• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial pick your teams record this season

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated

Wow. Gatorchip is the first gator with a prediction.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated

Wow. Gatorchip is the first gator with a prediction.

And it was a humbled guess, hell if I was a gayder fan I'd be hollerin' out undefeated.

I'm curious Gatorchip, who do you think UF's other loss will be to (assuming you're thinking Alabama is one of them)?

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it was a humbled guess, hell if I was a gayder fan I'd be hollerin' out undefeated.

I'm curious Gatorchip, who do you think UF's other loss will be to (assuming you're thinking Alabama is one of them)?

The Gamecocks, duh.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's going to be some crappy team like Mississippi State. That's how we roll.
The SEC West sadly owns the Gators.

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Virginia Tech = 11-1 (7-1)

VS Boise State and FedEx Field, Maryland - VTs running game controls the game. The defense gives up some plays, but makes some on their own. Virginia Tech in a scary close one.

James Madison - Short week but it won't matter. Starters and fans leave early.

East Carolina - ECU loses a ton. VT wins at home.

@ Boston College - BC has a week off to prepare, but got blown away be every team with more talent last season. VT still has more talent, and therefore will win. BC keeps it way too close though.

@ NC State - They have a good passing attack but nothing else. May hang around, but another Tech win.

Central Michigan - Talent advantage and CMU rebuilding with a new staff. W

Wake Forest - The Homecoming crowd (VT actually decreases in atmosphere during HC) matches a ho-hum effort against a less talented but hustling Wake squad. Tech wakes up in the second half and takes control.

Duke - Duke will be motivated, after surprisingly close games the last two seasons. VT is prepared though and throws in the first half to lead, runs in the second half to seal it.

Georgia Tech - Both teams have a week off to prepare for the Thursday night showdown in Blacksburg. GT will use the time off to throw some kinks in their usual playbook, and I think that will be effective. However, the defense is prepped, the crowd takes away some advantages in the trenches, and the offense runs over Groh's 3-4 (even against his best Ds -and I'll admit he had some good ones- VT has managed to run against Groh when it matters). W in a classic.

@ North Carolina - Coming in with losses to the Florida schools and LSU, UNC is motivated to climb back into the ACC race. UNC has been a tough matchup for Tech since joining the ACC. They concentrate on the run, go super conservative on offense (to avoid turnovers), and somewhere along the way, make a big play to open up the game. VT fights back but not enough. A very uncertain prediction of loss.

@ Miami - One of the closest matchups in college football. Both teams are built to beat the other. When Virginia Tech focuses on running the ball, Miami's strength is inevitably rush defense. If Miami throws all over the field, Tech's defensive strength just happens to be pass defense that year. Combine that with the hype and crowds and it makes for a weird mixtures of blowouts (03, 05, 07 09) and nailbiters (04, 06, 08). Its an even year and Miami's at home, so we'll probably see a tight game with the ACC Coastal on the line. Low scoring, emotional, and turnover laden game is typically a VT specialty. A very uncertain prediction of win.

Virginia - The Hokies are welcomed home with the traditional win over instate rival Wahoos. It's off to Charlotte and hopefully a BCS game (fingers crossed for SOS help in the BCS).

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^Damn^^^

A simple 11-1 would have been sufficient.

CalvinJohnson4God

Time to die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE Georgia Institute of Technology

8-4 (4-4)

Predicting relatively ugly losses to UNC and VT

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would like to say 12-0....but realistically, we will drop one or two at some point....so i'll say 11-1 as well

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
snfl and i picked opposite records in the other thread hm