• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: tOfficial Cardinals vs Red Sox

Who you got

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since nobody else has started one. Poll forthcoming.

Who you got?

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If my squad is going to win the series, which I believe they will, it's in 6 games.

Wacha shuts down the BoSox like Gibson did in '67.

If BoSox fans think they can rely on flukey late game grand slam heroics, you have another thing comin'.

In the first 2 games vs Detroit, what did you have, 1 hit over 15 innings on their starters? :L Face it, you beat up on a lousy bullpen, shoddy defense and poor baserunning by Detroit. You won't see that vs STL.

You have a scrappy team but the bottom of your lineup and especially at Busch is weak! :nod: You have a quality team but you will have to do A LOT more vs STL than you did vs Detroit if you expect to beat us.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am already sick of the beard stories....

I don't think "Boston Strong" will get old. (I don't think they will over-hype, or sensationalize it.) One short moment of silence may be tastefully done.

I don't see how haveing the best fans in baseball can be used so much that it gets old. (Other that idiot McCarver saying it over and over.)

"What will the fox say?" I finally heard that song at a campout this weekend. Hillarious!... I forgot that this will be McCarver's last time in the booth. I'll miss counting how many stupid things he says during the games. I propose we all drink evertime he tries to be smart, but really isn't!

"The count is full at 3-2, so the pitcher really has to pay attention here. The batter, too! He'll either get a hit, or will be out. Unless he is walked. Or hits it foul. Which reminds me: I was talking to Derek Jeter the other day, and he told me that he loves batting with the full count, because the chances of getting a pitch to hit were much better than other counts. Like 0-2 or 1-2, for example. He also says he love pistachio ice cream, which I love, too." - A Tim McCarver re-enactment.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the Red Sox in 6 games

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am already sick of the beard stories....

Lol.. and you're a Red Sox fan. Imagine how the rest of us feel. That's really the only reason I'm rooting for the Cards. I have nothing against the Red Sox but all of the hype and back stories got old a long time ago... and if I see that slo-mo of all of them pouring out of the dugout after game 2, like it's the raising of the flag at Mt Suribachi, one more time something is going through the TV set. :gaah:

Great McCarver take, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad McCarver will be done after this go round, he's gotten worse over the years...I also wish another network carried the world series.
Sometimes I mute the TV and listen to espn radio doing the games.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st World Series in a long time where there wasn't a clear cut favorite. This is toss up. It should be fun. Give us a game 7!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that one is apparently an "official" - "sticky"....lol

....but this one will have the better beers and snacks throughout the series.

They'll eventually switch the sticky - when they realize the poll on the other one is missing data...