• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial NFL Hokies Thread

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as someone who shares the same first name, there is only one name worse than Robby he could go by, and that would have been Bobby

which i had a soccer coach when i was about 10-13 who insisted on calling me bobby, no matter how many times i would tell him, Rob or Robert, no god damned Bobby!

Yep.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby__s_World_by_kilroyart.jpg

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the G in RG3 stands for god not Griffin.

also, KC1 is going to do work in the meantime if RG3 can't go.

and we will be seeing 22 in blue doing backflips for years to come.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on another note... Mel Kiper still says that Logan would be taken late 1st round if he were to come out, because of his all of his tools. And that he is the most talented of the 2013 QB class. takes an indirect shot at Hokies staff, by saying he would be coached up in the NFL. Will he go? I would, if it were me, and i was looking at presumably a new O staff/scheme, ass OL, either new RB or same as before, fuller and davis gone at WR, etc etc

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on another note... Mel Kiper still says that Logan would be taken late 1st round if he were to come out, because of his all of his tools. And that he is the most talented of the 2013 QB class. takes an indirect shot at Hokies staff, by saying he would be coached up in the NFL. Will he go? I would, if it were me, and i was looking at presumably a new O staff/scheme, ass OL, either new RB or same as before, fuller and davis gone at WR, etc etc

"Last year, Virginia Tech running back Shyrone Stith left college after his junior season with dreams of securing a hefty NFL contract. And why not? Kiper had him pegged as the 46th-best player in the draft, a sure-fire second-round pick.

After two days of waiting, Stith was selected by the Jacksonville Jaguars with the 243rd pick overall. He now earns the NFL's minimum salary and spends most of his time on the bench."

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No f'n way Logan leaves early after this past year.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I think he optimizes his position by staying another year.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am now a skin, come on over its nice over here. We got RG3, josh morgan, and D hall. D hall might suck but hey he is still a hokie....

Don't forget starting Center Will Montgomery. He's had a really good season this year for the Skins.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't forget starting Center Will Montgomery. He's had a really good season this year for the Skins.

honest to goodness i knew he was on the team but didnt realize he was the starter.

sorry (real) skins fans, ill have my shit together by next season.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honest to goodness i knew he was on the team but didnt realize he was the starter.

Monty has done real well. I think he's even on the voting list for pro-bowl centers.

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monty has done real well. I think he's even on the voting list for pro-bowl centers.

I met him right after he got picked up by the Jags, as a UFA out of school. We were tailgating after some bullshit country concert my then gf/now wife dragged me to...

It was Nissan/Jiffy Lube/Corporate Whore Pavilion so there was no hope of actually leaving so I refired the grill and made some food. Monty and a troupe of no-less-than 8's came over for food and some beers. He saw the Gobbler (burnt orange xTerra covered in hokie stickers... wife's vehicle) and asked when we went to Tech. I told him and then he asked if I recognized him. I was like... no. Then he told me who he was and I was like... alright.

Then I looked at him. He didn't really seem that big. Not looking this up, I'd guess he's 6'2" and at the time weighed less than 300 lbs. I'm 5'11" and 3/4" and, at the time, around 250-260. I told him I felt like I could take him and he laughed... then he saw I was serious and was like, yea... no. So I gave him some beer and brauts until the NJLCW Pavilion Gestapo came over and told us to shut'her down and go wait in the line of cars like everyone else.

So, in short, I believe my somewhat serious and somewhat buzzed challenge to his OLness inspired him to become a tenured pro football player.

Way to go me.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hearing that he is seriously considering possibly even 'leaning' toward going pro.

Yes, i was being pretty conservative with my numbers... There are things that have transpired that i would consider to be major, (ill call them "red flags") that he doesnt come back.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have told David Wilson to stop doing backflips. Is he still allowed to catch rabbits?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants have told David Wilson to stop doing backflips. Is he still allowed to catch rabbits?

The coaches and front office didnt tell him, Justin Tuck told him not too. The GM just told him if you get hurt doing it, Imma ream your ass out basically. Eli even said he doesnt care cuz that means he is scoring TDs.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think all of our Jrs come back for their Sr season. Thomas i expect back even though he is filing the paperwork, Gayle I think will come back because the DE/OLB class is pretty deep this year, Fuller comes back for a healthy Sr season and to play with his brother, Exum takes another year to become a bad ass corner and a fairly early round pick. The only exception is Wang declares.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The entire Skins OLine has played quite well this year, much better than i would have imagined. They have been subpar for the last several with basically the same group. They have a few young guys that have promise and I fully expect them to pick up some more in FA and the draft (after upgrading the very inconsistent secondary--the achilles heel of the team)

If the line can add a couple solid ones and the secondary can too...this team will win the East next year. :wink:

And for the new Redskins fans. Welcome to the brotherhood. We have a NFL forum for them too! Come post some stuff over there. It is a pretty weak board right now, but we can change that..not many of us post over there. Just do me one favor..DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE INVITE DISNEY TROLL POISON TO THAT BOARD..

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/washington-redskins/

Last edited by a moderator:

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And I think all of our Jrs come back for their Sr season. Thomas i expect back even though he is filing the paperwork, Gayle I think will come back because the DE/OLB class is pretty deep this year, Fuller comes back for a healthy Sr season and to play with his brother, Exum takes another year to become a bad ass corner and a fairly early round pick. The only exception is Wang declares.

LOL Wang #1 overall. Some team that needs a real masher will trade up if they have to

As for Kiper, he is right more than he is wrong but I think he's wrong on LT. There is no way a team would take a chance on him in the 1st round. Almost all the defenses he faced this year were terrible. There is no getting around his staring down of receivers, horrible accuracy, and most important of all, lack of any kind of improvement throughout the season