but I wouldn't be surprised if Lacob and Co buy a pick. Most likely options would probably be somewhere late in the 1st round. High 2nds are usually more valuable than 1st because of less guaranteed money and years on the rookie contracts. Denver is reportedly shopping their 1st. Any college fans out there excited for any prospects in the late 1st?

"Excited"? I wouldn't go that far, because I honestly don't see many interesting options that would likely be available in the late 1st or early 2nd and none of them merit "excitement". But if in the late first, someone like Crabbe, Withey, Snell, or maybe Hardaway were available, might be worth spending a couple million or so to buy a pick. Or maybe take a gamble on Archie Goodwin in the early 2nd.

But if they aren't available or the Warriors can't acquire the right pick to get at them, no big deal.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Excited"? I wouldn't go that far, because I honestly don't see many interesting options that would likely be available in the late 1st or early 2nd and none of them merit "excitement". But if in the late first, someone like Crabbe, Withey, Snell, or maybe Hardaway were available, might be worth spending a couple million or so to buy a pick. Or maybe take a gamble on Archie Goodwin in the early 2nd.

But if they aren't available or the Warriors can't acquire the right pick to get at them, no big deal.

If we were able to get into the late 1st or early 2nd I would like to get a guy like Mike Muscala. Watching him reminds me a bit of Al Jefferson, with a bit more range. He definitely will need to add on muscle, but the guy is super talented in the block. He can use both hands around the rim and is crafty with his face up game. He's not the most athletic guy, but he front endline to endline he gets down the court. He looks to have very good footwork also. Defensively, is where I would have the most questions with him. I think he has the skills necessary to be a good defender, but that would all be predicated on getting strong enough to defend on the block. With Bogut's injury history, and Ezeli having a procedure done recently, you can't have enough skilled big men on your team.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for Klay, Bogut, Biedrins, RJ and a 2014 first-rounder for DH12, Jordan Hill and the Lakers' 2013 second rounder (#48) (possibly Steve Blake, if they're tired of him being average at best... which is all the Dubs really need from a back-up PG). Draft Carrick Felix for some defensive help off the bench, on the wing. There might be enough money left over to re-sign Jack (if no Blake).

A rotation of Barnes/Rush/Felix between the 2 and 3 is weaker than last season, but there is a Crabbe/Bullock/Hardaway, Jr.-type of player available in the late first/early second every year. If both Jack and Blake are on the roster (which would seem like a waste of money at first glance... though, certainly not more of a waste than RJ and Beans), that can strengthen the rotation at the 2 because Steph really excels at positioning himself off the ball. Thoughts?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping for Klay, Bogut, Biedrins, RJ and a 2014 first-rounder for DH12, Jordan Hill and the Lakers' 2013 second rounder (#48) (possibly Steve Blake, if they're tired of him being average at best... which is all the Dubs really need from a back-up PG). Draft Carrick Felix for some defensive help off the bench, on the wing. There might be enough money left over to re-sign Jack (if no Blake).

A rotation of Barnes/Rush/Felix between the 2 and 3 is weaker than last season, but there is a Crabbe/Bullock/Hardaway, Jr.-type of player available in the late first/early second every year. If both Jack and Blake are on the roster (which would seem like a waste of money at first glance... though, certainly not more of a waste than RJ and Beans), that can strengthen the rotation at the 2 because Steph really excels at positioning himself off the ball. Thoughts?

I'm pretty sure the Warriors aren't able to trade 1st rounders in back to back years, so I believe the earliest they can trade the pick would be 2015. I'm pretty much letting the D12 ship sail, only because D12 actually needs to want to come to the Warriors. He's never actually expressed any desire to do so.

I'd keep an eye out and put some feelers out there for Kevin Love. We've got some interesting pieces that we could offer. HB is off limits though.

For this draft the best options for the Warriors to get in would probably be buying Denvers pick at 27. Denver has been shopping the pick and we could probably get it for less than the max cash offer.

At 27, I'd be looking at Muscala, Hardaway Jr., Crabbe and Ledo.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the Warriors aren't able to trade 1st rounders in back to back years, so I believe the earliest they can trade the pick would be 2015. I'm pretty much letting the D12 ship sail, only because D12 actually needs to want to come to the Warriors. He's never actually expressed any desire to do so.

I'd keep an eye out and put some feelers out there for Kevin Love. We've got some interesting pieces that we could offer. HB is off limits though.

For this draft the best options for the Warriors to get in would probably be buying Denvers pick at 27. Denver has been shopping the pick and we could probably get it for less than the max cash offer.

At 27, I'd be looking at Muscala, Hardaway Jr., Crabbe and Ledo.

I like their offensive games, but I question if their D will ever be much better than Klay's eventual ceiling. Same goes for Bullock. Luckily, they can go w/ any position to gain more depth or focus on PG or PF to save money on replacements for Jack or Landry. I like the idea of grabbing a swing man, but I'd rather look later in the draft for an athlete with solid D and a less-polished offensive game.

With what I saw of Felix against Oregon, UCLA and Arizona, I think he could be that guy (and at a much lower cost, both with money for the pick and contract-wise). I didn't see enough of Muscala and Ledo this year to rule them out as defensive liabilities. THJ and Crabbe could prove me wrong, but I just wasn't impressed with their foot work on the other side of the ball. In my opinion, Felix and Oladipo are the only wing players in this draft that have the potential to be above-average NBA defenders. THJ could surprise me, though. At least, he'll have half of his dad's toughness, and that might be enough in today's League. Bullock has the athleticism to be great, but if Roy Williams couldn't convince him to work on fundamentals, I don't know who can.

Sorry about the mistype on the draft pick. Yes. 2015 from the Dubs. I know it isn't going to happen, but I see Klay as completely replaceable and Bogut as too limited not to roll the dice. You're right. It's all on Dwight, which I'm sure is just how he has always viewed it.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am so incredibly unimpressed in this draft class that I am glad the Dubs don't have a pick.

If Lacob really was interested in buying a draft pick, I would hope that the team would go after Tim Hardway Jr. I watched him at Michigan when I could this year and the kid has some skills. And let's be honest, it would be a crowd draw and a coup for jersey sales right away. Having Hardway and a (hopefully) healthy Brandon rush would possibly free up Myers to trade Klay and land a real big man.

Honestly, I think that Hardaway is gone before any team is willing to sell its pick.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so incredibly unimpressed in this draft class that I am glad the Dubs don't have a pick.

If Lacob really was interested in buying a draft pick, I would hope that the team would go after Tim Hardway Jr. I watched him at Michigan when I could this year and the kid has some skills. And let's be honest, it would be a crowd draw and a coup for jersey sales right away. Having Hardway and a (hopefully) healthy Brandon rush would possibly free up Myers to trade Klay and land a real big man.

Honestly, I think that Hardaway is gone before any team is willing to sell its pick.

You can never have too many guys who can put the ball in the bucket. Even though wing player isn't a huge need for our team, there's definitely uncertainty regarding Rush. Also back up 4/5 could be an area that would be addressed with a late 1st pick. I like Hardaway and think he can develop into a very nice role player for our team.

The top of the draft is horrendous, but there are some players with skill that will be there in the late 1st early 2nd. Especially with Bogut, Beans and RJ off the books next year, it'd be nice to add another role player on a rookie contract that opens more cap space to make runs at big name FA in 2014.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like their offensive games, but I question if their D will ever be much better than Klay's eventual ceiling. Same goes for Bullock. Luckily, they can go w/ any position to gain more depth or focus on PG or PF to save money on replacements for Jack or Landry. I like the idea of grabbing a swing man, but I'd rather look later in the draft for an athlete with solid D and a less-polished offensive game.

With what I saw of Felix against Oregon, UCLA and Arizona, I think he could be that guy (and at a much lower cost, both with money for the pick and contract-wise). I didn't see enough of Muscala and Ledo this year to rule them out as defensive liabilities. THJ and Crabbe could prove me wrong, but I just wasn't impressed with their foot work on the other side of the ball. In my opinion, Felix and Oladipo are the only wing players in this draft that have the potential to be above-average NBA defenders. THJ could surprise me, though. At least, he'll have half of his dad's toughness, and that might be enough in today's League. Bullock has the athleticism to be great, but if Roy Williams couldn't convince him to work on fundamentals, I don't know who can.

Sorry about the mistype on the draft pick. Yes. 2015 from the Dubs. I know it isn't going to happen, but I see Klay as completely replaceable and Bogut as too limited not to roll the dice. You're right. It's all on Dwight, which I'm sure is just how he has always viewed it.

Of course right after I say DH12 hasn't shown any interest, Chris Broussard writes that Golden State has asked for a meeting with Dwight and it looks likely he'll meet with them. Door not completely closed on Howard.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course right after I say DH12 hasn't shown any interest, Chris Broussard writes that Golden State has asked for a meeting with Dwight and it looks likely he'll meet with them. Door not completely closed on Howard.

Word. At least, they have a seat at the table. That is something, for this franchise. Sorry about starting this thread. I didn't see yours yesterday. Some "mod" I am. ;) I'll merge them.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemanja Nedovic and Malcolm Lee?

Something tells me the Warriors have many more moves up their sleeves.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nemanja Nedovic and Malcolm Lee?

Something tells me the Warriors have many more moves up their sleeves.

Yup. The perimeter just got a little crowded. Someone is getting traded.

EDIT: Turns out it was Lee and Goodwin for Nedovic, so the trade to thin out the perimeter did happen... almost immediately, and if the Serbian sticks in Europe for a couple more years, the Dubs are in the exact same situation as yesterday at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The EURO Derrick Rose!!!! All kidding aside, at the very least it's a hedge against the chances the Warriors aren't able to resign Jack. There are other PG options out on the market, and we'll have to see what it dictates. Nedovic is supposedly coming to play in the Summer League. If he doesn't impress, I'm sure the Warriors will stash him overseas for the year. Could also do this if Jack resigns.

FWIW, Malcolm Lee was traded from the Warriors, not to. No big splashy moves yet, but I like the Warriors patience thus far. No need showing your hand too early.