• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Night Shift Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiefWhiteHorse

Scrofula
A little town called none of ya god damn bidness
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? They're all anglicized. And you don't pronounce Mac and Mc differently in the English speaking world. It was just an inconsistency in spelling as the old languages(including old english) got mutilated by latinized-frenchied english.

lol that's why I repped her... I assume she was going for people who pronounce it "MACK-Donals"

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson leaves when I show up these days. No matter how early. I think I'm crying inside. Hold on..

IPostedWhat

I'm So High Right Now
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcdowells-xlarge.gif

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're weirding me out here forkem, I haven't seen someone this into etymology since my 65 year old freshman english teacher who read the odyssey to us... in its entirety...

Eh. I researched my family once. No big deal. We were MacDougall clan, eventually moved to Northern Ireland as mercenaries to help the Irish fight English knights. Later on my ancestors came to the states to ditch out of the potato famine, linked up with family already in Virginia, moved on to Wisconsin, got rid of the "Mc" in their name because at the time southern Wisconsin was economically dominated by the English, who were not very fond of catholic Scotsmen from Northern Ireland.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talked about this in a different thread last week but ended up deleting it cause I thought it gave away too much info but oh well. Before my family's last name was changed at Ellis Island when my grandpa immigrated here from Sicily, our last name translated was "The Rose Club/Mace" or "The Pink Club/Mace."

That's straight girly gangster, right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.