• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tom Brady continues to impress the Hell out of me

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year, TB always manages to find a way to win? Tampa was 7-9 last season.. I figured they might reach the playoffs this season and win one playoff game this season and then maybe next year have a real shot at reaching the Super Bowl. Well, they made it all the way this year. I'm not sure if the Tampa defense can stop the KC offense this year, but impressed that Tom made it this far.
Question, if Tom Brady wins this season, does he retire because he showed that he can win with or without Belichick? If he loses does he keep playing until he is healthy? Also, I feel like the Bucs could be possibly on the verge of being a dominating team for the next few years, especially with Brees looking to be on the way out. IF Tom sticks around, he has a legit shot at winning a few more Super Bowls. Anyway, guys like Tom and Andy just keep plugging away and getting better like fine wine with age and finding ways to get it done. Hats off to them.

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year after year, TB always manages to find a way to win? Tampa was 7-9 last season.. I figured they might reach the playoffs this season and win one playoff game this season and then maybe next year have a real shot at reaching the Super Bowl. Well, they made it all the way this year. I'm not sure if the Tampa defense can stop the KC offense this year, but impressed that Tom made it this far.
Question, if Tom Brady wins this season, does he retire because he showed that he can win with or without Belichick? If he loses does he keep playing until he is healthy? Also, I feel like the Bucs could be possibly on the verge of being a dominating team for the next few years, especially with Brees looking to be on the way out. IF Tom sticks around, he has a legit shot at winning a few more Super Bowls. Anyway, guys like Tom and Andy just keep plugging away and getting better like fine wine with age and finding ways to get it done. Hats off to them.
Don't ever put Andy Dalton in the same sentence as Tom Brady, Brady is a first ballot hall of famer and Dalton won't ever sniff the Hall.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady wont retire if he wins. He likes playing and winning too much. If playing for the Bucs helps him continue that, he'll keep playing. If the Bucs start crapping out he would rethink his options imo.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are many reasons why he is the GOAT. But this guy is driven to perform at a high level more than any athlete ever in the NFL.

He has gotten so much mileage out of the chip on his shoulder over being a 6th round draft pick. It's unbelievable.

QuestionSocratic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one narrative that makes me want to vomit is the genius of the Patriots organization that they were able to draft Brady in the sixth round.

In reality, if the Patriots saw a talent level that would convert to the success he has had, they were absolute idiots for not having taken him in the first round. The Pats had probably the greatest luck in the history of the draft.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one narrative that makes me want to vomit is the genius of the Patriots organization that they were able to draft Brady in the sixth round.

In reality, if the Patriots saw a talent level that would convert to the success he has had, they were absolute idiots for not having taken him in the first round. The Pats had probably the greatest luck in the history of the draft.
Get over it!

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see the best passes that Brady threw against Green Bay were long floaters. You could actually see that these passes were drills that he ran over & over with his receivers. And is Brady ever not looking at photos of the defense when he gets to the sideline?

Constantly working on routes with your receivers and reading defenses. Are these not the 2 most important things for a QB to work on?

I'm willing to bet that he works on these things more than most QB's in the league. What he does is just not an accident.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could see the best passes that Brady threw against Green Bay were long floaters. You could actually see that these passes were drills that he ran over & over with his receivers. And is Brady ever not looking at photos of the defense when he gets to the sideline?

Constantly working on routes with your receivers and reading defenses. Are these not the 2 most important things for a QB to work on?

I'm willing to bet that he works on these things more than most QB's in the league. What he does is just not an accident.

Except last year with the Pats. His work ethic has always been stellar - except last year.....

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over it!
He is right though. Tough to deny the monumental luck of a 6th rounder turning out to be the GOAT. Many of the 1st rounders fizzle out because they believe the media that they're the next god of football.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is right though. Tough to deny the monumental luck of a 6th rounder turning out to be the GOAT. Many of the 1st rounders fizzle out because they believe the media that they're the next god of football.
Whenever a draft pick turns out well it involves a certain amount of luck. I have no dispute with that.

Being critical of those of us that think the Patriots have done a pretty good job this century in itself is not an issue either.

The rhetoric about the genius of the Pats doesn't bother me either.

But if you think I'm going to miss an opportunity like a Buffalo fan talking shit about their "division foe" after hiding for what, thirty years??????

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whenever a draft pick turns out well it involves a certain amount of luck. I have no dispute with that.

Being critical of those of us that think the Patriots have done a pretty good job this century in itself is not an issue either.

The rhetoric about the genius of the Pats doesn't bother me either.

But if you think I'm going to miss an opportunity like a Buffalo fan talking shit about their "division foe" after hiding for what, thirty years??????
Please proceed. :suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would we have performed like he has if he was drafted in the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd round? Probably not... It was his drive to prove everyone wrong that got him to where he is imo

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would we have performed like he has if he was drafted in the 1st or 2nd or even 3rd round? Probably not... It was his drive to prove everyone wrong that got him to where he is imo
If he was drafted by the Jets in any round we wouldn't even remember his name......

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was drafted by the Jets in any round we wouldn't even remember his name......
And we wouldn't know who the Pats coach would be and if any SB's. Jets went to 2 AFCG games with Sanchez, so I doubt that

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We probably would have known his name, it's the NY media after all

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady wont retire if he wins. He likes playing and winning too much. If playing for the Bucs helps him continue that, he'll keep playing. If the Bucs start crapping out he would rethink his options imo.

Tom will keep playing even if he's wearing Depends. Crapping won't be an issue.