• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

tOfficial Dallas/Refs/Lions/NFL/Roger/Pete suck thread

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I....He...

Isn't Chicago his town?
Jets fan in Boston...Kill it.
Lions fan in Chicago...make it President???

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always a grey area when it comes to stuff like this. Had the Lions won probably none of this would have been brought up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought we would beat them and get destroyed by seattle. Lions play good on turf. Dallas dee is suspect. We can stop the run. Witten was the one thing that scared me. We always have problems with TE's. And you kno im no lion homer. Ive had enough arguments with tpaul and his posse. But as i said. It was a play i have NEVER seen happen in 30+ yrs of watching football.

Thats funny. You fired caldwell....im gonna miss that intense looking photo of him.

New Jims calming presence just wasnt cuttin' it anymore. Hahaha

I was watching the game with my old man. When the flag came out, I said something like, "I'll take it. But I hate those pussy calls." Then we talked about whether "face guarding" was a penalty still, if its five yards or if it ever was. Then all of a sudden it was fourth down and I was concerned he might have a heart attack. I was Calm as Caldwell, cuz I was skurd. Hahaha

Definitely dont lump ya in Homer Category dude.

With ya Witten. Figured he'd torch Levy, Whitehead and Palmer. (Like Chandler and Olsen did in losses)Levy was pretty shitty in general on Sunday. He's still a poor tackler and it hurt. (Hurt when he tackled Murray before Romo threw the pass and when he didn't come up to make a tackle at the end zone. And when he was one on one in coverage with Dez. That didn't make sense.)

Not gonna lie, I always liked Marrinelli. Seems like a great man. And I might be the only Lion fan that always was cool with Linehan. While Im busy not liein'.... Like Romo too. Used to hate the Cowboys, but not anymore. I kinda like em this year. Feels weird.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got enough of these threads, merging them all.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, the Shehawks fans are livid about this play for some reason. It means they get a cakewalk in Carolina.

They finally won a lombardi, you think that would be enough for them to get their panties unbundled.

They fear the Cowboys!!!! :lol:

fear.jpg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fordman, you forgot to make it a sticky. :yahoo:

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The funny thing is, I mainly see dumbfuck Cowboys haters bitching about the negated penalty more than I do Lions fans. Hell, Lions fans have pretty much said scoring only 3 pts in the 2nd half is the reason their team lost, not the negated penalty.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Confirmed refs blew 7 calls...

That hurt the Cowboys. Not that anybody cares about that, including a penalty preceding the 4th and 7 that would have given them a first down.

Just in keeping with fairness, the NFL has told the Cowboys that game officials missed several penalties against the Lions
— Clarence Hill (@clarencehilljr) January 7, 2015

Among the flags missed were illegal hands to fade that were so blatant that it knocked off Jermey Parnells helmet.

There was also a defensive hold on Jason Witten on the play before the 4th and 6

The Cowboys sent in 10 plays to the league to get reviewed as they do every week. At least 7 came back in their favor.

The point is, good teams win despite the refs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's thursday.

I'm going to throw this at the bottom of the tOfficial thread.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed calls are a part of the game and happen every single game. Flags thrown for PI and then picked back up just don't happen. If you don't get the difference there is no need to have further discussion.

Every time an overly defensive homer crowd tries to defend bad calls it's ALWAYS "but but but there were calls the other way too!" and they ALWAYS miss the point.

It was a highly visible bad call that was mishandled by the crew.

You don't need to go around bad corners to defend it. Accept it and move on.

The ONLY point your fans need to make is it came with more than 8 mins to play and the Lions had lots of opportunities to still win it and failed to do so. Really nothing more needs to be said.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed calls are a part of the game and happen every single game. Flags thrown for PI and then picked back up just don't happen. If you don't get the difference there is no need to have further discussion.

Every time an overly defensive homer crowd tries to defend bad calls it's ALWAYS "but but but there were calls the other way too!" and they ALWAYS miss the point.

The ONLY point your fans need to make is it came with more than 8 mins to play and the Lions had lots of opportunities to still win it and failed to do so. Really nothing more needs to be said.

That's all that needs to be said.

As for the "look at these other missed calls" stuff, that's more a product of "Refs wanted Dallas to win" BS.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said previously, I think the failing was the fact of this being an "Allstar" group and a break down in communication. There are many times in a game where a flag will fly, the officials will huddle up, and then they will say there is not a flag on the play and pick it up.

Instead the head ref Morelli forgot to consult with his crew before he called out the penalty, then a guy on his crew was like WHOA SON! There was just incidental contact! Ref is all like, oh, my bad, gonna pick this up then.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said previously, I think the failing was the fact of this being an "Allstar" group and a break down in communication. There are many times in a game where a flag will fly, the officials will huddle up, and then they will say there is not a flag on the play and pick it up.

Instead the head ref Morelli forgot to consult with his crew before he called out the penalty, then a guy on his crew was like WHOA SON! There was just incidental contact! Ref is all like, oh, my bad, gonna pick this up then.
It was PI though. They did miss the face mask on that, but then no one saw that at the time. What they did see was flagged and was legit to flag. It shouldn't have been picked up.

Still, with that much time left it can't be seen as the only reason Dallas won. Lions had every opportunity on both defense and offense to win it and didn't. Bad calls are a part of the game and you must play well enough to overcome them in the NFL. They didn't.

The stuff about how many other calls were missed just doesn't matter IMO. It's entirely irrelevant and fully expected.
OP has 22 negative reps for his post... what is the record? That is the most I have seen here, but assume it is far from the record.
Not even in the same ballpark. There are a few threads by oregonducks that had epic amounts of negs. At least on the site in general. Not sure what the record is for just the NFL board.

Kumquat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was PI though. They did miss the face mask on that, but then no one saw that at the time. What they did see was flagged and was legit to flag. It shouldn't have been picked up.

Still, with that much time left it can't be seen as the only reason Dallas won. Lions had every opportunity on both defense and offense to win it and didn't. Bad calls are a part of the game and you must play well enough to overcome them in the NFL. They didn't.

The stuff about how many other calls were missed just doesn't matter IMO. It's entirely irrelevant and fully expected.

Not even in the same ballpark. There are a few threads by oregonducks that had epic amounts of negs. At least on the site in general. Not sure what the record is for just the NFL board.

No, what they missed was defensive holding. The PI was caused after the facemask was grabbed and could easily be OPI. So they missed a defensive holding, which happens every game multiple times a game. It happened on that 3rd down to Jason Witten which put the Cowboys in a 4th and 6. The difference is Dallas had some balls and went for it where as Detroit punted on 4th and 1.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what they missed was defensive holding. The PI was caused after the facemask was grabbed and could easily be OPI. So they missed a defensive holding, which happens every game multiple times a game. It happened on that 3rd down to Jason Witten which put the Cowboys in a 4th and 6. The difference is Dallas had some balls and went for it where as Detroit punted on 4th and 1.

Jesus, you aren't going to win this so why keep it up? Given that most agree it wasn't the end of the game anyway, this is all rather pointless.

WHAT THEY DID SEE. You can't say what should have happened now based on what freeze frame shows actually happened. That's not reasonable. Given what the refs ACTUALLY SAW at the time, the PI should have stood. PERIOD. There is absolutely no debate over this at all. NONE. They agree with that, the media agrees with that, the pundits agree with that, the former refs agree with that.

Lions should have still held the Cowboys from scoring and/or answered with their own score and didn't. This is the only fact you need to deal with the idiots who say that blown call is the only reason Dallas won. It did impact the game, but it didn't end it.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OP has 22 negative reps for his post... what is the record? That is the most I have seen here, but assume it is far from the record.

Not even close.