• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial National Signing Day Thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a massive flip. With Bama trying to lock up another #1 class, that could be a big blow.

Ummm, it's been known all year that we are low on scholarships/signing spots.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering you have probably half a dozen or so guys ranked lower than him, it could've been a lot better for the class ranking numbers if he didn't leave...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God damn Georgia, leave some for the rest of us.

Georgia had a lot of in state talent this year. 4 of their 7 5-stars came from Georgia, and the other 3 are real close to Georgia, with the furthest being NC.

With their success and Kirby being the best negative recruiter in the business, it's to be expected.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Arizona Gatorade Player of the Year QB Brock Purdy signed with Iowa St

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna ask, how many more guys do they realistically have a shot at? Given their current numbers, they have a chance to fly up the rankings with some more volume.
I have yet to see a consistent number. Just a lot of speculation on transfers and medical hardships. And varying numbers on schollies left. Biggest rumor is John Jackson blue shirting for SC. They aren't giving up much else tho

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Georgia had a lot of in state talent this year. 4 of their 7 5-stars came from Georgia, and the other 3 are real close to Georgia, with the furthest being NC.

With their success and Kirby being the best negative recruiter in the business, it's to be expected.

Fort Lauderdale, FL is farther away from Athens than any part of North Carolina.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see a consistent number. Just a lot of speculation on transfers and medical hardships. And varying numbers on schollies left. Biggest rumor is John Jackson blue shirting for SC. They aren't giving up much else tho
I have never heard of blue shirting, what is that?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering you have probably half a dozen or so guys ranked lower than him, it could've been a lot better for the class ranking numbers if he didn't leave...

I was just commenting on your claim we were going for the #1 class.

As for the player, not the type of shit I worry about.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, Bama's average is also considerably lower than Georgia's Ohio State's and Clemson's.

With 18 commitments for Bama, I'm a bit surprised that 5 of them are 3 stars.

Even with a full class, it's doubtful Bama would have got the top spot this year.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck your google map.

Nah, Me and my grandpa went down to Homestead for the last race of the year, and right before we were taking our seats on Sunday, my step grandma called and was hysterical, her son was found dead that morning.

We had to drive 13 hours straight in an RV to get back home. Longest drive of my life.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, Bama's average is also considerably lower than Georgia's Ohio State's and Clemson's.

With 18 commitments for Bama, I'm a bit surprised that 5 of them are 3 stars.

Even with a full class, it's doubtful Bama would have got the top spot this year.

Ok?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue shirting is becoming a more popular (but hardly common) way to creatively manage the number of athletic scholarships. Blue shirt rules allow for unrecruited players to be awarded a scholarship at the start of freshman practice. Like a red shirt, they will practice with the team but won’t be allowed to play for a year. This allows a team that may have too many commits to essentially borrow against their next year’s scholarship total. The rules are rather strict in regard to what is defined as being “unrecruited.” That means there was no official visit taken by the athlete, the coach didn’t visit the athlete at home, there was no National Letter of Intent signed, and no form of athletic aid.

Given those recruiting restrictions, it is still a pretty rare occurrence for a student-athlete to be considered for a blue shirt scholarship offer.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Recruiting’s color wheel: Redshirt, greenshirt, grayshirt, blueshirt

Meanwhile, blueshirts represent the newest loophole for FBS programs to accumulate depth while not affecting their annual numbers. Like grayshirt recruits, blueshirts are counted toward the next season’s scholarship total.

There is one distinct difference, however. Unlike grayshirts, a blueshirt is able to enroll and participate in team events in the fall. This allows programs to get the best of both worlds: FBS schools can delay a scholarship for the following year, allowing them to over-sign beyond the 25-scholarship limit, and get the use of a prospect immediately rather than waiting until the following spring.

The use of a blueshirt was first popularized by New Mexico State, which would support its numbers by enrolling prospects right after the beginning of the fall semester and then place them on scholarship. Tennessee has also embraced the use of blueshirts under coach Butch Jones.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Thompson picks Oklahoma.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just saying the limited amount of open spots might be why Bama is sitting 6th instead of third(same for Clemson and them being 7th instead of 3rd or 4th), but given what we have seen, even with 25 open spots, Bama probably doesn't get a top 2 class this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blue shirting is becoming a more popular (but hardly common) way to creatively manage the number of athletic scholarships. Blue shirt rules allow for unrecruited players to be awarded a scholarship at the start of freshman practice. Like a red shirt, they will practice with the team but won’t be allowed to play for a year. This allows a team that may have too many commits to essentially borrow against their next year’s scholarship total. The rules are rather strict in regard to what is defined as being “unrecruited.” That means there was no official visit taken by the athlete, the coach didn’t visit the athlete at home, there was no National Letter of Intent signed, and no form of athletic aid.

Given those recruiting restrictions, it is still a pretty rare occurrence for a student-athlete to be considered for a blue shirt scholarship offer.
Jesus, is Oregon in charge of the recruiting rules now? We have all of these different color shirts.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got, we got...
giphy.gif
Hold my beer.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...cruiting-national-signing-day-2018/315098002/

As far as recruiting stretches go, Michigan had as rough a 15-minute period Wednesday morning as you'll see.

The Wolverines watched as 5-star offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere, a player they offered before anyone else, picked Ohio State. Then less than 15 minutes later they watched linebacker Otis Reese, who had been committed to Michigan for 18 months, sign with Georgia.

The Wolverines hosted Petit-Frere for an on-campus visit for their game against Ohio State on Nov. 25. Michigan had recruited the country's top-rated offensive tackle longer than any team in America, offering him in the fall of 2015 — Harbaugh's first season.

Petit-Frere watched Michigan lose to the Buckeyes that day. A month later, the Wolverines set up shop at his high school in Tampa, Fla.,m for a week in preparation for the Outback Bowl. He watched them lose that, too.

And Wednesday, Michigan watched itself lose one of the country's best players to its biggest rival.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying the limited amount of open spots might be why Bama is sitting 6th instead of third(same for Clemson and them being 7th instead of 3rd or 4th), but given what we have seen, even with 25 open spots, Bama probably doesn't get a top 2 class this year.

Shit happens.