• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Nebraska Basketball Bullshit Thread

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pregame...CAN'T WAIT

LlZVYf9

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp my pic from before the game didn't post...apparently I can't figure out how to plorst from my phone. Anyways, pretty ugly win tonight, but it was a W. Time to focus on the next game...it's officially HATE CREIGHTON WEEK!

All you Jaysker fans, go ahead and turn in your NU cards...Just don't expect them back when Miles and co. are beating your asses for years to come :yahoo:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sMiles was all kinds of happy after the Miami win last night.

"We saved the Big 10's bacon" :lol:

GBR

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They actually look like a real basketball team for the first time in forever.

I think they'll get to 16/17 wins and should be minimum NIT.

Not bad at all for year 2.

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree we look like an actual basketball team that can win some games this year, then I remember we have to play Indiana, Wisky, tOSU, MSU, Mich...and realize that no matter how good we really are or improved, we have a fucking brutal schedule.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll win a couple in Lincoln that they shouldn't.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Indiana aren't even good this year.

Michigan State just got their shit rocked by North Carolina.....who got their shit rocked by UAB...

Overall I think we can beat anyone this year.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan and Indiana aren't even good this year.

Michigan State just got their shit rocked by North Carolina.....who got their shit rocked by UAB...

Overall I think we can beat anyone this year.

At home, yeah.

Home court is huge in bb. It's very evident in point spreads.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the "Process" folks, be patient. Miles has done a good job so far of getting the fans involved and creating an environment that kids want to play in. Let Tim Miles teach his process, and if the execution is good then I like the direction our program is headed.

iYSiK.gif

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At home, yeah.

Home court is huge in bb. It's very evident in point spreads.

We are soon going to have one of the best home court advantages in the conference. If the student section keeps it up, we are gonna pull off more than our fair share of upsets. It's a completely new atmosphere at PBA.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's about time they put the students where they can be a factor all game.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet they are now getting complaints that it's too loud :rollseyes:

Are we the only school in the country with this big of a blue hair problem? :L

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The student section is the best part about the new arena for me. I love it.

Incidentally, there's going to be changes at The Bob before next year too. They're going to move the blue hairs around to make the student section better/have better seats all together (right now the student section is split). Will be fun to hear the whining over that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so much fun. I loved the Bob, but this is great. I wish the Creighton game was at home...holy shit that would be nuts.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a great few minutes of lol watching Tim Miles 12/6/13 press conference. At about 14:20 they start asking Coach about injuries and he flips the discussion to the Jaguars 3 game winning streak in the AFC. It gets better from there.

From the LJS Nebraska-Creighton yet another rivalry for Miles to embrace : Latest Husker News

"This is Doland, S.D., vs. Clark, and a controversial finish that included a waved-off basket at the buzzer of a one-point game — that coming immediately after a delay, when a bank of lights went dark on one end of the court.

“You want to talk about 1982?” Miles said. “There’s a book and a chapter in it when they turned the lights out on us, cost us the District 4 championship in 1982.”

Not that he’s bitter or anything.

“I am bitter, yeah,” Miles said, joking, but well, not really. “I mean, we got jacked in that deal.”

This coming from someone who was a high school freshman who watched the proceedings from the end of the bench.

And when Miles was a senior for Doland High?

“I fouled out in ’85 on just a terrible call, against Clark, and we were up three late and we ended up losing in overtime, and I’m sitting on the end of the bench in that one, too,” Miles said. “I pick a kid clean, and it’s like the rules nowadays, only worse.

I think it was the ref’s fault, and I don’t think they can fine me on that.”

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a great few minutes of lol watching Tim Miles 12/6/13 press conference. At about 14:20 they start asking Coach about injuries and he flips the discussion to the Jaguars 3 game winning streak in the AFC. It gets better from there.

From the LJS Nebraska-Creighton yet another rivalry for Miles to embrace : Latest Husker News

"This is Doland, S.D., vs. Clark, and a controversial finish that included a waved-off basket at the buzzer of a one-point game — that coming immediately after a delay, when a bank of lights went dark on one end of the court.

“You want to talk about 1982?” Miles said. “There’s a book and a chapter in it when they turned the lights out on us, cost us the District 4 championship in 1982.”

Not that he’s bitter or anything.

“I am bitter, yeah,” Miles said, joking, but well, not really. “I mean, we got jacked in that deal.”

This coming from someone who was a high school freshman who watched the proceedings from the end of the bench.

And when Miles was a senior for Doland High?

“I fouled out in ’85 on just a terrible call, against Clark, and we were up three late and we ended up losing in overtime, and I’m sitting on the end of the bench in that one, too,” Miles said. “I pick a kid clean, and it’s like the rules nowadays, only worse.

I think it was the ref’s fault, and I don’t think they can fine me on that.”

this guy is gonna take us places gents, and he hasnt told anyof us too fuck off yet, another bonus lol

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this guy is gonna take us places gents, and he hasnt told anyof us too fuck off yet, another bonus lol

No doubt man.

It's always more fun, as a fan, when a coach is great with the media. And Miles, I think, is at Jedi level.

I heard one of the other Nebraska coaches (in an interview) say that "Coach Miles is my favorite coach". It stuck with me because I don't remember a coach saying anything quite like that before.

I suspect it's just awfully tough not to love Coach Miles.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt man.

It's always more fun, as a fan, when a coach is great with the media. And Miles, I think, is at Jedi level.

I heard one of the other Nebraska coaches (in an interview) say that "Coach Miles is my favorite coach". It stuck with me because I don't remember a coach saying anything quite like that before.

I suspect it's just awfully tough not to love Coach Miles.

Fer sure, he has a good sense of humor and is really comfortable with the press, obviously that will go a long way here and with the wins he is stringing together, we may haave a lifer in Mr.Miles.